Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2011, 01:46 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,384,859 times

Advertisements

someone needs to tell these idiots that jihad violates human rights.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2011, 01:59 PM

3,337 posts, read 5,120,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Poor old white right wingers think KKK university can qualify under the Dept of Education student loan program and have black students sit at the back of the bus, not use white drinking fountains as long as they did not discriminate in "admissions"......LOL

Explain to me how this University is "KKK University".

Comparing this University, who actually ACCEPTED these Muslim students, to the KKK. Who's being the bigot now?

Old 10-27-2011, 02:04 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theroc5156 View Post

Comparing this University, who actually ACCEPTED these Muslim students, to the KKK. Who's being the bigot now?

It was against the US Constitution for the Federal Government to give any subsidy(payoff) to any religious organization, in the first place.

ooops!

Old 10-27-2011, 02:07 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,980,467 times
Quote:

I did not compare it to this University.

I was told by a right wing legal scholar in this thread that the only Federal anti-discrimination laws that apply, apply only to admissions.

I gave an example of how absurd that argument is.

Old 10-27-2011, 02:08 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,655,954 times
If they don't like it, they can kiss off. And this from a liberal on human rights issues.

Old 10-27-2011, 02:11 PM

1,787 posts, read 3,850,541 times
Quote:
They will not let them form a school sponsored Muslim club....so you are wrong.

Remain on the floor till your clapper works.
I don't believe that is covered by the law. They are not being excluded from any school sponsored functions - I don't see anything that demands the school be forced to sponsor a new function on the behalf of the Muslim students.

Old 10-27-2011, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chele123 View Post
I don't believe that is covered by the law. They are not being excluded from any school sponsored functions - I don't see anything that demands the school be forced to sponsor a new function on the behalf of the Muslim students.
Right. So the Jews get to have a student group but not the Muslims.

You're willfully blind.

Old 10-27-2011, 02:15 PM

3,337 posts, read 5,120,178 times
Quote:
I did not compare it to this University.

I was told by a right wing legal scholar in this thread that the only Federal anti-discrimination laws that apply, apply only to admissions.

I gave an example of how absurd that argument is.
Actually, your argument is absurd. The Muslim students were accepted and given a room to perform their prayers. Not creating a group does not prevent these students from them practicing their religion so the school isn't discriminating against anyone. The government wouldn't give this school a dime if they were really violating the law.

Your faux-support of these Muslim students is quite transparent. You could care less about them and I bet you could really care less about the pennies the government gives the school. You are just enjoying this controversy because in your mind it paints the school in a negative way.

Old 10-27-2011, 02:23 PM

1,787 posts, read 3,850,541 times
Quote:
Right. So the Jews get to have a student group but not the Muslims.

You're willfully blind.
Did the school form the Jewish group, or did the Jewish students? Is the school permitting the Jewish group or are they financially supporting the Jewish group?

Old 10-27-2011, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Actually, your argument is absurd. The Muslim students were accepted and given a room to perform their prayers. Not creating a group does not prevent these students from them practicing their religion so the school isn't discriminating against anyone. The government wouldn't give this school a dime if they were really violating the law.

Your faux-support of these Muslim students is quite transparent. You could care less about them and I bet you could really care less about the pennies the government gives the school. You are just enjoying this controversy because in your mind it paints the school in a negative way.
Ok, well this is a slam dunk case if it's true they are denying them a right to form a student group.

The University will wind up letting them have their group, and you''ll be as clueless to what the law calls for as ever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies