Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2011, 04:15 PM

2,226 posts, read 2,103,364 times

Advertisements

Wow, I CANNOT believe how particular music and narration can make 90% of that information sound ominous and threatining. Ridiculous. They also added/subtracted key points as they were showing scary pictures! No wonder you can brainwash entire swaths of unsuspecting people who hate the left/Obama/democrats into belivieing crapolla like that! Wow, I've never really understood how/why people would get so over the moon crazy about "Obamacare"....now I see. Ignorance breeds ignorance. That is SO sad!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2011, 04:17 PM

2,226 posts, read 2,103,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
tell that to michelle tingle, who lost her father do to canadian health care system that could not give her father triple bypass surgery due to the wai times. that says alot about canadian health care. when people die waiting for health care to be supplied by the goverment who should not even be involved with health care in the 1st place.

this is what obamacare will do to the USA.

Wow thats one person out of 7 BILLION!

Old 11-05-2011, 04:19 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,924,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
my math has NOTHING to due with insurance

the FACT is the cost of CARE would be 2.5 trillion to 6 trillion depending on a full or partial coverage for the 320 million people

fact RIGHT NOW medicare/caid spends nearly a trillion to cover 1/5th of the population..and that is based on the governemt LOW PAYMENTS that doctors cant afford

doctor says a visit is 60..yet medicare/caid will only pay 25....

medicare is 'about' an 80/20...yet cost over 590 billion just to PARTIALLY cover 35 million seniors

the FACTS are there
This assumes that we don't proceed to some basic reforms. For example a unique set of tariffs nationwide no matter who your insurance company is and insurance companies operating nationwide instead of statewide.

Additionally, medical administration is a disaster zone. They make even the federal government look efficient. And that is 25% of all our health care dollars.

Old 11-05-2011, 08:04 PM

33,548 posts, read 37,145,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
my math has NOTHING to due with insurance

the FACT is the cost of CARE would be 2.5 trillion to 6 trillion depending on a full or partial coverage for the 320 million people

fact RIGHT NOW medicare/caid spends nearly a trillion to cover 1/5th of the population..and that is based on the governemt LOW PAYMENTS that doctors cant afford

doctor says a visit is 60..yet medicare/caid will only pay 25....

medicare is 'about' an 80/20...yet cost over 590 billion just to PARTIALLY cover 35 million seniors

the FACTS are there
If your math is correct, then there remains only one answer...Whoever is in charge of your health care are colossally stupid or greedy...If we can cover everyone in Canada for half the cost of what it now costs in the US, give me one reason that it cannot be done?

Old 11-05-2011, 08:04 PM

1,568 posts, read 1,552,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
If your math is correct, then there remains only one answer...Whoever is in charge of your health care are colossally stupid or greedy...If we can cover everyone in Canada for half the cost of what it now costs in the US, give me one reason that it cannot be done?
Who says we can do that?

Old 11-05-2011, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Kim View Post
Who says we can do that?
Are you in the habit of answering a question with a question? Well, tell me why you can't. Thirty-two of the thirty-three developed nations have universal health care, with the United States being the lone exception.

List of Countries with Universal Healthcare « True Cost – Analyzing our economy, government policy, and society through the lens of cost-benefit

This is what you have to look forward to in the US, and I see it being even more costly than what you have now, that is unless you go to a true single payer system.

Insurance Mandate: The government mandates that all citizens purchase insurance, whether from private, public, or non-profit insurers. In some cases the insurer list is quite restrictive, while in others a healthy private market for insurance is simply regulated and standardized by the government. In this kind of system insurers are barred from rejecting sick individuals, and individuals are required to purchase insurance, in order to prevent typical health care market failures from arising. This just adds another layer to the cost of health care.

Old 11-05-2011, 08:14 PM

1,568 posts, read 1,552,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Are you in the habit of answering a question with a question? Well, tell me why you can't. Thirty-two of the thirty-three developed nations have universal health care, with the United States being the lone exception.

List of Countries with Universal Healthcare « True Cost – Analyzing our economy, government policy, and society through the lens of cost-benefit
I don't care if others have been suckered into depending on government to tell them how much health care they should have.

Their problem.

Not mine.

Old 11-05-2011, 08:44 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,493,436 times
Quote:
Which is about 300,000,000 out of 310,000,000 Americans.

UuuufhdaaH! What planet are you living on?

You're interpreting the fact of unreported illnesses as healthy people? Those illnesses are unreported because people can't afford to get the treatment! Jeeez. They're working regardless, because they haven't got a choice.

You aren't seriously saying that they are at the peak of their efficiency are you? if so, you haven't been into a factory lately to watch the folks showing up with illnesses or not keeping their jobs in this economy.

300,000,000 of the 310,000,000 working are productive? I want some of what you're smoking right now!

Old 11-05-2011, 08:49 PM

Quote:
I don't care if others have been suckered into depending on government to tell them how much health care they should have.

Their problem.

Not mine.
I find that attitude quite common on this forum...

Old 11-05-2011, 08:58 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,493,436 times
Quote:

Their problem.

Not mine.
I'm seeing the problem here and it's fairly simple really. You don't trust your government AT ALL! You can afford to pay so screw everyone else.

Instead of a government that would provide oversight and controls you fear yours would take advantage and merely line up at the trough with the big corps to rape you while you're bent over getting that shot in the butt.

That's some system ya got going; they're all crooked so I'm not opting or forcing any change and everyone else is on their own.

Would it be easier for you to swallow a universal health care program if the government could be trusted to oversee it with an arms length policy?

Eg: No lobbyists for big drug companies allowed on the hill, no drug company contributions to election campaigns etc., You can work for those changes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies