Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2011, 10:56 PM

20,341 posts, read 19,925,039 times

Advertisements

".....But I ran across something this evening that may add a new dimension to this story. It has been widely reported that Olsen is a member of Iraq Veterans Against the War. But apparently his opposition to the U.S. military and the Marine Corps in which he served runs a little deeper.

The site is no longer live, but Olsen was the founder of IHateTheMarineCorps.com, a private user forum apparently dedicated to bashing the Marine Corps....."

More here.....

Iraq War Veteran Injured at OWS Oakland Founder of IHateTheMarineCorps.com | Verum Serum
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2011, 10:59 PM

1,568 posts, read 1,551,757 times
There is a lot of stuff there that ties back to him, isn't there?

Old 10-28-2011, 11:17 PM

6,864 posts, read 12,078,177 times
At least now we know why he was part of the mob acting as a rioter.

Old 10-29-2011, 12:46 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
Rightwingers will stop at nothing to smear veterans who fought for their country.

Sickening.

Old 10-29-2011, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Rightwingers will stop at nothing to smear veterans who fought for their country.

Sickening.
Compared to what? Profiling them as potential terrorists?

Old 10-29-2011, 12:51 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,530,849 times
Quote:

Sickening.
So if the veteran is leftist and hates the military, liberals support them. But if they're active duty, especially if they are recruiters, and are proud to serve their country then ultra-liberals hate them.

Old 10-29-2011, 01:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
So if the veteran is leftist and hates the military, liberals support them. But if they're active duty, especially if they are recruiters, and are proud to serve their country then ultra-liberals hate them.
You believe anything you read, and that's the problem with conservatives. They watch FOX, listen to Glenn Beck, and believe every website that is linked to them.

You live in a black and white world that FOX News defines for you. I feel sorry for people like you. Led around like sheep.

I'd bet you money this former Marine is no sheep. Can't say the same thing for most conservatives.

Old 10-29-2011, 01:06 AM

Fox did not report this.

Can you find a link that shows they did?

I can't.

Old 10-29-2011, 01:12 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,530,849 times
Quote:
You believe anything you read, and that's the problem with conservatives. They watch FOX, listen to Glenn Beck, and believe every website that is linked to them.

You live in a black and white world that FOX News defines for you. I feel sorry for people like you. Led around like sheep.
1. I didn't say "liberals" hate the military,...I said ultra-liberals hate the military. Examples of this include the 2003 case of public school teachers in Maine who verbally harassed students whose parents were called to active duty to go to Iraq, universities whose faculty and students verbally and physically attack military recruiters on campus, and most famous example of 2008 city of Berkeley vs the US Marines.
2. I don't watch the FOX news commentators. I catch FOX and Friends in the morning. Don't watch FOX news after that. Never watched nor listened to Glen Beck.

Old 10-29-2011, 01:19 AM

You know, it was "liberals" who don't like sending the troops into harms way for non existent WMD's in the first place, it is "liberals" who fought for increased G.I. Bill benefits and more guaranteed rest time between deployments, and on and on. In my mind, that means they care alot more about the troops than anyone in the Bush Administration, which never gave a damn about what happened to them in Iraq, whether or not they had the equipment they needed, and opposed the previous examples I presented.

I know who supports the troops, and who just say they do. Actions speak louder than words, yet somehow conservatives, by their propaganda machine, Limbaugh, FOX, etc, etc have convinced low information types the opposite is true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies