Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2011, 02:47 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,139,161 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snort View Post
First off, I never liked the guy, but I've been thinking about this a long time. Criticized for years by Obama, he's never said a word in his own defense (so far as I know). I think this shows great restraint on his part and true "presidential" stature.
On the other hand, I take away points every time I hear Obama talk about the problems he inherited from Bush. Obama has certainly gone the wrong way on the national debt and things just aren't getting any better with him.
How is living in shame a sign of showing great restraint and being Presidential?

Obama has every right to blame Bush. How can he fix what went wrong under Bush's watch? So far the Republican solution is "vote us back into the Presidency" which is a credible solution only to the partisan hacks amongst us. The problems brought about by 8 years of insanity cannot be cured in 4 by a man the opposition has no intention of cooperating with. Blame the Republicans for showing they are more interested in politics than country in these desperate times.

Bush should be doing two things instead of hiding in shame:

1) He should be offering solutions to the problems he caused, actively engaging the government and country he loves to bring it back to glory. His silence not only implies shame, it also acts like a final stab wound to the country, a wound inflicted because he doesn't care or recognize the damage his "leadership" caused.

OR

2) Bush should be forced to live in an open cage on the National Mall so We The People can tell him exactly how we feel. We can walk by and show him the desperation of the newly poor and the wounded veterans can be paraded by so he can see their shattered bodies for fighting his illegal and immoral wars.

I really would like option 1, but in light of his current silence, option 2 makes more sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2011, 03:17 PM

4,160 posts, read 5,621,890 times
Doesn't that argument get old? Blame Bush...I don't see any other president blaming the one before-the song and dance gets old...Obama is ineffective as president end of story

Old 11-02-2011, 07:35 PM

8,047 posts, read 10,638,176 times
dnvrsoul, you've got a lot of good sense, and you're right. Why waste time and energy. Our leadership, Presidents and Congress included, has been ineffective, and not "for the people" for a very long time.

Old 11-02-2011, 08:50 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,525,255 times
It is truly fascinating how a man who caused so much misery, pain, death and shame still has a loyal fan club. It further explains to me how starving masses in North Korea, some who have done time in concentration camps for "crimes against the state", can weep tears of joy when their "Dear Leader" is mentioned.

There is a fine line between these North Koreans and fans of Bush. The commonality is the power of brainwashing the feeble mind.

Old 11-02-2011, 10:15 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,306,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snort View Post
First off, I never liked the guy, but I've been thinking about this a long time. Criticized for years by Obama, he's never said a word in his own defense (so far as I know). I think this shows great restraint on his part and true "presidential" stature.
On the other hand, I take away points every time I hear Obama talk about the problems he inherited from Bush. Obama has certainly gone the wrong way on the national debt and things just aren't getting any better with him.
That's because he has nothing to defend with. Staying silent was the perfect exit strategy for Bush. I'm not a complete Bush-basher or anything, but I find the way he has been "silent" kind of a strategic and sly move on his part to actually keep the pressure off of himself. Think about it, he did his damage and he exited via the backdoor of the stage and drove off in his limosine. How can that be seen as "Presidential stature?"

Also, you know he has to be sitting somewhere right now living pretty good. He even had the nerves to say he wanted to stay out of the limelight but then he released his book. No, he wants to avoid any public questions, that's what it is.

Old 11-02-2011, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
GWB was a bad president and screwed a lot of stuff up but he's got more class on a bad day than Obama could dream of having in an entire lifetime. GWB is enjoying being out of DC, I know I sure would.
You really believe that Bush has more class than Obama? I'm not going to nitpick about why you feel that way, but have you really paid attention to any Bush public moments or any videos of him? He doesn't really fit the word "class." Please, tell me what makes Obama less-classy? Or are you biased?

Last edited by SoEdible; 11-02-2011 at 10:31 PM..

Old 11-02-2011, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LookinForMayberry View Post
I suspect good ol' GW is hanging at the ranch, basking in the glory of raking up billions of dollars for his cronies, and watching President Obama smirking. Yes, he's left a mess that no President could clean up in one session, and he's happy to see that his party has the Congress tied up tighter than a calf at ropin' time -- and you know what happens to roped calves.

Poor President Obama, he gets all the dirty work done while the GOP sits on their bottoms poking him with their lobbyist funded rhetoric, and their party supporters don't even realize they are taking food from their own tables to support them.

Yea, GW, raise that beer to the screen and have another bite of steak. You've totally hosed the American economy and there isn't a darned thing anyone can do about it.
My thoughts exactly, Bush is a very lucky man. He served two terms, two, in which he made decisions as if he was a gunslinger. He allowed some of the members of his administration to lead him into those decisions. Often times, we the public, felt lied to and knew we were being lied to because of all of his inconsistent speeches and contradictions within facts. Yes, he got off very easy and today he does sit on some Texas land with no obligation to anything going on right now. That's how it is for politicians. People are right when they say they are the biggest crooks and they get away with it.

Imagine if you could do whatever you wanted and you had the legal right to do it. You could make the decisions that affect millions and you could even make it look like it was the right decision. You make those decisions and don't even have to answer to them legally.

Some may say the same about President Obama. I guess we can say that about all Presidents though, but Bush, ooh wee, there were some shenanigans going on there.

Old 11-02-2011, 10:29 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,529,862 times
Millions of us that saw the buffoonery of Bush, do MISS HIM, NOW.

Goofball that he was, he was a true American, and respected our Constitution.

We have a Communist, now that is "transforming America" into a Communist nation, and banana republic, sending even more jobs from our shores, killing oil drilling to keep us reliant on the foreign oil and BO was helping Brazil drill in deepwater right when he said no more drilling in our gulf.

Old 11-03-2011, 03:49 PM

4,160 posts, read 5,621,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by montanamom View Post
dnvrsoul, you've got a lot of good sense, and you're right. Why waste time and energy. Our leadership, Presidents and Congress included, has been ineffective, and not "for the people" for a very long time.

I'm sick of both sides-"for the people" what a concept...this country is bleeding to death and our representatives don't care....I only wonder what will happen the next 4 years-can we as a country get worse?

Old 11-03-2011, 04:05 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,568,283 times
Anyone with a shred of sense predicted Bush would fade into the sunset.

When one's fart stinks that badly, that person generally shuts their mouth and attempts to exit stage left as quietly as possible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies