Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2011, 03:02 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,402,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
Sandusky is a ruthless Monster. "That's what HE "is".....

Now, on tonights news, they warned that MOST abuse victims are abused by someone they know: YOUR friends, your priest, your coach, your camp counselor....

"NOT" the creepy guy in the rain-coat... {{{ "shudder" }}}}
Know the men in our own families....

According to one of the largest studies of over 4000 child molestors:

Child Molestation Research & Prevention Institute

Which Children Do Child Molesters Target?

CHILDREN IN THE FAMILY
Biological Child 19%
Stepchild, Adopted or Foster Child 30%
Brothers & Sisters 12%
Nieces & Nephews 18%
Grandchild 5%

CHILDREN IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD
Child Left in My Care 5%
Child of Friend or Neighbor 40%

CHILDREN WHO ARE STRANGERS
Child Strangers 10%
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2011, 03:05 AM

1,081 posts, read 917,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
Letting the team play on would be an insult to the victims of Sandusky.

The NCAA should kill the football program of Penn State and the money spent on it should go to lower tuition or for academic scholarships for low income students.
This is the first post in this thread that made me laugh.
Thanks.

Old 11-15-2011, 03:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DifferentDrum View Post
Here's another one I hadn't heard about, Jehovah Witnesses:

Secrets of Pedophilia in an American Religion

Reading further, I note it says, despite all these law suits and damages paid, they have not changed their policies re informing members that there are pedophiles among them, nor encouraging reports to "secular" authorities. There is reportedly also a lot of abuse of women in this cult.
Again, according to one of the largest studies of over 4000 child molestors:

77% were married or formerly married.
93% were religious.

Kinda shocking isn't it?

Old 11-15-2011, 03:39 AM

4,160 posts, read 5,628,360 times
I believe and like I said before...this is the tip of the iceburg-I'm sure one or more of his adopted children will come out-about 50% of pedophiles molest children in the family ( since these were adopted I'm sure there's a reason for that).

Old 11-15-2011, 04:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctrain View Post
Bull.

Now let's get back to discussing this case of child molestation by a trusted, authority figure.
Not "Bull" at all according to ALL the research over the past 60 years.

Old 11-15-2011, 04:27 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,505,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Again, according to one of the largest studies of over 4000 child molestors:

77% were married or formerly married.
93% were religious.

Kinda shocking isn't it?

93% isn't at all shocking. That looks about like the country.

As far as why it's mostly men, that shouldn't be shocking either. If it is, a little observation of the world around you would do some good (not saying this is or isn't you).

Male domination is just a fact of life and it can be seen in nearly all species. As thinking human beings, we are suppose to use logic before primal urges. Everyone fights those urges such as anger, jealousy, etc.

As far as using "findings" that obscure what sex the victim is, is just plain disingenuous (and propaganda) by the "researching" party. I'd keep that in mind when you try to post "facts."

Old 11-15-2011, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreasuredJewel View Post
I will never understand the bizarre obsession that homosexuals have with minors and children.

Disgusting!
If you did a little honest research you will discover that's a malicious myth.

I find it disgusting that some people are so willfully ignorant and irresponsible about this topic.

While people like you are pointing the finger at gay men trying to vilify them, you aren't noticing who the real child abusers are. Which makes it far easier for these men to continue sexually abusing our children.

Old 11-15-2011, 04:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Uh-huh...........like the left wingers have not said "oh......pedophiles......almost all are heterosexual males" about a billion times.
I wasn't aware that all the researchers in this field over the past 60 years were "left-wingers". Highly unlikely if you googled some of the names of these researchers.

Some gay men are regressed pedophiles and sexually abuse boys. No-one is denying that.

But the facts, according to all the research, are that most boys are molested by either fixated pedophiles who have no attraction at all to adult males, or by regressed pedophiles who most often have an adult heterosexual orientation and who opportunistically molest pre-pubescent boys.

Sandusky may fit the bill for a "regressed pedophile" child molestor, not a fixated one.

Old 11-15-2011, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
I won't respond to this out of courtesy to the OP who has asked not to drive the thread off topic.

I've addressed this nonsense here:

Exposing The Propaganda About Pedophilia

You are welcomed to debate ..... but dispense with the information overload tactic ... it's an old ploy that is used by people who don't have logical arguments ... so they choose to tire everyone out until they surrender or quit.
Your nonsense has been addressed many times. You have yet to present any research from reputable sorces to support your tiresome
"misinformation" overload.

So what do you think will happen to Sandusky now?

Old 11-15-2011, 05:57 AM

11,185 posts, read 6,520,163 times
Transcript and video of Sandusky interview with Bob Costas---

Penn State Scandal: Jerry Sandusky Speaks To Bob Costas: The Transcript - SB Nation Cleveland
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies