Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2011, 04:14 PM

30,261 posts, read 23,751,941 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
I am very suspicious of this story, I highly doubt any of the seal team 6 would reveal their
identity to a gossip rag like the telegraph, or to anybody for that matter.
Triple or quadruple or whatever number we are on, exactly.

No way would a SEAL reveal themselves for a paper not worth lining the bird cage with. Anyone who thinks they would clearly does not understand the Navy SEALS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2011, 04:27 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,139,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Triple or quadruple or whatever number we are on, exactly.

No way would a SEAL reveal themselves for a paper not worth lining the bird cage with. Anyone who thinks they would clearly does not understand the Navy SEALS.
Not sure about that. No one revealed their names. And honestly, I believe this guys story over the WH version.

Does anyone really believe the US Navy SEALS took over 40 minutes on this operation?!?! No friggin way.

The bottom line is the WH didnt tell the truth. And they did a disservice to our great SEALs with such a joke of an operation that didnt happen like the WH says it did.

Say nothing if you are just going to lie about it.

Old 11-09-2011, 04:30 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,292,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Mirror mirror on the wall who is the trollingest of them all...
Is this multiple choice or fill in the blank?

Old 11-13-2011, 01:03 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,838,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
No, a troll is one who makes things up simply to be argumentative. For example, not one Seal has said what you claim. You are simply trolling. More trolling examples would be your assertion that I called the Seals liars.
Hit me with the link that says they talked to him about it. Then hit me with the link where they denied talking to him about it. Then realize that by you stating that they woudn't admit to talking about it, that you called them liars. If you can't see that you stating they lied about what they told the book writer, then you can't understand what is a lie and what is not.

So, with that in mind, how many copies of this book do you plan on buying? You sound like the person they have in mind.
Someone who can overlook facts that don't fit their own agenda, and then backtracks when they get caught in their own mistakes.
That's called trolling. You asked for links that proved him wrong - you got them. You asked for us to show where you said they said they lied. We did.

Just admit you're wrong, or just admit that nothing will satisfy you. Either way, who cares? It's just someone who made up something to sell a book to people who don't care to fact check. It's not his first book. He must be doing something right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
Not sure about that. No one revealed their names. And honestly, I believe this guys story over the WH version.

Does anyone really believe the US Navy SEALS took over 40 minutes on this operation?!?! No friggin way.

The bottom line is the WH didnt tell the truth. And they did a disservice to our great SEALs with such a joke of an operation that didnt happen like the WH says it did.

Say nothing if you are just going to lie about it.
Stars and Stripes:
http://www.stripes.com/blogs/stripes...wrong-1.160041

U.S. Special Operations Command has asked the troops whether they had been interviewed by the author. All claimed they had not, CNN reported.

Old 11-13-2011, 08:46 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,559,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
The topic of this thread is BS, I know it, You know it and so do most of the thinking people on this website. That is not making anything up, that is what this thread attempted to do.
I AM talking about the topic of this thread, it is you that doesn't like what I have to say, nothing new there. Liberal play book, hmmmmm, never seen anything of the sort. But speaking of which, I do notice that righties, such as yourself attempt as a matter of course to claim others are deflecting from the topic, trolling or if that does not work throw a few personal attacks at those that dare disagree with your latest wild accusations, so if anyone has a play book I would think that would be You.
The bolded portion, another example of you doing exactly what you accuse others of. Prime example of delfecting and, having nothing to do with the topic, trolling by you.

As for the topic being, in your words, "BS" why do you participate. Other than to spread misinformation and claim that those who disagree with your "latest wild accusations" just has to be discredited. And yes, even after you admit to using the liberal playbook, you seem to say you don't and claim anyone who disagrees with you uses a different playbook.

As for the topic, you have zero evidence that the quote is incorrect. Merely your opinion of what you want it to be.

Come back when you have some actual facts for a change.

Old 11-13-2011, 08:48 AM

36,660 posts, read 67,557,504 times
*yawns* at Seal Team 6

Shut your trap and obey your Commander in Chief. Period.

Old 11-13-2011, 08:51 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,559,463 times
[quote=ovcatto;21615091]
Quote:
Well let me back track. If you think that an order given by a superior officer directing you not to speak about an operation could ever be construed as constituting an unlawful order, either you were never served in the military or you were a complete idiot when it came to the UCMJ.
If ordered not to speak about an illegal order by a superior and you follow that order, you become compllicit. Only an idiot blindly follows what they are told to do. If you did indeed serve (doubtful from your answers) and blindly followed orders you are what we would have termed body fodder, useful only as a shield.

Last edited by CaseyB; 05-01-2012 at 09:16 AM.. Reason: off topic

Old 11-13-2011, 10:51 AM

46,964 posts, read 26,011,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
If ordered not to speak about an illegal order by a superior and you follow that order, you become compllicit.
Did anyone claim that Seal Team 6 broke OPSEC because they were given illegal orders?

Old 04-30-2012, 07:42 PM

10,834 posts, read 14,941,887 times
Default SEALs slam Obama for using them as 'ammunition' in bid to take credit for bin Laden killing during election campaign

Who do these people think they are? Obama had to cut short his golf game to make this gutsy call!

SEALs slam Obama for using them as 'ammunition' in bid to take credit for bin Laden killing during election campaign | Mail Online

Quote:
Serving and former US Navy SEALs have slammed President Barack Obama for taking the credit for killing Osama bin Laden and accused him of using Special Forces operators as ‘ammunition’ for his re-election campaign.

Old 04-30-2012, 07:48 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,497,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
Who do these people think they are? Obama had to cut short his golf game to make this gutsy call!

SEALs slam Obama for using them as 'ammunition' in bid to take credit for bin Laden killing during election campaign | Mail Online
I don't believe your "story," but if true .. I'll support their court marshal and dishonorable discharge. One thing the hate monters can't stand is that Obama has been stronger on defense than "W" Bush who send thousands of our men and women to their deaths without good reason, forethought or remorse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies