Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2011, 02:43 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
How are they costing jobs?

Aren't they creating jobs?
Where do you think the millions of dollars will come from to pay for the damages? Obviously this means other budgets will have to be cut
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2011, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
Probably the same place the money comes from for extra security for Tea Party rallies.
Do you really want to compare the cost to the taxpayers for the tea party rallies vs OWS?

Old 11-08-2011, 02:45 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,214,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Had2SaySumthin View Post
If they lived, then I'm not concerned. Bothers ya don't it?
It should bother you. Businesses closing mean fewer jobs for those who really want to work. Results in former business owners left to seek employment, increasing competition for those already looking for work. Or removing their investments from the general business pool.

Old 11-08-2011, 02:46 PM

Quote:
You must have missed the big business that caused several of my friends to lose their jobs, and then foreclosed on said friends.
Wow, big business caused your friend to lose their job while forcing them to go out and buy a home that they couldnt afford, just so they could foreclose. Give it a break.. Your postings bleed of "poor me" waaaaaa

Old 11-08-2011, 02:47 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Quote:
Nobody attacked the small business.

However I can tell you stories about a bunch of guys who blew up a WHOLE BUNCH of businesses in the name of giving those business owners "democracy" and "freedom".

You should know the story. You probably voted for the fine people who made it happen

Sorry, things happen. That's how it goes.
No I did not vote for Carter, Clinton, Obama nor did I follow his buddy Bill Ayers.

Yes, small businesses have been forced to close as a result of the OWS bad behavior. To claim otherwise is dishonest.

OWS forces cafe owner to lay off 21 staffers - NYPOST.com

Quote:
They want to change the economy, and now they have -- by putting people out of work!

Heartbroken Shamil Cepeda was one of 21 employees of a once-thriving cafe and catering business who just got fired because the weeks-long Occupy Wall Street protest chased away too many customers.

“I support their freedom of speech but the whole thing is hypocritical if it makes people lose their jobs,†a tearful Cepeda, 23, told The Post yesterday.
OWS Forces Farmers' Market Out Of Longtime Zuccotti Park Home: Gothamist

Businesswoman closes shop after threats by Occupy San Diego moochers | MRCTV

These are but a few examples.

Old 11-08-2011, 02:55 PM

1,147 posts, read 909,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofurkey View Post
It should bother you. Businesses closing mean fewer jobs for those who really want to work. Results in former business owners left to seek employment, increasing competition for those already looking for work. Or removing their investments from the general business pool.
Maybe they should go back to school and educate themselves so that they can go after one of the other jobs out there like those in energy?

It will make our country stronger.

Isn't that the line of crap you folks fed my brethren as their jobs packed up and moved to India and China?

Old 11-08-2011, 02:58 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,925,220 times
I was wondering when the small mom and pop business that support downtown business would feel the impact of the protesters. Perople with money aren't going to stay around if the movement is in the area. I think its going to get ugly out there.

Old 11-08-2011, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
I was wondering when the small mom and pop business that support downtown business would feel the impact of the protesters. Perople with money aren't going to stay around if the movement is in the area. I think its going to get ugly out there.
It's a shame, but it has to. We are going to see atrocities that rival Kent State, and damage that will rival Watts and the more recent LA riots.

Otherwise, folks will continue to do what they do, and things will never change. I don't think anyone WANTS that, but writing, voting, etc, has proven ineffective.

So when our cities are in ruins, and our kids in the hospital and in graves, look to the politicians who let our cries and concerns fall on deaf ears.

I agree. It's about to get heavy.

Old 11-08-2011, 03:24 PM

Quote:
It's a shame, but it has to. We are going to see atrocities that rival Kent State, and damage that will rival Watts and the more recent LA riots.

Otherwise, folks will continue to do what they do, and things will never change. I don't think anyone WANTS that, but writing, voting, etc, has proven ineffective.

So when our cities are in ruins, and our kids in the hospital and in graves, look to the politicians who let our cries and concerns fall on deaf ears.

I agree. It's about to get heavy.
Attitudes like this is EXACTLY why OWS will and needs to fail. You think things will get violent, and its the fault of politicians that kids will go tot he hospital and graves?

I wont EVER support such a moment. I like the USA and think those who are calling for such actions and changes are traitors!

Old 11-08-2011, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Attitudes like this is EXACTLY why OWS will and needs to fail. You think things will get violent, and its the fault of politicians that kids will go tot he hospital and graves?

I wont EVER support such a moment. I like the USA and think those who are calling for such actions and changes are traitors!
Good. Call me a traitor. Because in a sense I guess I am.

I am a traitor to what the United States has become.

...but I am a patriot to what it used to be.

It's a pity you can't tell the difference, and wouldn't so much as inconvenience yourself to get it back if you could.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies