Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2011, 01:22 PM

4,428 posts, read 4,492,116 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Listening to 3 hours of Rush or Hannity will do the trick...trust me.

Or, you can actually listen to a Conservative that you personally know for about 10 minutes and you'll be so repulsed that you can't end up being anything else if you're a reasonable person.

Ha Ha Ha,

That's pretty good desertdetroiter.

I flipped over to MSNBC the other day just to see what you guys are saying these days.

I almost puked after 5 minutes of Rachel Maddow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2011, 01:26 PM

6,032 posts, read 9,233,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thePR View Post
Oh, you know, it's just a trend. Caring about people, the environment, and not only wanting things for personal gain. It will wear out with some and they'll become Republicans.
Caring about the Environment is another code word for taxing the productive to enrich the liberal 1% (AL GORE and Co).......

You support the environmental changes and taxes, while Al Gore profits, gets government free subsidies, creates nothing, and lives like a GOD.

Old 11-17-2011, 03:22 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,303,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
Ha Ha Ha,

That's pretty good desertdetroiter.

I flipped over to MSNBC the other day just to see what you guys are saying these days.

I almost puked after 5 minutes of Rachel Maddow.
LMAO...if i were a hardcore conservative, Maddow would make me puke after 5 seconds.

But for me personally, my heart goes pitter patter at the sound of her mellifluous voice and truthful words!

Old 11-17-2011, 03:57 PM

5,252 posts, read 4,699,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shpanda View Post
Naivety?

Most think being a liberal is being "enlightened" when they spew out hatred to those who oppose their opinions all the time. Being blunt, they think just because they support gay marriage, call everyone who dislikes someone of another race for any reason a racist, etc., they are somehow more socially evolved than conservatives.

So then they like to be hypocritical by saying they "accept everyone for their differences and what they like to do", and then bash conservatives, religious Christians, overweight people, want to ban smoking everywhere, etc.

And I won't even get started on their economical views. But, I think naivety is the best word I can use for most liberals I've encountered.

This is all also in my opinion, and clearly I haven't met every single liberal to have an opinion on each one.
Nobody fits the common media definition of either of the two political factions that seem to be getting unfairly labeled as conservative or liberal. What is odd is the fact that so many seem to be alright with these labels when discussing US politics. Read history, the two parties in US politics are doing a dis-service to all.

Old 11-17-2011, 04:16 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,217,463 times
Quote:
Since Liberals espouse more regulations on humans everyday ... how much more freedom do they want?

If Liberals want more freedom, why don't they get their fingers out of everybody's life?

What drives someone to BECOME a liberal?
Independent thinking...That's when people voice opinions and can explain them without slandering their opponents with labels.
Questioning authority...instead of believing everything, question things and demand substantial answers. Reject cover-ups and deflections.

Old 11-17-2011, 04:31 PM

4,027 posts, read 7,304,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
Caring about the Environment is another code word for taxing the productive to enrich the liberal 1% (AL GORE and Co).......

You support the environmental changes and taxes, while Al Gore profits, gets government free subsidies, creates nothing, and lives like a GOD.
Are you done now?

Old 11-17-2011, 04:32 PM

37,324 posts, read 19,312,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKAN View Post
Great thread.

In regard to young people in particular, politics have become much like pop culture and being liberal has become trendy. We all know how persuasive and adamant liberals are and that has become a form of peer pressure bestowed upon young people. Many young folks have become liberal, or political at all, as a social catalyst, a way to fit in, and as a sense of identity.
Or, it could be that they have become liberal as a result of observing the conservatives drive the country to the brink of bankruptcy while trying to curtail humanitarian and civil rights.

These kids coming out of college with no prospects of employment, heavy student loan debt, and no way to afford to move out of their parents houses have more of a clue than you know about why they have no jobs. The republicans are just beginning to feel the wrath of a constituency scorned.

Old 11-17-2011, 04:37 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,979,651 times
Quote:
Since Liberals espouse more regulations on humans everyday ... how much more freedom do they want?

If Liberals want more freedom, why don't they get their fingers out of everybody's life?

What drives someone to BECOME a liberal?
Naivety driven by lack of emotional maturity.

Old 11-17-2011, 04:40 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,115,711 times
Courage.

Old 11-17-2011, 04:46 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,417,224 times
Generally a high level of education. People with Advanced Degrees are far more likely to be liberal then those without said degrees.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies