Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2011, 09:34 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,822,592 times

Advertisements

Gives a whole new perspective to shooting from the hip.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2011, 09:58 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,347,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
I am not buying the story that he was fastening or unfastening his seat-beat and accidentally pulled the trigger. The two mechanisms feel nothing alike. It would also depend on whether he was in the driver's seat or in the passenger's seat, and which hand he was.

I would be willing to bet that he was deliberately playing with his Glock and it accidentally went off. It takes a couple pounds of force to pull a trigger when the hammer has not been cocked already.

Considering it was .40 caliber Glock, I am not in the least bit surprised it took out his femoral artery. It probably blew off half his leg.

Hey now....look at you pretending to be in the know. Please explain where the hammer is on this Glock and let us all know how you'd co** it back before firing. Thanks in advance.

Old 11-15-2011, 10:03 AM

I recently switched to a carry gun with an external user controlled safety for this reason. People in the gun person circles make fun of me for doing so but even the best highly trained individuals do have accidents from time to time.....

Old 11-15-2011, 10:04 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,115,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Really? Can't say I'm surprised per se, but it does strike me as a bit, I dunno - tactical.
It does you no good to have a gun on your person if it's not ready to use at a moment's notice. A safety can be switched nearly instantaneously, while the gun is being pulled from its holster. You can't chamber a round without using both hands or without it taking long enough to render the gun useless in most situations where you'll need it.

If you're not going to carry with a round chambered, then you're probably better off not carrying at all.

Old 11-15-2011, 10:08 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,558,348 times
Shows you that even stupid people can openly carry firearms. Luckily he just shot himself and not an innocent bystander.

Old 11-15-2011, 10:09 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,115,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
That's just why when I carry my Glock I don't keep a round chambered.
Then why carry at all?

Quote:
You only need to have one in the chamber if you're about to go into action or you're on duty...
The whole point of carrying is that you never know when you're "about to go into action." If you knew the situation was coming, you'd avoid it.

The amount of time it takes you to rack the slide is the amount of time that the Bad Guy has to put a bullet in you or stick a knife in your gut.

"Hang on a second, I need to chamber a round so I can protect myself - don't kill me while I do that, k?"

Old 11-15-2011, 10:20 AM

4,127 posts, read 5,068,024 times
This just goes to prove what I've said for years. Handguns are dangerous! Long guns are safer, more accurate, and give you more bang for your buck by not wasting so much powder trying to get a decent velocity out of some sissy little barrel.

"A handgun is only for fighting my way back to the rifle I shouldn't have put down in the first place.".......Chuck Hawks (I think)

But seriously folks....
While on the one hand I firmly believe in the 2nd amendment, every time I go to the range and see the stupid human tricks, and bullet holes on the ceilings and covers, and looking down the line and also looking down some yahoo's muzzle every single freaking trip to the range, I really have to wonder.

Old 11-15-2011, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Ryder View Post
This just goes to prove what I've said for years. Handguns are dangerous! Long guns are safer, more accurate, and give you more bang for your buck by not wasting so much powder trying to get a decent velocity out of some sissy little barrel.

"A handgun is only for fighting my way back to the rifle I shouldn't have put down in the first place.".......Chuck Hawks (I think)

But seriously folks....
While on the one hand I firmly believe in the 2nd amendment, every time I go to the range and see the stupid human tricks, and bullet holes on the ceilings and covers, and looking down the line and also looking down some yahoo's muzzle every single freaking trip to the range, I really have to wonder.

Joe, I personally find rifles and shotguns difficult to carry and conceal in public.

YMMV.........

Old 11-15-2011, 10:23 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
I am not buying the story that he was fastening or unfastening his seat-beat and accidentally pulled the trigger. The two mechanisms feel nothing alike. It would also depend on whether he was in the driver's seat or in the passenger's seat, and which hand he was.

I would be willing to bet that he was deliberately playing with his Glock and it accidentally went off. It takes a couple pounds of force to pull a trigger when the hammer has not been cocked already.

Considering it was .40 caliber Glock, I am not in the least bit surprised it took out his femoral artery. It probably blew off half his leg.
You don't have to "buy" anything. It is obvious you know very little about the holster issue I mentioned nor the mechanics of the firearm model discussed. The remainder of your remark sensationalist at best. So, your uninformed opinion really has no bearing on the matter, with all due respect of course.

Old 11-15-2011, 10:30 AM

39,874 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Quote:
I have both a Glock 40 & a 1911. I can say hands down the Glock out performs any 1911 on the market.
See, I told you it was controversial!

Put down that plastic sissy pistol and get yourself a 1911! (and before anyone jumps down my throat, it's a frickin' joke, paraphrasing (and correcting) Tommy Lee Jones).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies