Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 02:51 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,991,168 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
To many Americans they aren't able to look at portions of our nation's past without making it a conversation about race. Those are the same idiots who hear the statement "I want to take my country back" and automatically think to themselves "yeah, back to 1950 where you beat black people, hit them with fire hoses and let dogs attack them". Sane people hear "I want to take my country back" and they think "take my country back to a time when people had a solid work ethic, children were safe playing outside alone and people lived more within their means.".

Two thumbs up Backspace!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2011, 02:51 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,773,129 times
Quote:
Personal debt nationwide continues to rise, I'm not sure who these magical people you're talking about who are all paying off their debt but they don't represent most of the people in this country. Crime rates a much higher now than in the 1950s, remember we're not talking about taking our country back to the 90s so stop with that BS. People are working harder for less money now than in the 50s, people are losing benefits compared to the 50s and people have less job security compared to the 50s due to jobs going overseas.
Most Americans Believe Crime in U.S. Is Worsening

http://www.thesunnews.com/2011/11/07/2486393/consumer-borrowing-up-but-credit.html (broken link)

Old 11-16-2011, 05:02 PM

3,531 posts, read 3,734,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bily Lovec View Post
I think the unwashed hippies should be tazed, if that doesnt get their attention, sic the dogs on um
"Don't tase 'em bro!"

Old 11-16-2011, 05:18 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,853,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Most Americans Believe Crime in U.S. Is Worsening

Consumer borrowing up, but credit card use falls - Business - Wire - TheSunNews.com (http://www.thesunnews.com/2011/11/07/2486393/consumer-borrowing-up-but-credit.html - broken link)
1990 /= 1950 and credit card usage /= family debt

Please pay attention, PLEASE.

Old 11-16-2011, 05:27 PM

4,921 posts, read 7,691,766 times
11/16/11-Nightly News-Showed a photo of an 84 year old woman saturated with pepper spray by police. The police look like the ones who are out of control. While I still believe we have some good police I know their ranks are loaded with psycho's and sociopaths. These protests give them the opportunity to act out. A few weeks ago the police fractured and marine vet's head at one of these protests. How proud they must be when the go home and tell their wives and children how they beat down Americans, old ladies and war vets, exercising their constitutional rights.
America now looks more like an industrial militarized police state than a free country. It is sad when we consider how many have fought and died for freedom only to see freedom brutalized by what appears to be the ghosts of nazi storm troopers.

Old 11-16-2011, 05:27 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Being a black man in America in 2011 also beats being a black man in Africa in 2011, there are always worse places to be.
Uh hum....was i complaining? And for the record, being a white man here must be better than being a white man wherever your ancestors came from....otherwise, you wouldn't be here either. That cuts both ways...not just for black people.

Old 11-16-2011, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Uh hum....was i complaining? And for the record, being a white man here must be better than being a white man wherever your ancestors came from....otherwise, you wouldn't be here either. That cuts both ways...not just for black people.
I didn't say you were complaining and I'm not complaining either although my ancestors didn't come here because it was better, they came here because they were forced to come here.

Old 11-16-2011, 05:31 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
To many Americans they aren't able to look at portions of our nation's past without making it a conversation about race. Those are the same idiots who hear the statement "I want to take my country back" and automatically think to themselves "yeah, back to 1950 where you beat black people, hit them with fire hoses and let dogs attack them". Sane people hear "I want to take my country back" and they think "take my country back to a time when people had a solid work ethic, children were safe playing outside alone and people lived more within their means.".
Nonsense through and through.

If you don't have your so called "God given rights," then NO PORTION of the nation is worth a sh*t.

Just because you think the past was glorious sure as hell doesn't make it so for everybody who lived through it. Lemme take half of your rights away and see how much you like it.

Old 11-16-2011, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Nonsense through and through.

If you don't have your so called "God given rights," then NO PORTION of the nation is worth a sh*t.

Just because you think the past was glorious sure as hell doesn't make it so for everybody who lived through it. Lemme take half of your rights away and see how much you like it.
You've NEVER lived during a time in this country when you didn't have the exact same rights as everyone else regardless of skin color, you have NEVER been a slave to anything but your own ignorance and you've never been owned by anyone so don't give me that line of BS. You've always had your God given rights and even in the worst possible times in our country's history there have always been portions that were worth a ****. I don't think the past is glorious, I think a lot of the people in the past were better than a lot of people of today when it comes to work ethic, honesty, living within their means and not living in a constant state of envy and greed. Saying that "I want to take my country back" to me means that I want to take it back from people who have twisted and corrupted the values and principles that it was founded on. You read that and instantly think I want to own a slave and start a cotton farm but you couldn't be farther from the truth. I want to take my country back from people who who have been raised with an entitlement mentality, something we didn't see in the 1950s. People in the 1950s didn't expect the gov. to subsidize their entire lives like we see today.

Old 11-17-2011, 08:46 AM

2,593 posts, read 4,239,718 times
Quote:
Most of the people who make comments about "3rd world countries" have never been any closer to a 3rd world country than their keyboard and laptop screen. I live in the United States of America, this couldn't be farther from a 3rd world country.
I've been to a few of the poorest 3rd world countries doing relief work (Liberia & Bangladesh). Sure, we're better off than they are, but for how long? No jobs or opportunities, and a rapidly shrinking middle class will get us to 3rd world status, it's just a matter of time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies