Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2011, 06:21 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,138,894 times

Advertisements

Except in reality it's only 19 possible voter fraud cases. Whoops.

Secretary of State releases voter fraud cases - YouTube

Another Republican canard designed to anger the low-information masses and justify their real campaign for voter suppression.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2011, 06:36 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,853,660 times
So they have proof that 100+ non-US citizens have not only registered but actually VOTED in our elections and Democrats want to say it's a non issue while the same Democrats insist that we need to eliminate electronic voting machines because they're riddled with fraud and potential hacking...

These are also the same Democrats who fight against ANY measure brought up that would make it easier to stop non-citizens from voting because according to them it NEVER happens.

Old 11-18-2011, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
So they have proof that 100+ non-US citizens have not only registered but actually VOTED in our elections and Democrats want to say it's a non issue while the same Democrats insist that we need to eliminate electronic voting machines because they're riddled with fraud and potential hacking...

These are also the same Democrats who fight against ANY measure brought up that would make it easier to stop non-citizens from voting because according to them it NEVER happens.
That's not what it said... You also left out the fact that the 100 possible non-citizen voting incidents took place over 10 years--- So that's what? 10 a year. Let's see what that is as a percentage of voting population of New Mexico, shall we?

10/819,030 = 0.000012

Wow. So you are more worried about a voter fraud percentage of 0.000012 instead of the disenfranchisement of thousands and thousands of voters? Shame on you.

Old 11-18-2011, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
That's not what it said... You also left out the fact that the 100 possible non-citizen voting incidents took place over 10 years--- So that's what? 10 a year. Let's see what that is as a percentage of voting population of New Mexico, shall we?

10/819,030 = 0.000012

Wow. So you are more worried about a voter fraud percentage of 0.000012 instead of the disenfranchisement of thousands and thousands of voters? Shame on you.
I'm more worried about proven voter fraud cases, no matter how many than I am I worried about fictional claims of voter disenfranchisement that I believe to be BS. Every single bit of legislation that I've seen talked about for voter IDs includes provisions for people who can't afford them... Democrats STILL claim that requiring voter IDs disenfranchises voters, their voters of course.

Old 11-18-2011, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
I'm more worried about proven voter fraud cases, no matter how many than I am I worried about fictional claims of voter disenfranchisement that I believe to be BS. Every single bit of legislation that I've seen talked about for voter IDs includes provisions for people who can't afford them... Democrats STILL claim that requiring voter IDs disenfranchises voters, their voters of course.
ID laws are only a small part of the issue-- actually one I have no problem with. Check out these cases of ACTIVE voter suppression:

Voter Suppression Incidents 2008 | Brennan Center for Justice

Please provide some links to mass cases of voter fraud that have been proven... Even these cases in NM are "possibles." Remember we're talking about voter fraud, not mistaken or even problematic registration.

This whole canard is about preventing the poor, ex-offenders and other small groups who predominantly vote Democrat from voting...

Old 11-18-2011, 07:06 PM

4,135 posts, read 10,817,172 times
I have absolutely no problem with showing up with my passport, my enhanced license (more of a pain than getting the passport: also had to prove you address so you really lived in the state!), my birth cert, my marriage license ( women changed names when I got married) AND the voter registration card for my address to show my district in the event yo need to prove citizenship... however, I am a citizen and I don't need to do that.

OTOH, I have a problem to someone who needs a ballot in a foreign language and has no ID at all.

Sorry, no matter where you are, there will be fraud. NO FRAUD (or goons outside polls) should be tolerated anywhere in the country

Old 11-18-2011, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
ID laws are only a small part of the issue-- actually one I have no problem with. Check out these cases of ACTIVE voter suppression:

Voter Suppression Incidents 2008 | Brennan Center for Justice

Please provide some links to mass cases of voter fraud that have been proven... Even these cases in NM are "possibles." Remember we're talking about voter fraud, not mistaken or even problematic registration.

This whole canard is about preventing the poor, ex-offenders and other small groups who predominantly vote Democrat from voting...
Are you serious? Democrats openly defend the Black Panthers when they had their goons out in front of a polling place with weapons and you want to talk about voter suppression in the 2008 election? Trying to stop people who have incorrect voter registration data on file from voting isn't suppression, it's following the rules. Since we have documented cases of voters voting multiple times in the same election it seems like a good idea to me.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies