Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2011, 05:05 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,456,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
I agree. Did he retire or something?....HLN channel is seriously disgusting- Dr Drew Pinsky is now news? lol. celebrity trash= way to dumb down Americans.
He's on Fox Business.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2011, 09:32 AM

14,492 posts, read 26,589,981 times
ok. At least he's still on- actually a friend of mine had asked me to watch that channel, not sure where it is on satellite....

I'm surprised more people dont miss Reagan, compared to the shenanigans we have going on now.

Old 11-23-2011, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Things started changing around 1988. That is when the vitriol started to take shape. Rush Limbaugh started broadcasting nationally and the right wing hate started to permeate the radio airwaves providing an outlet for some of the more base elements of the Republican Party.

The fact is that there are many Republicans who do not have time to sit around listening to people like Limbaugh, beck and the other talking heads. But there is a pocket of Republicans who latched on to this hate radio that gave crude hate a more palatable translation.

The extreme part of the Republican party are the most vocal, but there are still many rational Reagan Republicans out there, but they are not being heard.
Actually in 2008 Eisenhower's grand-daughter (I dont have time to look up at the moment) had been interviewed on CNN and she noted that the GOP was not the face of something even SHE would approve of.... she noted the histrionics and stunts of todays GOP as shameless...

Old 11-23-2011, 12:44 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,456,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
ok. At least he's still on- actually a friend of mine had asked me to watch that channel, not sure where it is on satellite....

I'm surprised more people dont miss Reagan, compared to the shenanigans we have going on now.
It's almost always one channel up or down from Fox News.

Old 12-05-2011, 11:08 AM

Less than a year till election time and GOP is still not sure who's their candidate? We all know Bachmann wont be. Cain's out. So will it be another (as eloquently stated by another poster )"whack -a -mole" campaign with Romney eventually enduring?

Since its all about who has most money to campaign, its just a matter of elimination.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies