Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2011, 03:28 PM

20,186 posts, read 23,908,903 times

Advertisements

I am doing the same thing... starting a new business, ask another business to send their employees to work here and I pay the company some money... I could hire people, but not until is out of office... the employees are already employed by the company, the company is merely shifting their employees to us and not hiring anyone new... net gain of jobs? zero... there was never going to be a loss of jobs either but I am not hiring until Obama is gone... Patriotism is towards country, not the president... I won't support a deadbeat president...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

386 posts, read 233,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
So his business is so fickle that it is determinant on who is the President.
The economy is in a shambles due to 3 people.

Pelosi, Reid and the Potemkin Village Idiot Obama.

56,988 posts, read 35,299,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lahaina Lopaka View Post
I just contacted the management agent for the warehouse we rent, turning down another recently-vacated unit, even month-to-month. I can't expand with Obama driving a stake into the economy, and a wedge into the country

My business has been Obama'd hard. Each year, I lose about $60K in sales. Pre-Potemkin Village Idiot Obama, I had a 24% annual rate of growth. There are so many available warehouses and office suites etc., for rent these days, and the prices are very, very low.

In the industry I am in, so many shops have closed their doors, many probably for good.

It is really bad out there, which I am convinced is what Potemkin Village Idiot Obama wants.
You can only shake your head at this type of stupidity.

So you're such a horrible businessman, and work with such a pathetic business model, that your business isn't resilient enough to work through whatever person happens to be the chief executive?

Uh...that's not YOUR fault?

Old 11-23-2011, 03:29 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,581,290 times
Quote:
I just contacted the management agent for the warehouse we rent, turning down another recently-vacated unit, even month-to-month. I can't expand with Obama driving a stake into the economy, and a wedge into the country

My business has been Obama'd hard. Each year, I lose about $60K in sales. Pre-Potemkin Village Idiot Obama, I had a 24% annual rate of growth. There are so many available warehouses and office suites etc., for rent these days, and the prices are very, very low.

In the industry I am in, so many shops have closed their doors, many probably for good.

It is really bad out there, which I am convinced is what Potemkin Village Idiot Obama wants.
The problem is not President Obama, its the fact that you have not learned to adapt and evolve in a dynamic business environment. My business has been doing great. I have made more money this year than I did last year.

I am so tired of the "victim" mentality of the Obama haters. Take responsibility for your own business shortcomings.

Old 11-23-2011, 03:30 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,537,128 times
They are WISE! Under BO a company with wisdom can't make any major changes, but just "hunker down" to survive.

BO and his nutty CZARS "shoot from the hip" worse than any leaders, ever. A business owner/manager can't

make decisions under this type of leadership. This is an intentionally confusing and chaotic time. BO hates Capitalism and he knows what he is doing is creating maximum confusion and lack of confidence which creates an impossible climate for business. Businesses plan months in advance. They can't do this, now.

Old 11-23-2011, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
I am doing the same thing... starting a new business, ask another business to send their employees to work here and I pay the company some money... I could hire people, but not until is out of office... the employees are already employed by the company, the company is merely shifting their employees to us and not hiring anyone new... net gain of jobs? zero... there was never going to be a loss of jobs either but I am not hiring until Obama is gone... Patriotism is towards country, not the president... I won't support a deadbeat president...
So....lemme get this straight:

You have a chance to expand your business RIGHT NOW....but you're not gonna take this opportunity until January of 2013 because it's imcumbent upon you to wait for Obama to leave?

I just have to ask some of you this question: Do you REALLY expect a clear thinking person with half a brain to believe that you're really a business owner?

Old 11-23-2011, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Well, this is what right wingers mean when they say they love their country (just ignore the political games). Patriots, they call themselves!
It's called survival. Go start a business and see what it is like. Drive around in any business-zoned area and look at the number of Warehouse or Office Space Available signs you see.

I dare you to, but I know you won't because you will see the truth sans filter.

Happy Thanksgiving, Scrapes.

Old 11-23-2011, 03:33 PM

Quote:
The economy is in a shambles due to 3 people.

Pelosi, Reid and the Potemkin Village Idiot Obama.
Pelosi and Reid aren't going anywhere for a while. So i guess that after Obama leaves, your company will only reach 1/3rd of its real potential, huh?

This is getting comical.

Old 11-23-2011, 03:34 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,802,071 times
Counting the election next year is about one year from now and when he gets re elected thats 4 more years isnt it? I thought 4 + 1 equals five. I see companies hiring all over my little state I guess their still making money even with Obama as president. I didn't vote for him and won't vote for him next year either.

Old 11-23-2011, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
So....lemme get this straight:

You have a chance to expand your business RIGHT NOW....but you're not gonna take this opportunity until January of 2013 because it's imcumbent upon you to wait for Obama to leave?

I just have to ask some of you this question: Do you REALLY expect a clear thinking person with half a brain to believe that you're really a business owner?
Where did you leave the other half of your brain - you might need it someday!!??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies