Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2011, 03:42 PM

386 posts, read 233,078 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Ahhh, the sad smell of defeatism and victimhood
Try bathing, and your smell will go away - but use soap.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2011, 03:43 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,786,670 times
What a pathetic approach. Either a flat out lie, or some sort of lame attempt at extortion on the side of the business community. Frankly, this is the model of the GOP congress right now. Don't do a damn thing, because you might be able to make Obama look bad and gain advantage. The country be damned.

I think this approach is a turd sandwich, but by all means serve up a whole buffet, and see who does not come to dinner.

Last edited by Fiddlehead; 11-23-2011 at 04:22 PM..

Old 11-23-2011, 03:43 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,487,032 times
Please delete - did not notice another thread with same topic had already been started...

Old 11-23-2011, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Oh yea...because none of us Liberal Progressives need jobs since we all have money trees in our backyards.

We want businesses to fail so that it increases Obama's chance of losing the election.

Yea, makes perfect sense.

Again, you own a business like i own a Ferrari.
No fool like a fool so foolish he cannot see. Once again you have convinced me just how pathetic liberalism and its adherents are. Thanks for he confirmation.

Old 11-23-2011, 03:44 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,487,032 times
I suspect a lot of companies feel the same way...

Old 11-23-2011, 03:45 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,282,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lahaina Lopaka View Post
My business is making money, thank you very much. You speak as if you know what you speak of, but I doubt it. Many business in my industry are gone - closed. I rented a 2,500 SF warehouse about 4 months ago, and it is working out, but my business is shrinking.

It is obvious that you are so interested in name calling, that you didn't read what I said. I said I have gone from a 25% annual rate of growth, to a yearly shrinkage of about $60,000. Now that is not hurting me, per se, but the numbers are smaller. So, contrary to your childish remarks, I am working through it.

But thanks for putting on display what you really are, and really are NOT. Liberals always seem to show their true colors, given the opportunity, and I thank you for it.
Excuse me, but you're a small businessperson, and you've already claimed to have lost 180k in business.

And now you say that it isn't hurting you? What small businessman can lose that kind of business and NOT be hurting?

You've stated your reason for not hiring in the above post...your business is shrinking...not because of Obama. You should stop there because that's the last plausible thing you've said.

Old 11-23-2011, 03:46 PM

Quote:
The problem is not President Obama, its the fact that you have not learned to adapt and evolve in a dynamic business environment. My business has been doing great. I have made more money this year than I did last year.

I am so tired of the "victim" mentality of the Obama haters. Take responsibility for your own business shortcomings.
You went from squeezing your own lemons to using pre-made mix? Good move!!!!

Old 11-23-2011, 03:46 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,472,720 times
Quote:
Wow, how patriotic

A company's decision whether or not to hire should not be based on who sits in the White House. That is stupidity in its lowest form.
It makes sense. They can't hire because of Obama, they might as well wait til the man is gone, and the economy gets back on it's feet. Why is that stupid?

Old 11-23-2011, 03:47 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,572,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lahaina Lopaka View Post
Try bathing, and your smell will go away - but use soap.
(yawn)

Must be hard looking at the sea of red on your balance sheets while waiting for a corporate welfare handout from the GOP.

Old 11-23-2011, 03:47 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,521,785 times
We're expanding. Buy low, sell high. No worries, Obama will be gone in a year and if not we'll just keep buying and growing while Obama's policies continue to make people nervous and land and materials cheap.

If things start picking up we'll not be able to grow as fast but we can get rid of properties high and then just wait till the next economic downturn and buy again.

Obama is hendering economic growth with his command economy policies. I don't see why we should be self delusional because of that. We'll make money either way and no matter what the composition of congress or the presidency is. We'll get plenty of notice if congress and the president go confiscatory.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies