Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2011, 05:30 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Let's just say that your history on this forum indicates that General Sherman is sitting on your shoulder...
.....and your history indicates that you don't know what the hell you're talking about.

Again, wanna be black in the 20's? Answer the question or stop wasting my time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2011, 05:33 PM

3,498 posts, read 2,218,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
.....and your history indicates that you don't know what the hell you're talking about.

Can't argue with you there.

Old 11-23-2011, 05:37 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,111,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post

Nobody's forcing you to read, much less reply to, my posts. If you feel that your time is being wasted, you have only yourself to blame.

Gotta love the "you don't know what the hell you're talking about" line, though. Why so defensive? I know what I'm talking about because I've read your posts on this forum and I'm capable of forming an opinion about you based on what you've written.

You're not the worst when it comes to that, though. There's one other guy that's much, much more "chipper" than you.

Old 11-23-2011, 05:37 PM

8,263 posts, read 12,198,208 times
Prohibition = no thanks.

Old 11-23-2011, 05:39 PM

7,492 posts, read 11,829,224 times
I'd personally say the 50s but only because of the music from those days.

Old 11-23-2011, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Gotta love the "you don't know what the hell you're talking about" line, though. Why so defensive?
You insult the guy and then you play innocent. gotta love that technique, bait someone into a fight and act like an angel afterwards. Firestarting is what some call it, or trolling. What's even more amazing is that you accuse others of having a chip on their shoulder, yet you make posts like this. I love internet tough guys, grrrrrrrrr

Quote:
The next person that knocks on our door soliciting anything - money, our opinion, our eternal soul - is going to catch a MAJOR ration of s**t. I've had it with these clowns.

Old 11-23-2011, 05:48 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,029,439 times
I liked the 50's 16 cents a gal for gas, nice used t bird for 50 bucks,get a job anywhere, Mom could stay home and raise you,could fight in school without going to jail,25 cent smokes,could crack jokes without the pc police showing up, kept private things private instead of having parades for it,and welfare was for those it was intended for the widows of WW2 not the lazy breeders we have today

Old 11-23-2011, 05:49 PM

393 posts, read 652,429 times
Personally I would prefer the 50's. It was a bit more conservative and Rock and Roll was just getting started. You could leave your doors open at night almost anywhere you lived at the time. Society was relatively stable and you could actually learn something in school and if you were not able to pass your grade you were allowed to FAIL. Americans still had a good work ethic and did not have a mentality that we were "owed" anything. Yes I would take the 50's for many reasons. The 20's would have been cool too but I need my Air Conditioning!

Old 11-23-2011, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sman View Post
The 1950s. I like the clothes, family centered society and the "conservatism" of that time period.

. The 1950s economic growth was mostly among the middle class and among lower class families. So the gap between the rich and the poor was at its minimal. .
The tax rate for the 1% was 85%. Sounds like a conservative nightmare if you ask me.

Old 11-23-2011, 05:51 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Nobody's forcing you to read, much less reply to, my posts. If you feel that your time is being wasted, you have only yourself to blame.

Gotta love the "you don't know what the hell you're talking about" line, though. Why so defensive? I know what I'm talking about because I've read your posts on this forum and I'm capable of forming an opinion about you based on what you've written.

You're not the worst when it comes to that, though. There's one other guy that's much, much more "chipper" than you.
Telling.

You won't answer the question because the answer doesn't comport with what you wish the answer was.

Even you aren't stupid enough to say that being a black man in the 20's in America was a place you'd wanna be.....even you can't bring yourself to say that although you wish you could to make a counterpoint.

So i have my answer. Don't know why you couldn't just say "no" and be done with it 2 pages ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies