Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2011, 10:50 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,727,877 times

Advertisements

Now I've read all the posts here...man, you lefties never let up, do you?

You were the ones who were all "offended" because of the word, "Christmas" and demand that we change it to "HOLIDAY tree" and get all kinds of worked up if someone says, "Merry Christmas!" and don't want any Christmas pageants/plays or recitals in schools because you just cannot let others live how they want to live.

You are ALSO free to accept and let others do as they want, not how YOU want.

When I was in school, we had a kid who was Jehovas Witness. Instead of his parents throwing a tantrum and demanding that everything be changed to suit their lifestyle, the kid just never stood up and said the Pledge, he didn't partake in the parties for holidays, and guess what? NO ONE had an issue with it, not even the kid! His family told the school that their children would not do these things and the school accepted it. We all accepted it. But you lefties cannot accept anything that isn't exactly YOUR way.

And then, my favorite part, which you lefties do a lot, is you go and blame everyone else for what you started, when you get called out on it.

It's like a child in the playground who goes around stirring up sh*t and then when other kids stand up to him, that child runs and tells the teacher that the other kids are being mean to him.

I cannot STAND WHINY CHILDREN like that.

You don't like Christmas, that is fine. Don't celebrate it, don't take the days off from school, don't take the paid pay or double time pay on that day, don't go shopping and get all those good deals...stay at home and write on CD about how so much better you are than anyone else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2011, 10:54 AM

2,953 posts, read 5,294,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Now I've read all the posts here...man, you lefties never let up, do you?

You were the ones who were all "offended" because of the word, "Christmas" and demand that we change it to "HOLIDAY tree" and get all kinds of worked up if someone says, "Merry Christmas!" and don't want any Christmas pageants/plays or recitals in schools because you just cannot let others live how they want to live.
What's a holiday tree? In my city, all the Christmas Tree lots still have signs saying Christmas Trees for sale.

Old 11-25-2011, 10:58 AM

9,341 posts, read 29,678,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I was surprised when my daughter was in high school that her concert band and chorus played and sang some Christmas songs at their holiday concerts. They also included Chanukah music and usually something from a completely different tradition--African or Asian Indian songs, for example. However, some of the Christmas music was clearly Christian and not just commerical Santa Claus-type stuff.
There are many places in the U.S. where the annual Christmas Concert is only Christmas religious music, much more applicable for a church than a gov't school.

And, I've yet to find a gov't school that has a Rosh ha Shannah Concert in the Fall.

By the way, was the Chanukah music that was included real Chanukah Music or Yinglish Chanukah music?

Or, in other words, did they play the Yinglish "The Dreidel Song" or did they play "Ma'oz Tzur", the original "Rock of Ages", that recounts the many times G-d saved the Jewish people.

To hear the Ma'oz Tzur melody, please go to:
http://www.jewfaq.org/sound/maoztzur.mid

The transliteration (Hebrew written in English):

Ma'oz tzur yeshua-si
Lecha na-eh li-sha-beyach
Tikone bais ti-fee-lasi
Vi-sham todah ni-za-beyach.

Li-ase ta-chin mat-beyach
Mee-tzar ham-na-beyach
Az eg-more vi-sheer meez-mor
Chanukas ha-meez-beyach
Az eg-more vi-sheer meez-mor
Chanukas ha-meez-beyach.

A less than literal, but singable translation:

Rock of ages, let our song
Praise your saving power
You amid the raging foes
Were our sheltering tower

Furious they assailed us
But your arm availed us
And your word
Broke their sword
When our own strength failed us
And your word
Broke their sword
When our own strength failed us.

Children of the wanderers
Whether free or fettered
Wake the echoes of the songs
Where you may be scattered
Yours the message cheering
That the time is nearing
Which will see all men free
Tyrants disappearing
Which will see all men free
Tyrants disappearing.

Furious they assailed us
But your arm availed us
And your word
Broke their sword
When our own strength failed us
And your word
Broke their sword
When our own strength failed us.

Old 11-25-2011, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
When I was in school band, we learned the christmas songs so that we could play them for nursing homes in the area.
Seems more like something a Church group, not a gov't school group, should be doing.

Old 11-25-2011, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
You are ALSO free to accept and let others do as they want, not how YOU want.
Even if it violates the Constitution?

Old 11-25-2011, 11:10 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,945,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
So, obviously, the Jews are NOT warring against Christmas.

The End.
Not all Jews, obviously.

Old 11-25-2011, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWhopper View Post
What's a holiday tree? In my city, all the Christmas Tree lots still have signs saying Christmas Trees for sale.
In fact, the industry council for Christmas tree growers and sellers is still called The National Christmas Tree Association. Its not the National Holiday Tree association.

National Christmas Tree Association: Home Page

Old 11-25-2011, 02:10 PM

And the first salvo in the War on Christmas (WOC) has begun!!!

Glazer:

Old 11-25-2011, 02:18 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,182,695 times

Merry War On Christmas! - YouTube

Old 11-25-2011, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWhopper View Post
And the first salvo in the War on Christmas (WOC) has begun!!!

Glazer:
Why is the gov't promoting any industry?

Most likely, The National Christmas Tree Association could do this better, and cheaper, than any gov't agency.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies