Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2011, 04:29 PM

3,064 posts, read 2,639,791 times

Advertisements

The police are shown politely giving individual warnings of what was to come if the protesters did not move as commanded. What else were the police supposed to do? The protesters would not let the officers leave. They defied the orders which were within the law.

Protesters should be allowed to protest; but not block other peoples' passage.

I think the police were well within the law. As a law abiding citizen, I like to think that as long as they are acting within the written law, the police are in charge; not some group of people I may not agree with.

Breitbart.tv » Video Proof: UC Davis Protesters Were Warned Before Pepper Spray Incident
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2011, 04:42 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,682,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctrain View Post
The police are shown politely giving individual warnings of what was to come if the protesters did not move as commanded. What else were the police supposed to do? The protesters would not let the officers leave. They defied the orders which were within the law.

Protesters should be allowed to protest; but not block other peoples' passage.

I think the police were well within the law. As a law abiding citizen, I like to think that as long as they are acting within the written law, the police are in charge; not some group of people I may not agree with.

Breitbart.tv » Video Proof: UC Davis Protesters Were Warned Before Pepper Spray Incident
so much for the brutal picture the libs tried to paint of the UC campus police.

Old 11-25-2011, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
so much for the brutal picture the libs tried to paint of the UC campus police.
Yep. I'm sure we won't be seeing much, if any, of this reasonable approach by the police on MSM.

Old 11-25-2011, 05:45 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,712,723 times
Of course they did. But the *******s on this board won't believe it no matter how much proof you give them.

Old 11-25-2011, 06:40 PM

6,864 posts, read 12,082,060 times
Video of protestors getting sprayed- Shown hourly on the news for days and a thread on CD with 540 posts.
Video of minutes before the protestors getting sprayed with police giving warning that they would get sprayed if they did not move- nothing on the news and less than one page on CD.
Think what you wish of the MSM and the agenda of some who post comments on CD.

Old 11-25-2011, 07:00 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,546,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Of course they did. But the *******s on this board won't believe it no matter how much proof you give them.
Actually, it doesn't matter how much warning they gave. Pepper spray shouldn't be used on peaceful protesters. The cops would have been better off ignoring the circle kids, or at most simply unlinking them and arresting them, which is what police normally do.

I always find it odd that the "small government" types think it's okay for cops to do whatever they wish, and that citizens have no rights that hold against them.

Old 11-25-2011, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoken View Post
Actually, it doesn't matter how much warning they gave. Pepper spray shouldn't be used on peaceful protesters. The cops would have been better off ignoring the circle kids, or at most simply unlinking them and arresting them, which is what police normally do.

I always find it odd that the "small government" types think it's okay for cops to do whatever they wish, and that citizens have no rights that hold against them.
I imagine if the cops had tried "unlinking" them, we would be hearing of how someones's arm was broken or some type of bodily injury sustained from the physical contract. The protestors would have been better off getting up to allow passage as requested and continued their protest without interfering with the rights of others.

Old 11-25-2011, 08:23 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,280,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoken View Post

Watch the video, again, or for the first time and see if some of the kids weren't turning their heads when being spoken directly to. Also, get it through your head that they were sure that the police would rip their arms apart, so they could squeal "Police brutality". Fooled them, I guess.

Old 11-25-2011, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Watch the video, again, or for the first time and see if some of the kids weren't turning their heads when being spoken directly to. Also, get it through your head that they were sure that the police would rip their arms apart, so they could squeal "Police brutality". Fooled them, I guess.
This is the exact truth. Some just don't want to acknowledge it.

And in an interview with one of the protesters, he was practically crying, saying that all of a sudden he was just sprayed and there was nothing he could do. Looks like he could have simply stood up and walked away to a different spot where he wasn't blocking the walkway and avoid being sprayed in the first place. Like you said, these guys are just looking for a chance to cry, "police brutality." Pathetic.

Old 11-25-2011, 09:02 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,788,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4g4m View Post
Video of protestors getting sprayed- Shown hourly on the news for days and a thread on CD with 540 posts.
Video of minutes before the protestors getting sprayed with police giving warning that they would get sprayed if they did not move- nothing on the news and less than one page on CD.
Think what you wish of the MSM and the agenda of some who post comments on CD.
And if the police warned you repeatedly on video that if the posters in this thread didn't refrain from posting they'd shoot all of you, this justifies them?

This thread is an excellent object lesson. Grand plans of schooling whom overseas over a 'democracy' they won't defend, or lead by example, at home. Too bad Monty Python isn't around anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies