Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2011, 03:49 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,861,588 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
I'll have to take your word for that, as I never listen to or watch any of those guys. But it's funny how there were no screaming crowds of Tea Partiers, demanding that all that overspending stop, isn't it? That didn't happen until after the 2008 election. Odd, wouldn't you say, that they didn't find their voice until their party was out of office? Just a coincidence?
I was part of a couple large Tea Party events in 2007, all of which involved government spending on a national and state level. We were rallying long before Obama was the President and before the Tea Party officially began in 2007 we were gathering support against out of control spending. Unlike the anti-war protestors who were everywhere during the Bush admin and are nowhere to be found now, we are still very much around and we're waiting on our next chance to affect local, state and national elections.

Old 11-26-2011, 04:02 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,539,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
I was part of a couple large Tea Party events in 2007, all of which involved government spending on a national and state level. We were rallying long before Obama was the President and before the Tea Party officially began in 2007 we were gathering support against out of control spending. Unlike the anti-war protestors who were everywhere during the Bush admin and are nowhere to be found now, we are still very much around and we're waiting on our next chance to affect local, state and national elections.
Link please. I never heard one thing about a group of people wearing stupid hats and holding up signs with the "n" word on them until Obama moved in the White House.

Old 11-26-2011, 04:08 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,861,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Link please. I never heard one thing about a group of people wearing stupid hats and holding up signs with the "n" word on them until Obama moved in the White House.

I never heard anything about people wearing stupid hats or holding up signs with the "N" word on them before OR after he was elected. WTF are you rambling about now?

Old 11-26-2011, 04:08 PM

7,788 posts, read 8,039,152 times
c'mon the Tea parties didn't wave signs with the n word. you mabe seen some but not there

Old 11-26-2011, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
I never heard anything about people wearing stupid hats or holding up signs with the "N" word on them before OR after he was elected. WTF are you rambling about now?
You mean like this tea party leader holding this sign?
http://washingtonindependent.com/730...a-party-leader

Old 11-26-2011, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
c'mon the Tea parties didn't wave signs with the n word. you mabe seen some but not there
‘N-Word’ Sign Dogs Would-Be Tea Party Leader | The Washington Independent

Oh boy

Old 11-26-2011, 04:27 PM

227 posts, read 141,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I should remind you you're talking to someone who believes all Republican talk show hosts have racist language hidden in "codes"

I don'tive or talk in codes. If I don't like you I will tell you. *******s just look for anything to try to deflect the terrible policies they have placed on this country. I don't hide from anyone. I don't fear anyone. I have no need for codes. Thats just another stupid liberal tactic.

Old 11-26-2011, 04:28 PM

7,788 posts, read 8,039,152 times
the idiot was thrown out for that stupid sign. try again and quit slapping the side of your head.the TP does not tolorate racist idiots and proved it

Old 11-26-2011, 04:28 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,488,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Then you weren't listening. Even Sean Hannity and Rush Limbaugh were complaining about Bush's (over)spending. And Bill O'Reilly mentioned it many times.
mentioning your concerns from time to time (a la Bush) is different from mounting a daily hate campaign and fomenting the populace to join you in their hatred and spreading of lies. (Obama) Two very, very different things.

Old 11-26-2011, 04:29 PM

1,435 posts, read 1,555,093 times
The sign said "Taxpayer=*****r." It wasn't calling someone a "*****r." Just as Hank Williams, Jr. was simply illustrating the great dichotomy between Obama and Boehner when he used Hitler as a comparison. He wasn't calling Obama Hitler. Complexity and comprehension is not a Liberal's strong suit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies