Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2011, 08:06 AM

6,137 posts, read 4,867,142 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
You have a very obvious opinion, which most people call psychological projection. You make the assumption (intentional or not) of what "everyone else" is thinking based on your internal reactions about situations, or using anecdotes from other people, and assigning them to those people you don't know or have even seen. You then proceed to ask leading questions, such as in the italics above.
What garbage. You libs are the first to make assumptions about the tea party and/or conservatives that you "don't know or have even seen." Everybody uses anecdotes and trends to form opinions.

He's probably right, and anybody with a brain and two eyes knows it. In America, there is more stereotyping of blacks than there is of hispanics. Of course you can tell me I'm wrong since I haven't interviewed every white person in the country, but I know this, you know this, and everyone reading right now knows this.

But of course you're free to play the race card and make yourself look stupid.

To the OP. Yes, more people would be nervous, based on stereotypes, whether they be rational or irrational.

Old 11-27-2011, 08:11 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,762,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workaholic? View Post
The percentage of the American population who are African American is sitting at about 12 percent. This is about the same as it has been for the last 30 years. The "Black Population" is actually shrinking in many large states like California and Texas.

On the other hand, the LEGAL Hispanic Population in American is growing at an incredible rate. While many Black/White/Asian American born residents have expressed concern about a huge increase in the population of an ethnic group that has alarming statistics related to education, poverty, unemployment and out of wedlock births (Hispanics)- the level of alarm has been muted.

I wonder if the "Black Population" was growing at such a fast rate there would be a greater alarm. What do you think?

* Are the Hispanics seen as more of a model minority than "African Americans"?
No. Growth in Americans isn't as bad as many milliions of foreigners pouring over the border, a very large portion of them coming for the food stamps and welfare handouts.

It's a myth that illegals -- which are the very fast growing segment of the population -- are some model foreign minority and superior over American blacks. They are having more welfare babies, and the gang problem in the foreign hispanic groups is far worse than anything seen in the American blacks.

Old 11-27-2011, 08:13 AM

3,504 posts, read 3,929,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
What garbage. You libs are the first to make assumptions about the tea party and/or conservatives that you "don't know or have even seen." Everybody uses anecdotes and trends to form opinions.

He's probably right, and anybody with a brain and two eyes knows it. In America, there is more stereotyping of blacks than there is of hispanics. Of course you can tell me I'm wrong since I haven't interviewed every white person in the country, but I know this, you know this, and everyone reading right now knows this.

To the OP. Yes, more people would be nervous, based on stereotypes, whether they be rational or irrational.
who cares. its pointless speculation anyways with intent to race bait.

Old 11-27-2011, 08:16 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,966,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
For me it's not a coincidence that the Immigration Act of 1965, the law that is most responsible for the influx, was passed a year after the CRA.

It's a shame many Black American leaders actually support and encourage the influx, I guess they are not astute to realize the eventual diminishing of their political power.
This is what I don't understand about black American leaders. They are diminishing their own power, and sacrificing their fellow brothers in supporting the huge influx of these Mexicans and Mexican-Americans, people who directly compete for the same jobs most blacks would only have access to. So, once again, black leaders have sold their own people out, for the 100th time.

Old 11-27-2011, 08:22 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,762,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
This is what I don't understand about black American leaders. They are diminishing their own power, and sacrificing their fellow brothers in supporting the huge influx of these Mexicans and Mexican-Americans, people who directly compete for the same jobs most blacks would only have access to. So, once again, black leaders have sold their own people out, for the 100th time.
Yes, it's very odd. Just like when Vicente Fox came out and insulted black Americans, the black American leaders remained dead silent over it. And there is a lot of this "illegals or hispanics are the model minority", and no one cares how high black unemployment is now as long as it's foreigners coming over the border to take all the jobs. Cheap labor, it comes down to the illegals will work for dirt wages.

Old 11-27-2011, 09:45 AM

7,085 posts, read 12,066,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post

Wrong. The OP makes assumptions based on strangers, people with no relation that they just drove by that is based on their skin color. You are doing the same, thinking your views are the same as everyone else around you...because, well you say so. I don't agree with you, or "know this", so don't push your beliefs on me unless you want me to do the same.

On the other hand people who belong to part of a group usually make a tacit agreement when they stay part of the group they agree with what it is doing. No one joins, champions, and works for groups they don't agree with. If they don't they can leave.

Old 11-27-2011, 10:08 AM

6,137 posts, read 4,867,142 times
Quote:
Wrong. The OP makes assumptions based on strangers, people with no relation that they just drove by that is based on their skin color. You are doing the same, thinking your views are the same as everyone else around you...because, well you say so. I don't agree with you, or "know this", so don't push your beliefs on me unless you want me to do the same.
So basically you're telling me that people are incapable of noticing statistical trends. Got it. By the way, "my views" have absolutely nothing to do with this, nor did I ever mention them, so don't brand me as anything until I come out and say it. Your entire premise is that if one makes an observation of common human behavior, they must engage in that behavior as well. Forgive me, but that's about the stupidest thing I've heard all day.

The irony here is overwhelming too. You've labeled the OP as a racist stormfronter already, and as far as I'm aware you two are not acquainted. I wonder if you're "projecting" as you called it?

Is it your contention that black people are not on the receiving end of more racism and/or stereotyping than hispanics? Yes or no?

By the way, you can't win. No matter how you respond to this, I will accuse you of partaking in whichever form of racism you think is most common. If you prefer to use crappy logic I can play at that game as well although I would prefer not to.

Quote:
On the other hand people who belong to part of a group usually make a tacit agreement when they stay part of the group they agree with what it is doing. No one joins, champions, and works for groups they don't agree with. If they don't they can leave.
Yeah nice try, but you're not going to squirm out of this one either. I can't help my belief system (conservative) any more than I can help my race. We're not talking about a small group of people, we're talking about millions of Americans to the right of the political spectrum (not only the Tea Party) who are constantly stereotyped by you folks as racist for the fact that there are a handful of racists among their ranks.

Old 11-27-2011, 10:19 AM

2,674 posts, read 4,397,609 times
Quote:
Really? Most Blacks and Latinos I know are degreed professionals. So if you mean competing for jobs in law and medicine, so be it.

Old 11-27-2011, 10:38 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,252,123 times
Quote:
Wait a minute...so now you care about black political power all of a sudden? I thought you guys were so against "multiculturalism" and "tribalism," but when it suits you, you're ready to pull out the division card, huh? I'm supposed to worry about growing Hispanic political clout coming at the price of black political clout? Whaaaaat? If i'm gonna raise hell about political clout, why shouldn't i be more worried about WHITE political clout instead seeing as how it's far more entrenched, wealthier, and seemingly omnipotent....not to mention corrupt to a large degree (by that i mean strongly slanted towards corporate interests...to the benefits of a wealthy white few).

As far as i'm concerned, it's not the place of the black community to invest their time trying to stop an influx of Mexicans coming here to seek a better life. Who are we to do that? If an African American such as myself, born and raised here, given the benefit of an American education, can't beat out some border crossing Mexican that can't even speak the language for job, then i may as well shoot myself.

Stop trying to pit black people against Hispanic people. Some blacks have already been fooled into believing this is our fight, but i don't see where i have a dog in this hunt. You're just sour because we aren't throwing our support to this anti-Mexican stuff that's so popular on the right wing. You all counted on our support and figured that you could pit us against them using these silly straw man arguments about jobs and opportunities. It aint working.

LOL...aint this a b*tch? Black leaders "diminishing their own power," as if you know how much power they have....and as if you actually give a damn about it. Please. If black leaders have diminished power, that's right up your alley and you know it.

Old 11-27-2011, 10:45 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,252,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Yes, it's very odd. Just like when Vicente Fox came out and insulted black Americans, the black American leaders remained dead silent over it. And there is a lot of this "illegals or hispanics are the model minority", and no one cares how high black unemployment is now as long as it's foreigners coming over the border to take all the jobs. Cheap labor, it comes down to the illegals will work for dirt wages.
What were we supposed to do? Go down to Mexico and shoot him? Besides, we're used to it. All you need to do is spend a few minutes reading the posts from Conservatives on C-D and they'll all make Fox look like an NAACP member.

If this country was so interested in stopping illegal immigration, we could easily slow it down to a large degree. Simply put one of the large corporations out of business for hiring illegals and it would send a message. Won't happen...ever. We are addicted to cheap labor. That's not the fault of the black American leaders (whoever the hell that is...i'm black, and i don't know. Seems like yall know more about blacks than we do...go figure), that's the fault of the lawmakers....overwhelmingly white, in Congress.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies