Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2011, 04:51 PM

2,444 posts, read 3,584,462 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
The problem here is simple .... those that have no morality cannot understand what it is. Loyalty and honor are very closely related too ...

There is a HUGE difference between a pig and a dog ... you don't see Police Pigs (well maybe that's not a good example ) Seeing Eye Pigs .... Watch Pigs .... Search and Rescue Pigs ... etc.

Dogs are honorable creatures with a deep sense of loyalty, and incredible intelligence far beyond what most people understand.

Many people would do themselves and the rest of the world a favor if they embraced those qualities that seem to come naturally to dogs .... qualities which seem to be harder to find in humans with each passing day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsP3dzVwj5Y

^^^ This is why you don't eat dogs .... they deserve far better treatment, and have long been "Man's Best Friend" .... even though no one could blame them if they decided to make better choices.

Horses are in generally the same category when it comes to service to humans .... they've assisted and hauled humans around for centuries ... earning them the right not to be eaten by us in return.

There's that loyalty and honor thing again!
So we kill those unable to serve?
Does that make it OK still for me to eat a mongoloid person who can't contribute to me or society?

Bulls have been used all over the world to do heavy labor work, cows give us milk to this very day, yet I'd bet most people in this thread eat meat from bulls/cows.
Nice loyalty we show them?

Bottom line is; whoever is higher in the food chain will kill and eat what stands lower.

Like I stated before; my rules would be as long as you eat what you kill, and it's not endangered, feel free to do so.

As for your own dogs loyalty, it's children would eat yours if properly motivated and given opportunity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2011, 04:57 PM

8,631 posts, read 9,139,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
I prefer ribeye myself but Ive never turned down a porterhouse either!
You know I like ribeye better too. Baby-back pork ribs are the bomb! If I want to eat lean a deer I can tolerate, a carrot at the least but a horse--never.

Old 11-30-2011, 04:59 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,873,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
American horses are full of medications that are not for HUMAN CONSUMPTION! So go ahead and partake yum yum.
Wow,EVERY single horse in the USA is full of medications...who knew?

Obviously not Mexico.

Old 11-30-2011, 05:00 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,392,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
You know I like ribeye better too. Baby-back pork ribs are the bomb! If I want to eat lean a deer I can tolerate, a carrot at the least but a horse--never.

Yeah, go two weeks without food, and see how quickly you eat horse.

Old 11-30-2011, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WINDCHIMES View Post
there is always a reason why something so horrible is allowed to happen and signed into law, sadly that is the fact here, and its not a good one either, we are being desenstitized perhaps?
Cattle slaughtered?
Sure.
Pigs slaughtered?
Okay.
Sheep slaughtered?
Fine.
Goats slaughtered?
No problem.
Chickens slaughtered?
Yum.

Horses slaughtered?

Perfect sense....

Old 11-30-2011, 05:04 PM

306 posts, read 218,883 times
Interesting topic...
The ideological question here is...
Has an individual the right to kill & eat any kind of animal he desires
or the state,the gov, or even the people,through a referendum
have the right to dictate to him what to eat..?

Isn't a free market solution the best ..?
If very few people end up buying horse meat,there will be no such industry...

Old 11-30-2011, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
I said this on the first page of this thread......
Have you ever ridden a pig?
Plowed a field with one?
Somehow, I doubt the Kentucky Derby would be quite the same if it were merely a pig race.
You can plow a field with oxen.

So the reason a horse is special is because a person can ride it...

Wow,that IS incredibly special...

Over 4 million horses are eaten around the world,it is just another livestock animal.

Old 11-30-2011, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicIsYourFriend View Post
So you're shocked and horrified and feeling bad for those poor horses because you can use them for more than just meat, but f- the pig because you can't ride it?
LOL....

Old 11-30-2011, 05:10 PM

8,631 posts, read 9,139,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Yeah, go two weeks without food, and see how quickly you eat horse.
You are correct. Two weeks of starvation I could eat a horse.

Old 11-30-2011, 07:43 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,007,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicIsYourFriend View Post
Way to say nothing in response. What metaphor are you talking about? Maybe you can explain it to my unschooled mind?

I just don't understand why you're so sad for horses, but not other animals. Your response when asked this was to point out that horses are good for plowing and derbies. This still doesn't explain your empathy for horses and not other eaten animals.

By the way, pigs are good for more than just meat too, such as truffle hunting. And not every horse can run in a derby or plow a field. How do you explain your inconsistent empathy?
You still havent read the thread, which is not my responsibility.
If you wish to know the answers to your queries, they lie within this thread, I am not going to repeat myself for your edification.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies