Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2011, 06:03 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,285,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Pos(t)er boy for frustrated right wing psuedo intellectuals.

The savage Weiner

When discussing pseudo intellectualism, it is helpful to spell pseudo correctly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2011, 06:15 AM

7,085 posts, read 12,057,017 times
He's mad, not even funny mad either.

He is rabidly xenophobic, misogynistic and homophobic, and loves meatballs with a burning passion.

He was given an award in 2007 for "freedom of speech" and he was so scared of "them" getting him he made a raving video appearance from his home where he looked like he had been spending time living on a street corner.

Old 12-06-2011, 07:02 AM

Another bunch of rabid neo-progressive Obamatrons who would love nothing more than for Berkeley to yank Dr. Savage's Ph.D. from him retroactively.

Last edited by summers73; 12-06-2011 at 07:33 AM..

Old 12-06-2011, 07:19 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,241,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekester View Post
I've listened to Michael Savage quite a few times (mostly out of morbid curiosity) and I would have to say that he's a different breed of cat altogether. He's definitely not the typical conservative talk show host. He's quite the misanthrope actually. If you listen to him long enough you will hear him criticize and condemn people of every philosophical frequency in the political spectrum including many of his conservative contemporaries.

Unfortunately he's also very narcissistic and self-aggrandizing with a fair amount of boorish bragging being a regular feature of the show. I have to admit he can also be quite funny. His patented "red diaper doper baby" jabs always crack me up even though I think they represent a fairly bigoted assessment of the demographic he hurls them at.

In spite of the fact that he's well educated with degrees in several disciplines he also has a bit of the crack pot in him as evidenced by his active endorsement of homeopathic quackery as well as his belief that autistic kids just need to be yelled at and disciplined more. Quote: "In 99% of the cases its a brat who hasn't been told to cut the act out." Scientific rationalism be damned.

In accordance with the "stopped clock theory" he does sometimes make some good points and I find myself agreeing with him here and there. All in all he's a pretty strange bird -kind of an eclectic paradoxical blend of renaissance man and kook.

I can honestly say that listening to him is never boring. What's your impression of him?
I think he is a Weiner!

Old 12-06-2011, 08:54 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Another bunch of rabid neo-progressive Obamatrons who would love nothing more than for Berkeley to yank Dr. Savage's Ph.D. from him retroactively.
No one cares about the guy, much less his degree. Please. I doubt there is a liberal on the planet that has ever considered such a thing.

Old 12-06-2011, 02:47 PM

649 posts, read 1,132,918 times
Savage is like some really disgruntled, grizzled old smart guy you see at a dive bar, he is cool to occasionally listen to, but you would never really hang out with him on purpose. I think I also miss the NYC accents sometimes too

Old 12-06-2011, 06:05 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,459,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekester View Post
I've listened to Michael Savage quite a few times (mostly out of morbid curiosity) and I would have to say that he's a different breed of cat altogether. He's definitely not the typical conservative talk show host. He's quite the misanthrope actually. If you listen to him long enough you will hear him criticize and condemn people of every philosophical frequency in the political spectrum including many of his conservative contemporaries.

Unfortunately he's also very narcissistic and self-aggrandizing with a fair amount of boorish bragging being a regular feature of the show. I have to admit he can also be quite funny. His patented "red diaper doper baby" jabs always crack me up even though I think they represent a fairly bigoted assessment of the demographic he hurls them at.

In spite of the fact that he's well educated with degrees in several disciplines he also has a bit of the crack pot in him as evidenced by his active endorsement of homeopathic quackery as well as his belief that autistic kids just need to be yelled at and disciplined more. Quote: "In 99% of the cases its a brat who hasn't been told to cut the act out." Scientific rationalism be damned.

In accordance with the "stopped clock theory" he does sometimes make some good points and I find myself agreeing with him here and there. All in all he's a pretty strange bird -kind of an eclectic paradoxical blend of renaissance man and kook.

I can honestly say that listening to him is never boring. What's your impression of him?
To listen to him you'd think he thinks he invented natural medicine, but he's hardly got the knowledge or understanding of causes of disease and how to get rid of them using these modes of medicine that an experienced Homeopath or Naturopath has.

Perhaps his less than adequate grasp on it has brought you to conclude that all natural medicine must be "quackery" just because all you know about it is what you've heard him say. I think before I made sweeping statements like yours, I'd do a little more research from primary sources (not limiting yourself to what your medical doctor tells you who is completely clueless and untrained about natural medicine-- unless he has the designation NMD or ND after his name).

If Savage really wanted to stir the pot about medical care in the country he could start in on the fact that conventional medicine kills more Americans than any single disease. It is the LEADING cause of death in our country -- more than terrorist attacks ---more than casualties from wars. Yet Americans don't mind being killed and even PAYING for it if it is ironically for what they very wrongly think will bring them "health". http://www.lef.org/magazine/mag2004/...i_death_01.htm

Last edited by emilybh; 12-06-2011 at 06:17 PM..

Old 12-06-2011, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
No one cares about the guy, much less his degree. Please. I doubt there is a liberal on the planet that has ever considered such a thing.
Actually, many care so much that they go out of their way to try to make fun of it, calling him everything from an elixir salesman to "just a guy who studied plants". Basically trying to marginalize the guy for having a higher degree than they do.

Old 12-07-2011, 02:28 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,082,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Actually, many care so much that they go out of their way to try to make fun of it, calling him everything from an elixir salesman to "just a guy who studied plants". Basically trying to marginalize the guy for having a higher degree than they do.
Knowledge without wisdom is completely worthless.

Degrees mean absolutely nothing if you were to walk around raving insanely and wiping your butt with your hand and then rubbing it in your hair.....not saying Weiner does that,but he's still a kook in the Beck vein imo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies