Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2011, 07:18 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,387,069 times

Advertisements

+1 bideshi. The accountability is key for me. Recall that in the case of Ruby Ridge from the 1990's, Congress was never able to find out exactly who authorized the 'rules of engagement' that led to the shootings of Vicki and Sammy Weaver. They tried but failed, as a code of silence prevailed among federal law enforcement.

We need to find out exactly what level and what people authorized this operation. Prosecutors do this kind of thing all the time, getting the minnows to flip in order to get the bigger fish, and so on down the line to the sharks. Will will we ever get the truth here, or will the admin try to give a whitewash?

Last edited by wutitiz; 12-08-2011 at 07:59 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2011, 07:31 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,710,540 times
They should all get 20 years in Sheriff Joe's condo's.

Hard labor needs to be brought back to rebuild the infrastructure, like it was when it was originally built.

Old 12-08-2011, 07:38 AM

59,257 posts, read 27,446,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
"The ATF began Project Gunrunner as a pilot project in Laredo, Texas, in 2005 and expanded it as a national initiative in 2006. Project Gunrunner is also part of the Department of Justice’s broader Southwest Border Initiative, which seeks to reduce cross-border drug and firearms trafficking and the high level of violence associated with these activities on both sides of the border."

Project Gunrunner - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Project Gunrunner" began in 2005 - this is the next fake topic of RW MSM - Democratic Underground

The program began under the Bush administration. And people seem to leave that part out for some reason?????
That is like saying Social Security started under FDR and saying it is the same today.

And I don't know of anyone who has denied the original program statrted under Bush.

Before trying to make political points, do some research and you will find major differences in the program from Bush to Obama.

Old 12-08-2011, 07:41 AM

5,113 posts, read 5,980,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Sorry if it appeared I was blaming anybody. Just trying to demonstrate the overlap in departments. I live among DEA and ATF folks, some now retired. They are conscientious and hardworking patriot people. I have a hard time thinking any head of the DOJ or POTUS could get them to do something they believed to be stupid or crooked.
Thats why we now have ATF agents speaking out and testifying in congress against their own management.

Old 12-08-2011, 07:43 AM

59,257 posts, read 27,446,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtruth View Post
Thank you!

Oh, Memphis, do you have anything to say about this? Anything...at all? You've been so quiet!
Like many on here, they come on, make statements, get proven false and never return.

Old 12-08-2011, 05:35 PM

785 posts, read 620,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I'm not covering for anyone. The program began as a regional pilot program in 2005. Later, it was tried as a national program.

I don't think it was smart to try, I think it was a bad idea, but it was more then one administration. And I find it disturbing that so many partisans only focus on holder and Obama, and leave out everyone involved. Every justice department lies, and its disingenuous to attack the one you dont like because of their party, and not all involved.

And you may be "disappointed" with me, but with all of the partisan, tin foiled, and flat out lying threads you've posted lately, you certainly have 4 fingers pointing back at you.
Try being objective. Try realizing that BOTH parties have failed you, and go about changing both parties. You've done nothing but apologize for the GOP, and blame everything on the current president alone.
Hey Memphis, I notice that you didn't address the fact that the Bush admin put tracking devices in the guns, intercepted all they could, and worked with the Mexican government as a joint operation to intercept them.

That fact that you left that out of your reply reveals your dishonesty and that you know you're wrong. In short,I think you lost this.

Old 12-08-2011, 06:09 PM

4,367 posts, read 3,488,894 times
Holder: "No! No! I'm not going to take the fall for this! It was your idea!"

O: Eric.....my friend; you will not see a day in jail and you won't be disbarred. Its going to be okay. But I'm the first black president, I can't get any heat from this! You understand......"

Last edited by nightflight; 12-08-2011 at 06:23 PM..

Old 12-09-2011, 07:07 AM

41,325 posts, read 45,000,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtruth View Post
Hey Memphis, I notice that you didn't address the fact that the Bush admin put tracking devices in the guns, intercepted all they could, and worked with the Mexican government as a joint operation to intercept them.

That fact that you left that out of your reply reveals your dishonesty and that you know you're wrong. In short,I think you lost this.
Shhhh....ignoring all that makes it so much easier to continue a defense of this outrageous, criminal behavior and the people that are covered in blood from a really stupid idea gone bad.

Bad enough the program was started, but now we KNOW why it was started - so the obama administration could claim out of control guns "walking" as the reason to implement stricter gun regulations.

Can you imagine if Bush did this? It would be a screaming, above the fold headlines for weeks.

Old 12-09-2011, 07:14 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,919,935 times
of course, these regulations that the Demand Latter 3 rolls out is ONLY going to affect the sale of assault firearms in border states and none moving forward...

Even if (when) the suppliers start hitting the northern states for these same firearms..

But, of course.. Government hasn't thought that far ahead, right?

Old 12-09-2011, 08:05 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,981,669 times

Chaffetz to AG Holder: Where Is Communication B/W DOJ, Obama Administration, & Mexican Gov't? - YouTube

Issa warns Holder of Contempt before Congress:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwQX8...feature=relmfu

Last edited by lifelongMOgal; 12-09-2011 at 08:21 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies