Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2011, 06:12 PM

2,046 posts, read 1,574,768 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
one of the real reasons i consider the palestinians to be something other than a historical group of people is pointed out by gingrich according to this link.

gingrich describes palestinian people as 'invented' | fox news
who cares what they were, if they want their land back its right there next door go for it. But if you lose then you better find some where else to go!! Because i think the spoils goes to the winner!! Its been the law of the world for centuries and it will continue to be!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2011, 06:26 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,216,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
PJ media? The crap Roger L. Simon has been trying to run into the ground since he ran off with their VC funding?

Pajamas Media - RationalWiki

Wow, you must have something wrong with you to believe them
http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

We may attack ideas (politely) but we do not attack the speaker of the idea.

Old 12-11-2011, 06:37 PM

9,249 posts, read 26,697,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Gore?

Kerry?

BTW, educated and degreed are two different things.

Bush wasn't my first choice or the first choice of most conservatives.

"W" was simply the person the party elders gave us in 2000.

He was the incumbent in 2004.

In 2008, it was McCain's turn.

By 2009 conservatives had had enough and began the process of taking control of a party long ruled by insiders.

We would love to see liberals purge the Democratic Party of corporate/union whores as well.
As a conservative mainly, this is what I don't understand and one of the reasons I am not a Newt fan. "By 2009 conservatives had had enough and began the process of taking control of a party long ruled by insiders" and here we go putting Newt in the lead, just about as insider as anyone on the current panel can get. What the heck are people thinking?

Old 12-11-2011, 07:26 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by love roses View Post
As a conservative mainly, this is what I don't understand and one of the reasons I am not a Newt fan. "By 2009 conservatives had had enough and began the process of taking control of a party long ruled by insiders" and here we go putting Newt in the lead, just about as insider as anyone on the current panel can get. What the heck are people thinking?
KAAAA-BAAAAAAM!!!

I was getting ready to make a post containing this same sentiment. If the party has "purged" the RINO's, why Gingrich or Romney?

This is why Conservatives have no credibility on that issue as far as i'm concerned.

Old 12-11-2011, 11:04 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,830,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Sub...before Gingrich looked like the eventual nominee, 9 outta 10 conservatives would've told you he was a clown. I haven't heard a conservative say a SINGLE POSITIVE THING about the man in a decade. And i'm sure you've experience the same thing.

But now that he's in the lead, He's Ronaldus Magnus Reagan. And they would've been doing the same thing if Romney were in the lead.

Truth is, they're reduced to voting for anyone they hope can win...not someone that actually espouses their ideology. They'll say so in sure company, but around liberals, they stick to the party line. They know Gingrich is a buffoon, and they can't stand him no more than we can.

the irony lol

Old 12-12-2011, 06:01 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,481,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
One of the real reasons I consider the Palestinians to be something other than a historical group of people is pointed out by Gingrich according to this link.

Gingrich Describes Palestinian People As 'Invented' | Fox News
Can you elaborate on why, say, Kuwaitis are any less "invented" than Palestinians?

And what difference it makes whether you call robbed, dispossessed people "Arabs" instead of "Palestinians?"

Old 12-12-2011, 06:27 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofurkey View Post
I liked this history posted at PJMedia...

Ultimately, there never were any Palestinians.
I guess we can just call them "people who lived in Palestine".

Just ike we can say there are no American people, there are only "those people who live in America".

Who's going to buy that?

Of course they are Palestinians.

Old 12-12-2011, 08:20 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,822,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Please remember that there was a palistine before a lot of the current countries in the middle east. The British carved Israel out Of Palistine to give the surviving Jews from Europe a homeland. Newt is...... I cant come up with anything to describe him, thats how low he brings himself
I would like to think that Newt is smarter than the people he strives to impress with blather like this.

Old 12-12-2011, 08:24 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Please remember that there was a palistine before a lot of the current countries in the middle east. The British carved Israel out Of Palistine to give the surviving Jews from Europe a homeland. Newt is...... I cant come up with anything to describe him, thats how low he brings himself
Yes, the area was known as "Pelastine" when the Brits ruled it.

Old 12-12-2011, 08:28 AM

13,650 posts, read 20,780,689 times
Gingrich is quoted as follows:

"Remember there was no Palestine as a state. It was part of the Ottoman Empire."

That is true and largely irrelevant. Almost everything there was part of the Ottoman Empire.

"And I think that we've had an invented Palestinian people, who are in fact Arabs, and were historically part of the Arab community,"

True again. Palestinians are the Arabs indigenous to West Bank, Gaza, and yes, what is now Israel proper. Now, what differs them from other Arabs in Jordan, I have never understood.

"And they had a chance to go many places."

This is a bit insensitive and unrealistic.

And for a variety of political reasons we have sustained this war against Israel now since the 1940's, and I think it's tragic."

Open for interpretation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies