Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2011, 06:35 AM

2,430 posts, read 2,768,111 times

Advertisements

I don't know what you know, some things you know might tick me off { you get it}? Here's what I know: Almost every day some talking head says the tax on the rich is to high and 40% of the taxes are paid buy the top 1%. What they say is based on fact. What they don't say is a shameless cover up, by those in power and their friends in the media and some of the RICH WHO DON"T PAY TAXES AT ALL.People are marching and can not articulate the probem. WE THE PEOPLE must state the problem clearly. The good news is if we can do that , the solution is simple. THE PROBLEM? The #1 problem is Congress. FIRE THEM, vote all encombants out every election all the time. THE PROBLEM #2 The TAX CODE Not everyone shelters all their taxes but too many do. (period) TOO MANY When Congress starts closing loop holes I will know things are turning around. HOW DO I KNOW...........it's stated by the likes of Trump and Buffet all the time. AND A CLOSE FRIEND who works in a Tax office in a ultra rich area of Northern Illinois told me. Her clients are mufti-millionaires........and NONE PAY TAXES. NONE, ZIP, ZERO. Many live in Giant houses surounded by s custom Jack Nickolaus golf course.............that's one suburb in Illinois...........We could balance the budget if rich millionaires and corporations paid their fair share, it would help if they paid something. Wonder what the tax forms look like for the Candidates, congress? We have the power to kick them out with our vote...........or if you are thinking about setting yourself on fire to save America send me a note I'll buy you a ticketu to OCCUPY WASHINGTON ON APRIL 15th 2012
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2011, 06:45 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,224,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescityleon View Post
I don't know what you know, some things you know might tick me off { you get it}? Here's what I know: Almost every day some talking head says the tax on the rich is to high and 40% of the taxes are paid buy the top 1%. What they say is based on fact. What they don't say is a shameless cover up, by those in power and their friends in the media and some of the RICH WHO DON"T PAY TAXES AT ALL.People are marching and can not articulate the probem. WE THE PEOPLE must state the problem clearly. The good news is if we can do that , the solution is simple. THE PROBLEM? The #1 problem is Congress. FIRE THEM, vote all encombants out every election all the time. THE PROBLEM #2 The TAX CODE Not everyone shelters all their taxes but too many do. (period) TOO MANY When Congress starts closing loop holes I will know things are turning around. HOW DO I KNOW...........it's stated by the likes of Trump and Buffet all the time. AND A CLOSE FRIEND who works in a Tax office in a ultra rich area of Northern Illinois told me. Her clients are mufti-millionaires........and NONE PAY TAXES. NONE, ZIP, ZERO. Many live in Giant houses surounded by s custom Jack Nickolaus golf course.............that's one suburb in Illinois...........We could balance the budget if rich millionaires and corporations paid their fair share, it would help if they paid something. Wonder what the tax forms look like for the Candidates, congress? We have the power to kick them out with our vote...........or if you are thinking about setting yourself on fire to save America send me a note I'll buy you a ticketu to OCCUPY WASHINGTON ON APRIL 15th 2012
If you taxed the rich at 100 percent you would not balance the budget.
If you tax a corporation, who do you think will pay. Do you think that corporation will absorb the extra tax and reduce profit margin? All they will do is pass the cost to the consumer by raising prices. Who gets hurt with rising prices?

Old 12-14-2011, 07:48 AM

59,053 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescityleon View Post
What you think you "know" isn't necessarily all there is to know.

You say YOU KNOW,, (implying the rest of us are dummies because we don't "know".) How about stats to back up your claims.

Old 12-14-2011, 08:07 AM

3,457 posts, read 3,623,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
If you taxed the rich at 100 percent you would not balance the budget.
The goal is not to balance the budget, the goal is to have a fair tax code. Capital gains tax rates are 15%, wages are much higher than that.

Quote:
If you tax a corporation, who do you think will pay.
the corporation.

Quote:
Do you think that corporation will absorb the extra tax and reduce profit margin?
yes. they will have less profit margin, and they will pass smaller returns on to their shareholders.

Quote:
All they will do is pass the cost to the consumer by raising prices.
federal taxes actually lower prices, by removing money from circulation in the private sector.

the increase in prices we experience has nothing to do with federal taxes -- it is driven by central banks making loans.

In a functional economy, these loans go toward productive enterprise, people get jobs, and everything is hunky dory.

In our broken economy, these loans go toward commodity and land speculation. This reduces productive investment, and drives up the cost of things we buy, and drives our jobs overseas. Working people get screwed, but investors get rich, so everything is fine, right?

Old 12-14-2011, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletus Awreetus-Awrightus View Post
The goal is not to balance the budget, the goal is to have a fair tax code. Capital gains tax rates are 15%, wages are much higher than that.

the corporation.

yes. they will have less profit margin, and they will pass smaller returns on to their shareholders.

federal taxes actually lower prices, by removing money from circulation in the private sector.

the increase in prices we experience has nothing to do with federal taxes -- it is driven by central banks making loans.

In a functional economy, these loans go toward productive enterprise, people get jobs, and everything is hunky dory.

In our broken economy, these loans go toward commodity and land speculation. This reduces productive investment, and drives up the cost of things we buy, and drives our jobs overseas. Working people get screwed, but investors get rich, so everything is fine, right?
They will pass the costs to the consumer

Old 12-14-2011, 08:55 AM

Quote:
They will pass the costs to the consumer
So sayeth the right wing.

Certain industries will be able to pass the costs onto the consumer. Others will not.

Regardless, so what if they do? I'd rather indirectly pay corporate taxes as a consumer, than pay income taxes as a wage-earner.

Old 12-14-2011, 09:08 AM

Quote:
So sayeth the right wing.

Certain industries will be able to pass the costs onto the consumer. Others will not.

Regardless, so what if they do? I'd rather indirectly pay corporate taxes as a consumer, than pay income taxes as a wage-earner.
What industries do you see not passing the costs to consumers?
So you would Rather pay more for goods making your pay check worth less. That is of course your right to want

Old 12-14-2011, 09:14 AM

Quote:
What industries do you see not passing the costs to consumers?
those without pricing power.

Quote:
So you would Rather pay more for goods making your pay check worth less. That is of course your right to want
income and payroll taxes are what make my paycheck worth less. those are the worst form of taxes.

i'd take corporate taxes, where i indirectly paid more money for some goods, than i would a smaller paycheck, yes. For someone in my position that's just common sense.

Some folks think there's some "special magic" to corporate tax cuts, because they believe that somehow this leads to "jobs." I understand the hypothesis, however, the facts do not support this hypothesis. We've been lowering the corporate tax burden for decades, and it hasn't done squat for job creation.

Old 12-14-2011, 09:21 AM

Quote:
those without pricing power.

income and payroll taxes are what make my paycheck worth less. those are the worst form of taxes.

i'd take corporate taxes, where i indirectly paid more money for some goods, than i would a smaller paycheck, yes. For someone in my position that's just common sense.

Some folks think there's some "special magic" to corporate tax cuts, because they believe that somehow this leads to "jobs." I understand the hypothesis, however, the facts do not support this hypothesis. We've been lowering the corporate tax burden for decades, and it hasn't done squat for job creation.
i am very interested in knowing what corp[orations do not have the power to control the price of their own goods?

I am happy you are in a situation where you can afford higher gas and food prices. Good for you and the work you do to allow higher costs to be a good choice .

Old 12-14-2011, 09:28 AM

Quote:
i am very interested in knowing what corp[orations do not have the power to control the price of their own goods?
i'd use examples like media properties, or spectrum holdings by wireless carriers. a lot of these fields with minimal competition, are able to set their prices as high as the market will bear. Somebody like Verizon Wireless or Viacom or Time Warner Cable.

Quote:
I am happy you are in a situation where you can afford higher gas and food prices. Good for you and the work you do to allow higher costs to be a good choice .
thanks, but like i said earlier, corporate taxes have a minor impact on prices. if you're concerned about rising prices , you're barking up the wrong tree.

i already said, costs are driven up by central bank loans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies