Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2011, 06:58 AM

2,279 posts, read 3,973,942 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterboy7375 View Post
Actualy I think we should let singles pay $100 a month and families around $200. If something major happens you would get treated at a VA hospital. Something minor like stitches of a physical , you go to your own dr and write him a check when he is done. One of the reasons HI is so expensive is because people dont want to throw their dr $78 once a yr. Instead they spend $4k on HI. HI that many will never need.

In the last 30 yrs my HC costs where about $7500.

your turn
I think there should be a cheaper public option as there is with schooling, libraries, roads, transportation, and, in some cases, health clinics. If there is a way to incorporate free market values in this, I am totally open for that as well. Group insurance rates that you get through work are great, but if your company doesn't offer group insurance rates, you are almost SOL in some cases where you don't make bank. Your idea sounds interesting though. How did you come to the $100/$200 plan? Who would that be paid to?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2011, 06:59 AM

4,255 posts, read 3,480,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Absolutely. But so have millions of people who never paid a dime in taxes.

There is a cheaper option.....healthcare clinics.

That right there is why most opposed dont want it. Being forced to pay for others. Sure someone will chime in that we already do. Actualy we dont pay for others HI , only HC. Not everyone gets sick now. Paying for HI they would all need to be paid for.

Old 12-16-2011, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3N1TH 0N3 View Post
I think there should be a cheaper public option as there is with schooling, libraries, roads, transportation, and, in some cases, health clinics. If there is a way to incorporate free market values in this, I am totally open for that as well. Group insurance rates that you get through work are great, but if your company doesn't offer group insurance rates, you are almost SOL in some cases where you don't make bank. Your idea sounds interesting though. How did you come to the $100/$200 plan? Who would that be paid to?

It would be paid to the gvmt to run the program. I have never been opposed to a public option as long as its self funded. I just dont trust the gvmt to make it or keep it that way.
Up here , welfare has to be paid back and is self sufficiant pretty much. Im not opposed to that.

Old 12-16-2011, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Absolutely. But so have millions of people who never paid a dime in taxes.
I'm sure they'd be willing to if they made enough. I don't make a great amount, but I do alright. I have no problem paying taxes for that, even though I'm not currently using it. It's good to know that my future children will have the possibility to go to school. I'm also happy that I have a library to use. And the roads, well, don't get me started. How else would I get to work? The jet pack that I invented?

Old 12-16-2011, 07:03 AM

Quote:
It would be paid to the gvmt to run the program. I have never been opposed to a public option as long as its self funded. I just dont trust the gvmt to make it or keep it that way.
Up here , welfare has to be paid back and is self sufficiant pretty much. Im not opposed to that.
So by self funded, do you mean that everyone has their own account? Or is the money pooled in a large fund? Also, could a private sector organization manage it instead of the government?

10,449 posts, read 12,464,091 times
I don't know. We seem to have no problem shipping off our citizens to die in wars that are about money and oil.

23,558 posts, read 17,232,713 times
obamacare had nothing to do with health care as the majority of people were covered and were sacrificed under the guise of help for a very few. A move contrary to logic and at the sacrifice of the greater good.

Healthcare should have addressed modifying the current system with a mission to reduce costs as everyone had access to healthcare.

Looking at the way Obamacare was approved by nuclear option and that it had to be passed to see what was in it, is a travesty and not the way America should be working.

The loss of jobs appeared as a scheme to have people lose insurance just in time to be saved by the into of Obamacare.

Again obamacare has more to do with changing our economic, social and political culture under the guise of helping poor little orphaned spotted puppies.

When a murderer gets executed we rejoice because other lives have been saved now that he no longer walks the earth.

Smokers are dumbasses, what can I say, but even they are being unfairly persecuted by the government. To make them stop smoking cuts off funding to many humanitarian social programs. If you wanted to stop smoking it would be easy. State on the ciggy packages that any medical condition caused by ciggys after jan 1, 2000 will be exempt from filing lawsuits against tobacco companies.

Actualy roads were supposed to be supported by fuel taxes. They would still be if congress didnt steal the money . Had it been left alone it would be a system that was self funded. Some dude living in a city who walks to work should not have to pay for roads that I drive on. Local roads are paid for thru state fuel taxes and prop taxes.

Old 12-16-2011, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3N1TH 0N3 View Post
So by self funded, do you mean that everyone has their own account? Or is the money pooled in a large fund?

Pooled into a large fund and only paid for by those in the program. If the system needs more income to survive , then raise the rates.Dont take taxpayer money .

Old 12-16-2011, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Pooled into a large fund and only paid for by those in the program. If the system needs more income to survive , then raise the rates.Dont take taxpayer money .
That's actually an interesting idea. And it's relatively affordable I take it, as in cheaper than what the private sector offers?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies