Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2011, 07:00 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,098,877 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
Obama is caving on raising the top tax rate and on stopping the Keystone Pipeline. He looks like a fool after threatening a veto on including the pipeline in the payroll (SSI) tax reduction. America has the Tea Party to thank for both. The democrats talking point now is that republicans didn't want tax cuts for Americans. That is laughable. Republicans always want tax cuts. They just didn't want to take taxes from one group and give them to another group.

PS. The Tea Party also stopped the ban on incandescent light bulbs. Americans can now see how getting Obama out of office will bring sensibility back to our country.
Yeah,we are REALLY impressed with the Teabaggers

Last edited by Swampmonster; 12-17-2011 at 07:16 PM..
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2011, 03:08 PM

5,503 posts, read 7,346,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
Yeah,we are REALLY impressed with the Teabaggers
Nice ugly slur on the name. The incandescent bulb ban is the democrats energy plan. hahahha

Old 12-18-2011, 03:31 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,829,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
The Dems are learning how to negotiate with the Repub. They are making the same style of demands that the current Speaker has been using.

The tax lowering bills will not help the economy. My feeling is spending must be cut and the Bush tax cuts must all end. As in any non-profit(the federal Gov't being the largest in the world) you have to increase income and lower debt to maintain that balance.
The dems have been bending over backwards for the right since day one. The right on the other hand has absolutely refused to compromise, crossed their arms and stomped their feet like 3 year olds with their "our way or no way stances"

Obama's jobs and budget bill not only includes eliminating most of the horrific bush tax cuts and will get thousands back to work, it also includes pretty large cuts to social security and medicare to appeal to the right but again, they will not touch their oh-so-precious tax cuts to the rich no matter what.

Quote:
Nice ugly slur on the name. The incandescent bulb ban is the democrats energy plan. hahahha
Right wing fail, that legislation was passed under the Bush admin

Old 12-18-2011, 07:45 PM

16,761 posts, read 8,237,301 times
I believe that I have seen a change in the negotiateing style used by Dems in the last few months. Trying to move bar a little closer. I had been involved in talks on the job and it seems to me to be a different tone. I agree overall with rest of the post

Old 12-18-2011, 10:01 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,218,317 times
Sorry to burst your bubble, but the decision on the pipeline will be made by the Republicans in Nebraska vs. Obama--they have the right to accept or reject the plan. Obama has 60 days to make a decision--if the environmental impact plan isn't completed by then, he'll be forced to reject it until Nebraska gives it the go ahead. Some of you don't seem to understand that the administration had already approved the earlier plan through the Nebraska Sand Hills until the entire state came unglued, and every R leader (Congressional Reps, Governor, State Legislature) fought it tooth and nail. The state isn't opposed to the pipeline, just the initial route they chose. They aren't going to be rushed into accepting the new plan either until they have time to make sure the study is completed and every safety demand has been met. Obama may have to reject the plan initially because of the republicans in Nebraska, but he could always approve it later.

Old 12-19-2011, 12:46 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,098,877 times
Quote:
Just crawl out from a cave? THAT'S what everyone but RWNJ folks and Rush's little minions have called them forever..I wish I could take credit for coining the name
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies