Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2012, 06:17 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,993,162 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
I had what I considered to be a perfect example of how to voice the argument for same sense marriage
(I mean same sex marriage) but it was ......

I share similar sentiment with this:

"Its okay to disagree but its not okay to confront a person on their views in such an aggressive and provocative manner."

McGehee told the Los Angeles Times that she encouraged participants to be "polite and tasteful."

"This is about us showing our love.... We're not encouraging people to be outrageous or lewd."

Chick-fil-A protests: Will petition and 'kiss-in' help or hurt? - latimes.com

I'm hoping folks do not leave their manners at home, on both sides.
Simply having a stand of being "against each other" really doesn't accomplish a whole lot,
if it's just an exchange of equal opportunity meanness.

Guess we will have to see how it goes tomorrow....
I think that the kiss-in is a total waste of time. You can't change the mind of bigots that easily. They're only going to antagonize them even more than they already are.

Old 08-02-2012, 06:21 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,384,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bettyboopster View Post
Why do you think (homosexuality) has not lead to the destruction of the universe?
Because the universe is still here? But I guess you have some reason to think it HAS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
I think that the kiss-in is a total waste of time. You can't change the mind of bigots that easily. They're only going to antagonize them even more than they already are.
I agree. I think boycotting is fine, but protests in general (especially this kind) rarely make a difference. In the minds of non-thinking people, it only confirms that gays are just trying to "shove homosexuality down our throats! " Hehe

Old 08-02-2012, 06:22 PM

1,922 posts, read 1,744,923 times
Default The intolerant left

Chick-Fil-A Worker Verbally Assaulted by Guy Who Hates Hate - Katie Pavlich

What a jerk.

The guy is mean to a young woman who is politely serving him at Chick-fil-A, and he asks her how she can do what she does.

Old 08-02-2012, 06:26 PM

1,058 posts, read 1,159,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg_IA View Post
Chick-Fil-A Worker Verbally Assaulted by Guy Who Hates Hate - Katie Pavlich

What a jerk.

The guy is mean to a young woman who is politely serving him at Chick-fil-A, and he asks her how she can do what she does.
I agree and so did this guy's employer. It is one thing to not buy a product and even encourage your friends to not buy a product, but to harass someone working at a place like this is awful.

Tucson exec loses job over anti-Chick-fil-A rant in drive-thru

Old 08-02-2012, 06:27 PM

270 posts, read 522,450 times
[quote=Vic 2.0;25460953]Because the universe is still here? But I guess you have some reason to think it HAS?

It is still here? All kinds of atrocities have occurred over the centuries, yet the world is still here.

Old 08-02-2012, 06:29 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,687,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
I no more want to see heterosexuals doing a mass "kiss-in" than I want to see homosexuals doing that in a public eating establishment.

They won't be building any good will with that, that's for sure. Maybe driving even more people to vote against same sex marriage next time it's on the ballot in their state.

The gay community just doesn't understand the principles of good PR in our secular world. You don't get your way by stomping your feet, being outrageous, or getting in somebody's face with demands.

Old 08-02-2012, 06:40 PM

270 posts, read 522,450 times
Lining up to buy a chicken sandwich because you agree with the CEO is not immoral. Two gays kissing in public is committing an immoral act in public. So go ahead and prove that you are a bunch of immoral reprobates. It is not helping your cause. People who want to stand out are in need of something.

Old 08-02-2012, 06:42 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,993,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
I no more want to see heterosexuals doing a mass "kiss-in" than I want to see homosexuals doing that in a public eating establishment.

They won't be building any good will with that, that's for sure. Maybe driving even more people to vote against same sex marriage next time it's on the ballot in their state.

The gay community just doesn't understand the principles of good PR in our secular world. You don't get your way by stomping your feet, being outrageous, or getting in somebody's face with demands.

Well, I agree with what you say, but I don't think that this country is so "secular". It heavily borders on theocracy much more than any other first world/second world country.

Old 08-02-2012, 06:47 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,746,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
What a pompous a$$. lmao at him telling her that he was a good person and wasn't gay.
What's horrible is that he put that girl on the spot in the drive-thru video....

We all have opinions and I guess he expects her to voice hers on the JOB.... ...being recorded...so he can go home, post it on Facebook and stir the pot for an innocent worker...

Old 08-02-2012, 06:48 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,352,042 times
The guy should have been fired on the basis of stupidity alone. He doesn't know that the drive-thru cashier is just a grunt who doesn't have jack to do with what the company CEO does or says. He might as well have walked over to one of the trash cans in the Chick-Fil-A parking lot and said "I don't know how you live with yourself, Mr. Trash Can."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies