Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2012, 10:16 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,003,195 times

Advertisements

Originally Posted by wehotex
aren't you the one with the gay niece or stepdaughter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
And what would that have to do with anything?

wehotex:

Why are you so antagonistic towards gays when you have gay family members? Doesn't their happiness mean anything to you?
Do you enjoy contributing to a corp that diminishes her well being?

Old 08-04-2012, 10:21 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,892,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Why are you so antagonistic towards gays when you have gay family members? Doesn't their happiness mean anything to you?
Probably a lot. Personally, I think gays should be miserable too. Let them marry.

Old 08-04-2012, 10:26 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,353,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Are they unhappy? If so i didn't hear about it. I just had dinner with one of them the other day, she seemed happy. So when did it become my job to make people happy? If someone is not happy with their life they need to take control of it and make the changes needed to make for a better future.

Last edited by Roaddog; 08-04-2012 at 11:11 PM..

Old 08-04-2012, 10:27 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,892,870 times
Quote:
Are they unhappy? If so i didn't hear about it. I just had dinner with one of them the other day, she seemed happy.
Of course, she's single.

Old 08-04-2012, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Of course, she's single.

Old 08-04-2012, 11:56 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,921,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
However, the Chick Fil A president (or owner, CEO, whatever) simply spoke his personal beliefs about gay marriage. To my knowledge, Chick does not refuse to serve gays.
No, he doesn't refuse to serve gays, however, he does discriminate in who he allows to buy franchises. Would you want your kids interviewed before you were allowed to start a franchise?

The Cult of Chick-fil-A - Forbes.com

Quote:
Loyalty to the company isn't the only thing that matters to Cathy, who wants married workers, believing they are more industrious and productive. One in three company operators have attended Christian-based relationship-building retreats through WinShape at Berry College in Mount Berry, Ga. The programs include classes on conflict resolution and communication. Family members of prospective operators--children, even--are frequently interviewed so Cathy and his family can learn more about job candidates and their relationships at home. "If a man can't manage his own life, he can't manage a business," says Cathy, who says he would probably fire an employee or terminate an operator who "has been sinful or done something harmful to their family members.
At least one Muslim was fired because he would not participate in a Christian Prayer (the company settled out of court for an undisclosed amount). There is a current lawsuit by a woman who claims that the company demoted and then fired her so she could *stay home with her children.*

He gives money to very anti-gay groups.
The groups Chick-fil-A gives to include the Family Research Council and Exodus International, according to Equality Matters, an initiative associated with the progressive Watchdog group, Media Matters. The Family Research Council is designated as a hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center, while Exodus International is a Christian Ministry that has long endorsed ex-gay therapy, a controversial practice of "curing" gay people that mainstream mental health organizations have disavowed.

David Badash: Chick-fil-A: 5 Reasons It Isn't What You Think

Old 08-05-2012, 12:02 AM

17,183 posts, read 22,921,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
I'd also like to hear the bit about rape wives.
Deuteronomy 22:28-29 NLT
If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father. Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her.

Deuteronomy 21:10-14 NAB "When you go out to war against your enemies and the LORD, your God, delivers them into your hand, so that you take captives, if you see a comely woman among the captives and become so enamored of her that you wish to have her as wife, you may take her home to your house. But before she may live there, she must shave her head and pare her nails and lay aside her captive's garb. After she has mourned her father and mother for a full month, you may have relations with her, and you shall be her husband and she shall be your wife. However, if later on you lose your liking for her, you shall give her her freedom, if she wishes it; but you shall not sell her or enslave her, since she was married to you under compulsion."

Old 08-05-2012, 12:57 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,334,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
No, he doesn't refuse to serve gays, however, he does discriminate in who he allows to buy franchises. Would you want your kids interviewed before you were allowed to start a franchise?

The Cult of Chick-fil-A - Forbes.com

At least one Muslim was fired because he would not participate in a Christian Prayer (the company settled out of court for an undisclosed amount). There is a current lawsuit by a woman who claims that the company demoted and then fired her so she could *stay home with her children.*

He gives money to very anti-gay groups.
The groups Chick-fil-A gives to include the Family Research Council and Exodus International, according to Equality Matters, an initiative associated with the progressive Watchdog group, Media Matters. The Family Research Council is designated as a hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center, while Exodus International is a Christian Ministry that has long endorsed ex-gay therapy, a controversial practice of "curing" gay people that mainstream mental health organizations have disavowed.

David Badash: Chick-fil-A: 5 Reasons It Isn't What You Think
And we are to accept The Southern Poverty Law Center as the final unbiased authority? I don't think so. It has been discredited in this thread more than once. Look back a few pages. And Media Matters? A left-wing media PAC, nothing more. Even Ed Schulz rags on them for their cheapjack bias cloaked in "watchdog" skins:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1589488.html

The only 'hating" that has been going around here has been initiated by the so-called "progressives", with their hatred for Christianity and for anyone who questions the validity of homosexual behavior as the be-all and end-all of existence -- and a phenomenon which would demand that the state decide who can or cannot conduct a private business, based on their political beliefs.

Far from framing this as some sort of human rights issue, the repellent statements of the SPLC, the mayors of Chicago and Boston, and the anti-Chick-Fil-A voices on this Forum, reflect a profound contempt for the First Amendment guarantees of free speech, and guarantee increased customer support for Chick-Fil-A.

Strange how the secularists get all up-in-arms about religion when it offends their secular beliefs. Why does the issue become an existential threat to the gay community whenever someone disagrees with them? It is not up to elected officials or activists to decide whether a legitimate business can grow and prosper if it fails to meet the so-called values of a political group or party.

Ask yourself the question; why are gays always in need of affirmation from the very people who disagree with them? Have they no self-esteem or self-respect? Gay pride ought to be more than a parade. It ought to foster a little dignity and tolerance for the rights of others.

Last edited by Yeledaf; 08-05-2012 at 01:57 AM..

Old 08-05-2012, 04:33 AM

6,486 posts, read 6,390,223 times
Quote:
Is that what you think? Unlike you I'm not a mind reader but i believe he said between a man and a woman but then you knew that.
Ohh, so he's not really standing up for traditional marriage, just the heterosexual aspect of it (at times including polygamy and pedophilia). He just wanted to make it sound noble by leaving this clarification out, gotcha.

Old 08-05-2012, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
Ohh, so he's not really standing up for traditional marriage, just the heterosexual aspect of it (at times including polygamy and pedophilia). He just wanted to make it sound noble by leaving this clarification out, gotcha.
Like I said, I'm not a mind reader, I'll leave that up to you. Your good at telling others what they mean. In the end it doesn't matter because your boycott backfired.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies