Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2012, 03:27 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,398,798 times

Advertisements

That's a great show of support for freedom of speech and religion and a big flop for the intolerant of such.

Old 08-01-2012, 03:28 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,060,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Do you understand the concept of a franchise ?
Of course, I understand what constitutes a franchise. Bottom line is that the franchisee must meet the standards of the headquarters. If a franchisee does not meet the standards, moral, quality, etc, I would think that it might be a cause for termination of the contract.

Old 08-01-2012, 03:28 PM

8,323 posts, read 15,208,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Grilled Chicken sandwich FTW!
Quote:
290 Calories
4g Fat
1g Saturated Fat
0g Trans Fat
60mg Cholesterol
780mg Sodium
36g Carbohydrates
3g Fiber
9g Sugar
28g Protein
It's not terribly bad. It's got an awful lot of sodium in it - more than 1-2 days for me. It's also pretty high in carbs for one meal.

Now, if you add a small fry:

Quote:
590 Calories
20g Fat
4g Saturated Fat
0g Trans Fat
60mg Cholesterol
900mg Sodium
73g Carbohydrates
5g Fiber
9g Sugar
31g Protein

Old 08-01-2012, 03:30 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,748,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Of course, I understand what constitutes a franchise. Bottom line is that the franchisee must meet the standards of the headquarters. If a franchisee does not meet the standards, moral, quality, etc, I would think that it might be a cause for termination of the contract.
So you are then assuming that all franchises must be anti gay ?

24,538 posts, read 33,436,334 times
It's not "conservatives going nuts."

It's conservatives showing support. Which is what I did yesterday...

Status: "Just think, a Buc-ee's replacing an old Buc-ee's." (set 9 days ago)

52,798 posts, read 48,203,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
Tea Party favorite Ted Cruz served Chick-fil-A at his victory party last night.

Man, they sure look good!

Also a major victory for all conservatives who want to revive America. Let's rock the Senate.

Old 08-01-2012, 03:33 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,415,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
You were the one that brought up gluttony and that is not a sin of eating, it is a sin of eating in excess. You seemed to avoid the "excess" part in an attempt to validate your emotional anger.
Well no, I wasn't the one who brought up gluttony...

I was the one who brought up how Chick-Fil-A supports the sin of lying

And suffice to say the context of that conversation was about how fast food restaurants are fattening in general (right or wrong).

Quote:
Your question is irrational. You acknowledge it is wrong in the Bible, then you understand why people do not condone it and then you ask why people do not support measures that respect and condone it? You aren't making any sense.
No. I understand fully that some people are against gay marriage because the bible calls it wrong. But I disagree with people blaming it on the bible because they're choosing what "sins" to oppose and what "sins" to tolerate. The question was, "How can someone deny having a personal prejudice against gays when they are only opposed to this one group of 'sinners' getting married or adopting and no other?" You see, the bible calls MANY things wrong, and this is the only group of "sinners" you guys like to pick on. That means you're going to keep getting called hateful, homophobic bigots. You demonstrate opposition against gays more than any other group of "sinners".

Did God condone and respect disobedience of him by placing the tree of the knowledge of good and evil right in front of Adam and Eve? No. He told them not to eat of it and allowed them the freedom to choose. Why have Christians deviated so far from the example (who they claim is) their "Lord" has set?

Old 08-01-2012, 03:37 PM

270 posts, read 523,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
The arrogance displayed in that statment is appalling. A certain group of people that believes in a fundamentalist, literal interpretation of a Bronze Age book of fairy tales may agree with you, but that is not even close to "about all".

For many people the very concept of sin is absurd. If there is no god, how can there be any sin?
I find it funny every time someone mentions how old the Bible is as an a defense against it. Some of the best and most factual books in the world are very old. And because something is new certainly does not make it good. If you do not want to believe in your Creator, that is your problem. But please come up with a better point to argue that the Bible's age.

Old 08-01-2012, 03:38 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,060,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
So you are then assuming that all franchises must be anti gay ?
Come on, happytexan, you are from the South just like me. Don't you think that the good ol southern boys (Cathys) personally do a background check, meet the prospective franchisees' family members, find out which church they worship at, etc? They are very selective in the awarding of their franchises. They can afford to pick and choose who they want. The franchisees don't necessarily have to be "anti-gay" as you state, but they are certainly on the conservative side of the spectrum.
They dang sure aren't going to pick a flaming liberal to run one of their stores!

Old 08-01-2012, 03:38 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,280,175 times
Quote:
It says it is a sin. We all sin, some of us can admit when we do, others... well...
So why aren't ALL "sinners" being banned from marriage?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies