Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2012, 05:52 PM

2,223 posts, read 5,497,976 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
You said it was in there... where is it?

You obviously missed the sarcasm. There, now you know what it was.

I already know what abnormal behavior means. And, hopefully, homosexual "marriage" will never be recognized on a federal level.

That's an unreasonable assumption. Every year, more and more states allow it. Every year, more and more people support it. People become more liberal over time. 500 years ago, they were much more conservative than today and much more conservative than 200 years ago. 10 years ago, no state had gay marriage or civil unions. Today, it's a lot of states that do. Today, people are more liberal than 10 years ago when it comes to gay marriage.

Above

Old 08-01-2012, 05:53 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,408,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel12 View Post
Not all sins are created equal. Christianity has a concept of cardinal sins, sins are more grave than others. Its not about cherry picking your sins....
(I can't believe I'm about to say this. And apologies to all my fellow critical thinkers...)

Scripture please.

Oh, and be sure to provide one that supports your argument that breaking a cardinal sin is worse than breaking one of the Ten Commandments, because I've never heard of a Christian opposing marriage involving people who work on the Sabbath day...

Last edited by Vic 2.0; 08-01-2012 at 06:04 PM..

Old 08-01-2012, 05:54 PM

24,865 posts, read 24,452,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Oh, I see... just more attacks.

I've yet to see the response to any of the repeated requests as to why people who use the religious argument, pick homosexuality as the line in the sand, yet break every other rule of the bible that they hold so dear.

Old 08-01-2012, 05:55 PM

1,440 posts, read 1,173,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
you are assuming that everybody is only concerned about the "gay issue".

some of us are supporting the right of a shop owner to express his opinion without jackass government leaders bearing down on him.

i am for free market WITHOUT government intervention. (so yes, individuals boycotting places where they don't agree with the owner is perfectly fine, just like i would boycott a michael vick restaurant-for many reasons really. )

i am glad to see that people still support freedom of speech in this country, and it was a good day for freedom of speech in this country.
Thank you. My feelings exactly.

Old 08-01-2012, 05:58 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,737,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glucorious View Post
Above
You still didn't learn how to use the quote feature. How can I comment on "Above" ???? You make it difficult. Is that on purpose?

I went back and copied your comments:
That's an unreasonable assumption. Every year, more and more states allow it. Every year, more and more people support it. People become more liberal over time. 500 years ago, they were much more conservative than today and much more conservative than 200 years ago. 10 years ago, no state had gay marriage or civil unions. Today, it's a lot of states that do. Today, people are more liberal than 10 years ago when it comes to gay marriage.

Because "people become more liberal" then it's a good thing for society as a whole to say "anything goes"?

Old 08-01-2012, 06:00 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,214,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
You still didn't learn how to use the quote feature. How can I comment on "Above" ???? You make it difficult. Is that on purpose?

Because "people become more liberal" then it's a good thing for society as a whole to say "anything goes"?
Yep

Old 08-01-2012, 06:03 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,043,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
you are assuming that everybody is only concerned about the "gay issue".

some of us are supporting the right of a shop owner to express his opinion without jackass government leaders bearing down on him.

i am for free market WITHOUT government intervention. (so yes, individuals boycotting places where they don't agree with the owner is perfectly fine, just like i would boycott a michael vick restaurant-for many reasons really. )

i am glad to see that people still support freedom of speech in this country, and it was a good day for freedom of speech in this country.
Funny that you mention that. As I was walking up to CFA store, I heard one guy telling another that "they have a right to say what they feel". Are some of today's customers going today for that reason or the anti-gay reason? I find it odd that ppl are BRAGGING that they are going to CFA today. I just defriended a "facebook friend" who is always ultra-conservative on everything who of course just had to announce that she was at CFA. Can't they just do it quietly without drawing attention to it?

Old 08-01-2012, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post

First I "altered" your post, now I "didn't learn how to quote". If you can't make up your mind, then don't respond.

Also, "liberal dosen't mean "anything goes".

Old 08-01-2012, 06:07 PM

4,684 posts, read 5,016,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Funny that you mention that. As I was walking up to CFA store, I heard one guy telling another that "they have a right to say what they feel". Are some of today's customers going today for that reason or the anti-gay reason? I find it odd that ppl are BRAGGING that they are going to CFA today. I just defriended a "facebook friend" who is always ultra-conservative on everything who of course just had to announce that she was at CFA. Can't they just do it quietly without drawing attention to it?
Because they like supporting free speech. If you find that odd, it's time to hit your American history books again.

Good to know you defriended someone on Facebook, though, how interesting.

Old 08-01-2012, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecavsbrowns View Post
Because they like supporting free speech. If you find that odd, it's time to hit your American history books again.

Good to know you defriended someone on Facebook, though, how interesting.
Freedom of speech, huh?

https://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...e-rampage.html

You mean like this one? Apparently, conservatives do not like freedom of speech unless it's something they support.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies