Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2011, 03:55 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,420,208 times

Advertisements

Judge not lest you too be judged.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2011, 03:55 PM

674 posts, read 1,056,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
I grew up the church. I have a strong Christian background. However I admit that my lifestyle today does not match up to the true meaning of Christianity hence I do not go around claiming to be a Christian anymore because my life no longer reflect the full teachings of Christ.

I find the Republicans even when they are flaming sinners will walk around claiming to be Christians. They do everything opposite to the teachings of Christ yet claim to be followers of Christ. They are blinding hypocrites... Jesus warned against people like that in the scriptures.
So in other words, you're not a Christian. But you're going to tell other Christians exactly what they're doing wrong that makes them not a Christian?

Sounds like a Christian to me.

Old 12-18-2011, 03:56 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,764,994 times
Quote:
I grew up the church. I have a strong Christian background. However I admit that my lifestyle today does not match up to the true meaning of Christianity hence I do not go around claiming to be a Christian anymore because my life no longer reflect the full teachings of Christ.

I find that Republicans even when they are flaming sinners will walk around claiming to be Christians. They do everything opposite to the teachings of Christ yet claim to be followers of Christ. They are blinding hypocrites... Jesus warned against people like that in the scriptures.
Christians do not judge, I can see why you no longer claim to be one.............

Old 12-18-2011, 03:57 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,420,208 times
The hate on against Tim Tebow is astounding. The man lives in the United States and is free to express his faith. Move on.

Old 12-18-2011, 03:57 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,764,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWhopper View Post
I don't know. I do see your point regarding public displays of piety, but I don't think Tebow is doing it as some prideful display. He seems like a good kid. I do hate they way some are trying to make him out to be some right-wing poster boy, he seems to be staying out of politics himself. I say good for him.
The OP hates Christians and Conservatives, he thinks he's getting a twofer here.

Old 12-18-2011, 03:59 PM

1,604 posts, read 1,566,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWhopper View Post
I don't know. I do see your point regarding public displays of piety, but I don't think Tebow is doing it as some prideful display. He seems like a good kid. I do hate they way some are trying to make him out to be some right-wing poster boy, he seems to be staying out of politics himself. I say good for him.
I am more outraged at the right wingers than Tebow himself. That said, his overt public displays do go against the teachings of Christ. I think he also loves the right wing admiration and is very much trying to impress them with his displays. Such behavior is un-Christian according to the scriptures of God.

Old 12-18-2011, 04:00 PM

3,201 posts, read 3,860,256 times
I've heard the kids in New York "Leroy" in honor of their hero, Leroy from the 70's show Fame.

Old 12-18-2011, 04:00 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,194,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
That's like Al Capone saying that crime is bad.

Old 12-18-2011, 04:01 PM

1,604 posts, read 1,566,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
Amen but it would be nicer if you preach that to your conservative/republican friends as they are desperately in need of that reality check.

Old 12-18-2011, 04:01 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,012,772 times
Quote:

I find the Republicans even when they are flaming sinners will walk around claiming to be Christians. They do everything opposite to the teachings of Christ yet claim to be followers of Christ. They are blinding hypocrites... Jesus warned against people like that in the scriptures.
Get back to me when you can document the actions of spiritually bankrupt Democrats as being any more in keeping with scriptural teachings than those of spiritually bankrupt Republicans.

I keep hoping that one day people will wake up and realize their chosen political parties have no allegiance to the well being of their supporters other than the easily ignored promises they make during their campaigns. Your threads as well as those of the more vocal Republican and Democrat fanboys are a sad wake up call to the fallacy of my hopes.

Attempting to use religion for political gain is deceitful, wrong, and disrespectful no matter who is attempting to pervert religion to support their purposes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies