Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2011, 08:08 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times

Advertisements

Only these loons in office could screw stuff up so bad. Not to mention most of the food bought and tossed away is probably from folks on free lunch programs so that is just our tax dollars being dumped into the pooper yet again. The rest scour the halls looking for some thugs in the corner selling bags of frito's out of the camera's eye.

"Among other complaints, Vanderbok said salads dated Oct. 7 were served Oct. 17. (Binkle said the dates indicate when the food is at its highest quality, not when it goes bad. They have been removed to avoid misinterpretation.) On campus, even adults — including a Junior ROTC officer and an art teacher — have been found selling black market candy, chips and instant noodles to hungry students, she said.

"I compare it to Prohibition," Vanderbok said."

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-food-lausd-20111218,0,2593733.storyhttp://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-food-lausd-20111218,0,2593733.story (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2011, 08:10 AM

674 posts, read 1,055,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Only these loons in office could screw stuff up so bad. Not to mention most of the food bought and tossed away is probably from folks on free lunch programs so that is just our tax dollars being dumped into the pooper yet again. The rest scour the halls looking for some thugs in the corner selling bags of frito's out of the camera's eye.

"Among other complaints, Vanderbok said salads dated Oct. 7 were served Oct. 17. (Binkle said the dates indicate when the food is at its highest quality, not when it goes bad. They have been removed to avoid misinterpretation.) On campus, even adults — including a Junior ROTC officer and an art teacher — have been found selling black market candy, chips and instant noodles to hungry students, she said.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-food-lausd-20111218,0,2593733.storyhttp://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-food-lausd-20111218,0,2593733.story (broken link)
I'd say a salad that's 10 days past "fresh" would be nasty. I'd be buying candy too if I were a kid.

Old 12-19-2011, 08:21 AM

3,064 posts, read 2,639,314 times
Quote:

Link doesn't work so I can't read the article but I imagine you've summed it up pretty well. Sounds disgusting and, as usual, a waste of tax payers' money. Oh the paved road to he...

Old 12-19-2011, 08:21 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,171,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FurbyThug View Post
Roflamo "black market" kids have been selling candy and chips to other kids at school for as long as I can remember.
"Prohibition" so how many mafias and murders are a direct result of these ruthless candy and chip dealers? Hahaha
I know a made a good buck in high school selling Pocky. Bought in bulk (circa $.20/box) and sold them for $1-$2 each.

Old 12-19-2011, 08:31 AM

6,757 posts, read 8,285,986 times
Oh, the outrage! Those poor, hungry children, deprived of their junk food ... oh, wait ...

Nevermind.

Old 12-19-2011, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurbyThug View Post
Roflamo "black market" kids have been selling candy and chips to other kids at school for as long as I can remember.
"Prohibition" so how many mafias and murders are a direct result of these ruthless candy and chip dealers? Hahaha

When you take stuff like this, positive stuff, helping kids get healthy and blow it out of proportion with idiot accusations you make every conservative look like an idiot.

I bet you really are a liberal trying to make conservatives look bad, because I just can't fathom someone actually being this stupid.
I didn't make any accusations. Red the link if you want to see who is. I don't work for school districts but am smart enough to know you can't make kids eat what they don't want to. You on the other hand.........

Old 12-19-2011, 08:37 AM

4,255 posts, read 3,480,513 times
Selling candy is what put money in pocket thru the 8th grade. Hoof a mile on my bike every afternoon , then double my money the next day at school.

Old 12-19-2011, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctrain View Post
Link doesn't work so I can't read the article but I imagine you've summed it up pretty well. Sounds disgusting and, as usual, a waste of tax payers' money. Oh the paved road to he...
Try it now........

L.A. schools' healthful school lunches panned by LAUSD students - latimes.com

Old 12-19-2011, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rita Mordio View Post
I know a made a good buck in high school selling Pocky. Bought in bulk (circa $.20/box) and sold them for $1-$2 each.
Yeah but nowdays they had candy machines and coke machines etc. so the black market was shut down. Away they went and now the backroom deals start up again.

Old 12-19-2011, 08:59 AM

3,064 posts, read 2,639,314 times
Quote:
That's better. Thanks. Now, I got to read about the moldy noodles and undercooked meat!!!

The schools should just serve basics that are semi-healthy and can't be screwed up too badly, like fresh fruit, veggies, bagels & cheese & soup. Forget all the attempts at multiculturism with cafeteria quality Thai Noodles, Caribbean sauces, vegetable curry, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies