Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which Minority has the worst entitlement mentality?
African Americans 87 48.33%
Hispanic/Latinos 8 4.44%
Muslims 7 3.89%
Gays/Lesbians 13 7.22%
Other 65 36.11%
Voters: 180. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2011, 08:51 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,481,395 times

Advertisements

I vote Other: Veterans/Active military and their dependents.

Old 12-20-2011, 08:59 AM

8,390 posts, read 11,606,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhAcid View Post
This place has a huge obsession with race.

The use of the word "minority" in itself perpetuates the problem. As does distinguishing people based upon their ethnicity.

Do you know how often my generation (which is a very young generation) is concerned with racial demographics or statistics based upon minorities? Or even uses the word "minority"? - Hardly ever. Because we were all raised in a world where separate but equal is still very much alive, only in a "good" way.

Black people can do this and white people can do this and latino people can do this and asians can do this. The moral of the story is that everyone can do "this" - so why is there a need to single out one ethnicity for something that applies to all Americans everywhere?

It doesn't matter if you're not a racist - the idea is that there is still a distinction between people based upon genetic factors beyond their control that aren't important at all; we all think, feel and learn regardless of color or origin. Being people makes us the same, focusing on race makes us all different - even when the intentions are good.

So why is the topic of race and minorities always being discussed. It's glorified, indirect racism.
I seriously heard music in the background while reading your post. lol

Old 12-20-2011, 09:01 AM

605 posts, read 705,307 times
I picked "Other". A lot of over-privileged, Caucasian people think they are in the minority who are not getting a "fair shake" out of life. Their parents may have worked their asses off and they think that they should get the same or more than their parents have gotten without working the same, or harder.

Then they also cry and whine that minorities, who statistically do not have the same socioeconomic advantages, get assistance to access to the same educational resources so that they can find work, so that one day, their kids can also cry and whine about working hard like their parents did.

I am, of course, speaking about what I have seen in my experiences as I travel across the U.S for the past 7 years, working in education.

Old 12-20-2011, 09:02 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
BEFORE you start and claim I am racist, I am a minority female myself who is just sick and tired of all the minorities in this country crying and complaining for no reason. If your "group" is disadvantaged, instead of crying about it, why don't you WORK TOGETHER to fix it?

My father came here and worked his ass off without a single penny from welfare.

Yes, I know. Whites have the entitlement mentality too but I still think minorities (especially those from 3rd world cultures) have it worse. But THEY ARE NOT A MINORITY. Come on now!

And NO, this is not a troll thread. Not saying these phrases stereotype every member of the group. Just giving the most common cries of being victimized by them.

RESULTS ARE PUBLIC, FYI!!!

__________________________________________________ ____________________________________________

So my options are (no particular order):

1) African Americans- "The White Man has kept us down for so long! Obama gonna pay for my gas and mortgage. I have 15 kids and SOMEONE has to pay up for me!! People owe me because my grandfathers great grandpa was a slave! Wah!!"

2) Hispanic/Latinos- "We deserve every right to be here despite the fact that we broke this nations laws and gave birth to babies that weren't even supposed to be here. We want welfare, healthcare and food stamps and more. We pray the people of the USA listen to god (pull out THAT card again, now why don't we?) and open their hearts (even though we kill our own illegals)! We DREAM (yuck)! Wah!"

3) Muslims- "Lowes pulled their ad from our show. Wah! They hate us! How dare Abercrombie and Fitch fire me for not letting me wear a Hijab in their store which is obviously not conservative? Why do Americans hate us so much......we want to build a mosque right by Ground Zero!! Wait, you named your Teddy Bear Muhammed? WE KILL YOU! You looked at me the wrong way? YOU ARE AN ISLAMOPHOBE! HOW DARE YOU! YOU ARE ALL IGNORANT. We are always the victims. 100 percent! WAH! "

4) Gays and lesbians-(NOTE I AM 100 PERCENT FOR GAY MARRIAGE AND RIGHTS) "We have the plight similar to African Americans! Everyone should be ok with seeing some boy on boy or girl on girl actions. What is wrong with that? I do not understand why anyone would be opposed! Wah!"

5) Other- Can't think of any other groups. Post them if you want!

I have to say that Chinese and Indians despite being minorities are more focused on being productive and improving themselves. If you can think of any of their entitlement mentality cries, post them. Is this why India and China are owning it...?
What a skin crawling bunch of racist stereotyping claptrap!

Which minority has the worst entitlement mentality?

Correct Answer:The Wealthiest 1% of Americans....wonder what color they all are?????

Old 12-20-2011, 09:06 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post

Correct Answer:The Wealthiest 1% of Americans....wonder what color they all are?????
you mean oprah winfrey and herman cain?

Old 12-20-2011, 09:09 AM

605 posts, read 705,307 times
Why not list others? Why not women, seniors, disabled people, etc.? According to your words, I guess they ALL cry and whine? People are still fighting their battles to overcome adversity. One of my co-workers pointed out last week that it was only in the 1970s that married women were allowed to get credit under their own name.

Old 12-20-2011, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
the OP is Indian and may very well be dark complected. just FYI..

did you just call her a 'stupid white person' ?
Oh, no, I just called stupid white people stupid white people. Notice I said "stupid". Which could apply to any other on the list.
She has OTHER as a category. I just picked that one. Seriously, out of all the threads on here most are not on her list. I guess I'd have to say gay second, woman 3rd. Which I noticed was not on her list as a minority either, even though she is for women's rights curiously enough.
Just my opinion.
I don't see a lot of black people screaming entitlement on here, but I do notice a lot of stupid white people voicing their fear of becoming the dreaded minority in America when the Mexicans take over.
I'm quite surprised by the poll numbers actually. I guess it's the historic slave thing. I can't believe blacks are still considered the worst in the entitlement group. I don't see that at all, I guess I work and live around a lot of successful African Americans. lol I never hear them scream for much of anything except a new beamer.

Old 12-20-2011, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annilyna View Post
Why not list others? Why not women, seniors, disabled people, etc.? According to your words, I guess they ALL cry and whine? People are still fighting their battles to overcome adversity. One of my co-workers pointed out last week that it was only in the 1970s that married women were allowed to get credit under their own name.
I have to agree with this. We are such a young country it's not quite time for everyone to forget what they had suppressed. I don't know why we care, I guess it's guilt.

Old 12-20-2011, 09:15 AM

13,651 posts, read 20,780,689 times
Which minority has the worst entitlement mentality?

My liberal, upper-middle-class, highly educted white neighbors are the most whiny, demanding, histrionic tribe out there.

Old 12-20-2011, 09:20 AM

4,255 posts, read 3,480,513 times
One could clear things up and post some REAL statistics, but that may let folks see things they would rather not see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies