Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2011, 10:36 PM

1,438 posts, read 1,147,460 times

Advertisements

This is one of the worst threads I've ever been on! It is pointless, considering that the only way that Obama has succeeded is screwing up America even more than Bush did, I guess he wanted to insure that the next POTUS will blame him just as much, if not more, than he has blamed Bush jr. I mean who would blame the guy/girl really?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2011, 11:36 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,661,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personwhoisaperson View Post
This is one of the worst threads I've ever been on! It is pointless, considering that the only way that Obama has succeeded is screwing up America even more than Bush did, I guess he wanted to insure that the next POTUS will blame him just as much, if not more, than he has blamed Bush jr. I mean who would blame the guy/girl really?
Don't be scared, person. Embrace the success.

Old 12-22-2011, 11:51 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,837,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hnsq View Post
Since when has the other party not obstructed their opponents?

Neither party plays well in groups. To put things in perspective, Obama's approval rating and Bush's approval rating after one term are roughly the same.
not according to republicans

Old 12-22-2011, 11:53 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,837,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynternight View Post
Great man??? Bhhwahahahahahaha!! Ok.

He's been very successful at spending beyond our means, driving the national debt through the roof to the tune of 4 trillion more since his immaculation. He's very successful at reading from his teleprompter. He's very successful at dividing the nation with his class warfare rhetoric. The man is a failure and the sooner he's gone the better off we'll be.

F.O.H

Old 12-23-2011, 06:05 AM

46,328 posts, read 27,166,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Don't be scared, person. Embrace the success.
LOL.....success....yea....right....

Old 12-23-2011, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
LOL.....success....yea....right....
I don't know why you're fighting it, chuck. Get in touch with your inner Obama. Open your arms and receive the success that Obama brings.

Old 12-23-2011, 06:16 AM

17,403 posts, read 11,995,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
SAVING jobs is different from CREATING jobs, BIG difference

You're right. Creating jobs is a tangible, and the administration can be held accountable. Saving jobs is smoke and mirrors, and can be lied about.

Old 12-23-2011, 06:21 AM

46,328 posts, read 27,166,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
I don't know why you're fighting it, chuck. Get in touch with your inner Obama. Open your arms and receive the success that Obama brings.
It's only to irritate you....you can embrace obama if you would like, but I'm not into man hugs.....

But, it would be interesting to know what all this success is? I'm sure you can provide, some guidance into these successes....

Is it the 8%+ unemployement "new norm".
Is it the obstruction of the new oil pipe line, all thoes jobs lost?
Is it the Trillion $$$ stimulas that was supposed to be for all those job creations?
Or what about the shovel ready jobs, which obama and his staff laughed directly i your face west?

Please enlighten us....

Old 12-23-2011, 06:32 AM

1,571 posts, read 2,002,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
Since this great man has been inaugurated, Republicans have done nothing but be unreasonable in obstructing this President. What are they afraid of? Could his plans for the country be any worse than the disaster that Republicans represented for 8 horrific years of George Bush? Are they so afraid of the enormous SUCCESS that they know this man can bring, that being unreasonable, petty, trite obstructionists is the only way they can feel relevant?
In the first place, you're making the very same mistake that the majority of Americans are making.

Gasoline prices in 1966 were between 17 and 22 cents a gallon. Income was between $6,000 and $10,000 a year. That means that in less then 50 years, gasoline has gone up almost 2100%. Look at other expenses like food, insurance (car insurance premiums and health insurance premiums), utilities, etc

Now, compare that with the increase in income. The average American is still around $40,000. An increase of only 400% Yet, executive income has gone up some 600% just in the last 20 years. Bush didn't do that. Most of it was done before he was governor of Texas.

Now, as to Obama's performance, a couple of months ago, he stated that "middle-class Americans" can not wait another 14 months. The fact of the matter is that middle-class Americans could not wait another 14 months while Bush was still in office. But, was that a priority when he moved into the Oval Office? First was to bailout the financial institutions... The same people that donated the most money to his campaign. "FAILURE SHALL NOT BE REWARDED." But, did you hear one word from him when AIG gave millions upon millions of that bailout money as bonuses to their executives. Seems to me like that's a reward for failure.

Gee, then the Healthcare Bill. Make certain that the insurance companies have a good income from their policies. It's against the law not to have insurance, even if your kids will not have the proper nutrition. And, middle-class Americans get to wait another 14 months.

Where has this joker been for the last 3 years while Americans have to wait for him to get ready?

Old 12-23-2011, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
It's only to irritate you....you can embrace obama if you would like, but I'm not into man hugs.....

But, it would be interesting to know what all this success is? I'm sure you can provide, some guidance into these successes....

Is it the 8%+ unemployement "new norm".
Is it the obstruction of the new oil pipe line, all thoes jobs lost?
Is it the Trillion $$$ stimulas that was supposed to be for all those job creations?
Or what about the shovel ready jobs, which obama and his staff laughed directly i your face west?

Please enlighten us....
Success, chuck -- you, embrace.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies