Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2011, 05:55 AM

3,457 posts, read 3,628,316 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzpost View Post
Don't keep up with current or even not so current events do you? Google is your friend. TRY IT.

Globalism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

One meaning is the attitude or policy of placing the interests of the entire world above those of individual nations.[1] Another is viewing the entire world as a proper sphere for one nation to project political influence.[2]

American political scientist Joseph Nye, co-founder of the international relations theory of neoliberalism, argues that globalism refers to any description and explanation of a world which is characterized by networks of connections that span multi-continental distances

ok... clear as mud. I have friends in Europe, I guess that makes me a "globalist" ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2011, 06:09 AM

3,390 posts, read 4,957,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletus Awreetus-Awrightus View Post
Globalism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

One meaning is the attitude or policy of placing the interests of the entire world above those of individual nations.[1] Another is viewing the entire world as a proper sphere for one nation to project political influence.[2]

American political scientist Joseph Nye, co-founder of the international relations theory of neoliberalism, argues that globalism refers to any description and explanation of a world which is characterized by networks of connections that span multi-continental distances

ok... clear as mud. I have friends in Europe, I guess that makes me a "globalist" ?
Apparently reading comprehension is not your forte? Your research skills also appear to be somewhat lacking as well.

You went out and looked on Wikipedia...

APPLAUSE!

You read into it what you wanted to support a narrow-minded view. BTW, that means you have limited scope, and cognitive abilities are also somewhat lacking, but I digress.

Oh, this is too easy, like shooting fish in a barrel.

Your assignment for today is to research the Internet, possibly even <gasp> pick up a BOOK. Those are the things that libraries carry, and in the case of people with more than half a brain, EVEN KEPT IN THEIR OWN HOME.

Anyhow, go read up and then get back to me.

Mmmmkay?

Old 12-27-2011, 06:14 AM

wow that's a lot of words. it would've been much easier to just give me your version of what this word, "globalism" means. you sound angry.

Old 12-27-2011, 08:56 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,996,363 times
Quote:
wow that's a lot of words. it would've been much easier to just give me your version of what this word, "globalism" means. you sound angry.
Yes, evidently some people prefer making ad hominem attacks rather than discuss issues. They obviously think it's clever but it's usually a personality weakness on their part.

Old 12-27-2011, 09:43 PM

1,435 posts, read 1,555,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
This guy is hilarious. Is he paranoid or something?

Alex's Emotional Breakdown! - YouTube
He was definitley acting. Alex Jones is a nut...but like most nuts, his rantings do have an element of truth to them.

Although, I don't know what his problem is with the CPS. I have witnessed kids being physically abused and thanked God that CPS got involved after I called them. They have the worse job in the world: they're damned if they do, and damned if they don't. If they pull a child from a home and we later find out there was no abuse, we say they over-reacted and hate them. If they are cautious and don't immediately pull a child out of a home and the child is later found killed by abuse, we say they didn't react in time and hate them.....so let me ask: What do you want CPS to do??? Or should we just let kids get physically and sexually abused? It will just make them tougher, right??

As for the "globalist" part: he is partly right, I just don't believe in the NWO conspiracies he and his ilk lay out in intricate detail...

Old 12-27-2011, 09:46 PM

1,435 posts, read 1,555,714 times
Quote:
wow that's a lot of words. it would've been much easier to just give me your version of what this word, "globalism" means.
A unified, one world government and economy...the type a poster named jujulu advocated here...the end to regional, independent national sovereignty...a planetary EU....

More: We need one world, global government, and we need it now Go to page 7, post #63.

Old 12-28-2011, 09:40 AM

4,367 posts, read 3,489,729 times
Alex Jones reminds me of "Wes" from the movie The Survivors.

Old 12-28-2011, 02:42 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,322,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmforte View Post
A unified, one world government and economy...the type a poster named jujulu advocated here...the end to regional, independent national sovereignty...a planetary EU....

More: We need one world, global government, and we need it now Go to page 7, post #63.
That thread made me want to start screaming but I didn't manage to get in it soon enough so I stayed away from it. I don't think many people who support the UN wholeheartedly really understand what they want. One of jujulu's points had to do with climate change and how a globalist government could take care of the whole green thing with no trouble. Maybe some of the progs here just can't see what that is all about. I say that especially for the way they defend the whole Agenda 21 plan without really nowing anything about it.

Old 12-28-2011, 04:17 PM

i support free immigration and free trade as matters of basic freedom.

i think we have a global economy, and we've had one since at least the indian spice trade or humans crossing the bering land strait thousands of years ago.

that said, the UN, and "One World Government" is a terrible idea, and the 11 pages or so of, "You're an idiot", directed at the last person who suggested it on this forum tells me it is not a popular idea , either.

i'm sure there's some sort of elite who make an effort to run the world. my town has one of those, my DMV even does it, so i have no doubt that there are various groups of rich people out there vying for their piece of the pie.

Old 12-28-2011, 04:18 PM

1,707 posts, read 6,216,332 times
Alex Jones is a total nut. He puts tinfoil over his tinfoil hats. I'm sure of it.

On rare occasion, he stumbles onto something truthful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies