Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2011, 10:07 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
Guess you prefer the soft racism of low expectations that's become characteristic of the Democratic Party.
Chill with the tired phrases, sayings and talking points that come straight out of the Republican Radio Talk show archives. "Soft bigotry of low expectations," blah, blah.....

Whatever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2011, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMe View Post
No, friend, here's the truth. It is the Democrat Party that is hostile to Blacks. Don't just listen to their words. Look at their deeds. Democrat policies have made Blacks second class citizens in their own country. In the matter of education they have supported teachers' unions over the needs of black children with the result that most never graduate from high school or, if they graduate, they are functionally illiterate. Democrat policies have created welfare dependency as a way of life for the majority of Blacks. What Democrats have done to Blacks since LBJ's Great Society is worse than Jim Crow and is as bad as slavery itself. But, you know, keep voting Democrat.
Don't worry, i will.

Old 12-27-2011, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
Please. The fact that blacks and minorities have been USED by the Democratic Party for years is shameful and its sad how you and other
minorities are just fine being used and seen as "victims". If that is how
you want to view your lives and your existence then fine, but it sure
isnt anything to be proud of.
I'm being used?

Ok. I have a nice life. Good Job. Nice wife. good kid. A few nickels in the bank. A fairly nice home. I'm happy, and satisfied with my life thus far. I think i'm living the American Dream.

So now, tell me how i'm being used. Go for it. I GOTTA hear this.

Old 12-27-2011, 10:17 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,858,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Oh FB..did you even read the OP article ?
Race baiting by our DOJ ?

From the OP link..no "race baiting" whatsoever..it's there in black and white.
The DOJ thinks Blacks can't make the right choice unless that big "D" is next to their names.

From OP link:
"The Justice Department prevented the 2008 referendum change, arguing in part that “the elimination of party affiliation on the ballot will likely reduce the ability of blacks to elect candidates of choice.”
I did, as pretty much always, read the link. Your interpretation of what you quoted, is flawed. Or, is it that "can't make" has the same meaning as "reduce the ability"?

Old 12-27-2011, 10:19 AM

2,440 posts, read 3,431,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
You... speak for everyone, make sweeping statements knowing how millions of people think and play the race card...
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Nah...you simply can't handle the truth. And that truth is: Blacks aren't going to vote for Republicans in any real numbers worth talking about.
The Republican Party is openly hostile towards blacks. I didn't play the race card. I told the truth. Take it how you want.
But isnt this thread itself kinda "playing the race card??" Sure some people no matter what ethnicity, embellish and exxagerate. But what I mean otherwise is, why is that when black people ligitimately cite some injustice or inequity, they are accused of joking around with some playing card, as if non black people are supposed to know better about how black people should percieve and feel about experiences unique only to them? Whats next? Will men start dictating to women how they should experience childbirth?

Old 12-27-2011, 10:19 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,935,751 times
Quote:
I'm being used?

Ok. I have a nice life. Good Job. Nice wife. good kid. A few nickels in the bank. A fairly nice home. I'm happy, and satisfied with my life thus far. I think i'm living the American Dream.

So now, tell me how i'm being used. Go for it. I GOTTA hear this.
Everyone that votes strictly on party lines is being used. Divide Americans and distract them from the real issues is a plan that has worked tremendously until now.

If you notice, nothing ever really changes. Republicans and Democrats both love war and the economic system the Fed controls which allows for endless war and welfare.

END THE WAR ON DRUGS
END ALL WARS ABROAD
END THE FED

RON PAUL 2012

Old 12-27-2011, 10:22 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,360,856 times
Quote:
Find the race threads and read the Republican posters.

What other conclusions should i draw?
This is such a flippant comment that I debate whether it's even worth a reply. You've obviously made up your mind that you hate a certain group of people. It's not a reasoned position, so it's probably a waste of time to try to reason you out of it. Nonetheless I offer this example. Read the OP, and then tell me that I'm a racist.

Pres. Obama's legacy on race relations.

Old 12-27-2011, 10:27 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I did, as pretty much always, read the link. Your interpretation of what you quoted, is flawed. Or, is it that "can't make" has the same meaning as "reduce the ability"?
Reduce the ability ? If there's no D next to their name they can't make good choices ?

The DOJ is coming out saying Blacks don't know how to vote unless there is a big "D" next to a politician's name.

That's an insult to all Blacks in my book. No mention of Hispanics so I guess they know how to vote.

Old 12-27-2011, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
This is such a flippant comment that I debate whether it's even worth a reply. You've obviously made up your mind that you hate a certain group of people. It's not a reasoned position, so it's probably a waste of time to try to reason you out of it. Nonetheless I offer this example. Read the OP, and then tell me that I'm a racist.

Pres. Obama's legacy on race relations.
There wasn't a damn thing flippant about my comment. I was serious as brain cancer. It's TOTALLY reasonable.

One only needs to find the race threads, and read the comments from the overwhelming majority of Republicans/Conservatives. Why shouldn't i draw reasonable opinions from these posts? It's not just on C-D, but any website discussing the same topics. It's pretty clear who my antagonists are. They don't hide it.

Old 12-27-2011, 10:29 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,858,215 times
The article was clearly written for race baiting purposes, IMHO. The intent was to get someone, whether wittingly or unwittingly, to perpetuate it on social media. But, regardless, it is still race baiting and serves no other purpose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies