Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2011, 03:02 PM

41,325 posts, read 45,016,441 times

Advertisements

Quote:
For months, we have been working with Mercer Health & Benefits LLC, our health-care consultant, to identify Obamacare’s potential financial impact on CKE. Mercer estimated that when the law is fully implemented our health-care costs will increase about $18 million a year. That would put our total health-care costs at $29.8 million, a 150 percent increase from the roughly $12 million we spent last year.
There is so much uncertainty and detrimental consequences from obamacare on the business community.

No wonder why it's still so unpopular.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2011, 03:24 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,843,936 times
I 'thought' that we settled this cr@p days ago!

My last response:
Quote:
Same garbage manipulation of the numbers that this administration uses in their.. "Unemployment is down" statistics!
We are going to see more and more of this cr@p, the closer to election time we get!

1 Unit Housing Starts Actually FELL 11.25% in November!

What is being built is 5+ unit multi-family housing. To see these jump by 25% is amazing. What it reveals is that:

1) Fewer people can afford conventional mortgages to purchase single family homes.

2) A lot of them will be accepting section 8 and other subsidies, so the government teat continues to expand.

3) Builders build these units in down times to stay busy, especially if they are linked to a developer - build what will generate some income.

4) The glut of REO’s continues to sit and rot.

Looks like a Herding of the Sheeple into manageable housing blocks to me!

Old 12-29-2011, 03:35 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,888,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post

My last response:
Only in your delusion. The housing is what is being demanded right now. For several reasons, single family homes are still out of reach to many. Plus, you may want to update you talking point list, on the Section 8 "option".

Old 12-29-2011, 03:36 PM

233 posts, read 754,007 times
yes the economy improved today, and has been doing better for the past couple months, hm gee, wonder why..?

is it going to improve like everyone is sitting around twiddling their thumbs waiting for the media to tell us it is okay again...? NOPE

everyone knows that europe is toast...next up is America, it is clearly already beginning...

this is why Ron Paul is our only choice.

good luck country men.

Old 12-29-2011, 03:38 PM

Quote:

My last response:
Quote:
Same garbage manipulation of the numbers that this administration uses in their.. "Unemployment is down" statistics!
We are going to see more and more of this cr@p, the closer to election time we get!

1 Unit Housing Starts Actually FELL 11.25% in November!

What is being built is 5+ unit multi-family housing. To see these jump by 25% is amazing. What it reveals is that:

1) Fewer people can afford conventional mortgages to purchase single family homes.

2) A lot of them will be accepting section 8 and other subsidies, so the government teat continues to expand.

3) Builders build these units in down times to stay busy, especially if they are linked to a developer - build what will generate some income.

4) The glut of REO’s continues to sit and rot.

Looks like a Herding of the Sheeple into manageable housing blocks to me!
FACTS matter little to the obama cheerleaders in the media.

It's "up" from what? An utter disaster, that's what.

Old 12-29-2011, 03:39 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,626,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoPoliticsNoGamesJustMath View Post
yes the economy improved today, and has been doing better for the past couple months, hm gee, wonder why..?

is it going to improve like everyone is sitting around twiddling their thumbs waiting for the media to tell us it is okay again...? NOPE

everyone knows that europe is toast...next up is America, it is clearly already beginning...

this is why Ron Paul is our only choice.

good luck country men.
Hey..it's ONLY been 3 years. The recession has been over for only 2 years.
Give it more time.

Nothing happens overnight. Even the Great Depression took 4 years from the crash of '29 to be declared ('33).

Old 12-29-2011, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Hey..it's ONLY been 3 years. The recession has been over for only 2 years.
Give it more time.

Nothing happens overnight. Even the Great Depression took 4 years from the crash of '29 to be declared ('33).
I thought the 2007 recession ended in June of 2009...that's right, it did!

We are in the obama recession, a new one.

Old 12-29-2011, 03:49 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,878,463 times
Heaven forbid good news. The Repugs can't stand any of that. they want the country to fail. After their 8 years they sure were trying hard. Guess they are annoyed some of us thwarted their plans. Oh well deal, and get use to 4 more years of it.

Old 12-29-2011, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
Heaven forbid good news. The Repugs can't stand any of that. they want the country to fail. After their 8 years they sure were trying hard. Guess they are annoyed some of us thwarted their plans. Oh well deal, and get use to 4 more years of it.
WHAT good news?

Jobless claims are UP.

Old 12-29-2011, 04:05 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,843,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Only in your delusion. The housing is what is being demanded right now. For several reasons, single family homes are still out of reach to many. Plus, you may want to update you talking point list, on the Section 8 "option".
A shame that you use the Florida moniker in your user name but then again .. maybe not!

Being born and raised in south Florida, I can remember when the folks use to think for themselves, sought out 'facts' to bolster their opinions and were generally 'informed' when it came to the facts!

They weren't 'lackeys' for any one political party and they most certainty didn't 'parrot' the lame stream media as their talking/posting points.

I have taken some of my 'quality' time to put you on the very top of my ignore list and you should be honored .. You are the first!

If you ever find a need .. not to troll or to post where you're only posting to trash a conservative point of view and is not your only objective .. maybe we will converse once again!

Try facts sometime and folks will not mistake you for a troll!

Last edited by MrClose; 12-29-2011 at 04:51 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies