Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you feel it is correct to teach children that homosexuality is normal and natural?
Yes 292 50.34%
No 256 44.14%
I am unsure 32 5.52%
Voters: 580. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2012, 07:10 PM

18,430 posts, read 19,080,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by modeerf View Post
Oh religious thinking. What is that?

Do you believe in right and wrong?

Is there such a thing to you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
side stepping the question? as to your side step, of course I believe in right and wrong.
so can you debate the subject without religious "thinking"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2012, 07:11 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,992,664 times
Quote:
side stepping the question? as to your side step, of course I believe in right and wrong.
Not side stepping at all. Defining the game rules.

So if there is a right and wrong, what do you base your judgments on that make your decision the correct one?

Old 01-03-2012, 07:12 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,992,664 times
Quote:
so can you debate the subject without religious "thinking"?
What is your definition of religious thinking?

Old 01-03-2012, 07:19 PM

18,430 posts, read 19,080,831 times
Quote:

So if there is a right and wrong, what do you base your judgments on that make your decision the correct one?
Quote:
What is your definition of religious thinking?

gad, still won't answer the question I don't need to define the rules just answer the question. can you debate the subject at hand without resorting to religious thinking. don't play dumb you know what you have posted.

Old 01-03-2012, 07:29 PM

2,677 posts, read 2,622,139 times
Quote:
No case? So there is no such thing as a sexually transmitted disease?
Sure there is, but they're not quite the boogyman y'all make them out to be. Are there no such things as non-sexually transmitted diseases? Since the answer is obviously yes, shouldn't you be labeling handshakes as evil and immoral as well?

Old 01-03-2012, 08:07 PM

4,127 posts, read 5,075,468 times
Quote:

Being nihilistic, I'll field that one. Since I don't believe in right or wrong, I have preference.

I've often wondered about people who claim to be atheist yet adhere to undeniably spiritual concepts such as right and wrong. Right and wrong are nothing more than one person's preferences enforced through dogma onto others. But anyway....

Old 01-03-2012, 08:13 PM

2,677 posts, read 2,622,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Ryder View Post

I've often wondered about people who claim to be atheist yet adhere to undeniably spiritual concepts such as right and wrong. Right and wrong are nothing more than one person's preferences enforced through dogma onto others. But anyway....
I'm not an atheist, but am extremely anti-religion, but I don't see any logic with this statement. If anything, a pure atheist who believes death is the end of consciousness forever and ever would tend to value life more. A belief in life after death means you don't "end" someone even if you "kill" them.

Old 01-03-2012, 08:20 PM

4,127 posts, read 5,075,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DentalFloss View Post
I'm not an atheist, but am extremely anti-religion, but I don't see any logic with this statement. If anything, a pure atheist who believes death is the end of consciousness forever and ever would tend to value life more. A belief in life after death means you don't "end" someone even if you "kill" them.
What are you talking about? When did the value of life come in? Try re-reading my post because I think you're reading in something that isn't there.

Old 01-03-2012, 10:04 PM

521 posts, read 468,381 times
I think this thread has gone off track again

Old 01-04-2012, 12:12 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,414,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Maybe those attracted to sex in general...might want to get some control over the act of reckless abandon - when it comes to personal pleasure of any kind? I guess what I mean is no one is stating that human beings do NOT have to act on every little urge or attraction - BUT it seems there is modern social encouragment to act out in a 1960s manner "if it feels good do it" - I just don't think that homosexuality is a black and white or a cut and dry issue - sexuality is very complex and our attempt to label everything seems to stem from some sort of social panic....I just wish that society would move on...to more important things than what is between their legs and what they find attractive....A human being does not have to react to every thing on earth that is attractive - are we moths moving towards every flame or light?

I just hope that we evolve to the point of being more spiritual beings that just common and highly intelligent animals that indulge and react to every stimuli on earth..There are so called - gays that are attracted to beautiful woman...(i don't mean bi-sexuals) - who are NOT allowed to follow through with their attraction because - they have been offically banned from doing so by the now highly institutional catagory of "gay" - give humans some freedom to be fully themselves! That is my point.
Do you think heterosexuals are ALL ABOUT SEX? Do they fall in love? Feel strong emotional and spiritual connections? Commit to another person that they love, raise families etc?

It's no different for gays and lesbians. So why do so many people only think SEXSEXSEX when it comes to 'gay'?

Seriously, straight anti-gay people are FAR more focused on 'gay sex' than gay people are. Especially the religious ones.

What's that about?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies