Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you feel it is correct to teach children that homosexuality is normal and natural?
Yes 292 50.34%
No 256 44.14%
I am unsure 32 5.52%
Voters: 580. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2012, 07:34 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,387,159 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
I guess you haven't heard the New York school system is going to teach grade school kids about beastility. Any and all sex is fair game to teach now, I guess. Slippery slope for sure.
Did you read that on World Nut Daily?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2012, 07:35 AM

1,594 posts, read 3,057,490 times
Is it normal/natural? That's debatable. Is it acceptable? Absolutely.

Old 01-03-2012, 07:37 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,411,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Scates View Post
The person who sees aliens everywhere, will understand that they can not admit it to some people or they will get locked up. What they can't understand is why these insane people who don't see the aliens get to lock them up.

... only in this case, because science has already concluded, through an overwhelming consensus, that homosexuality is NOT a mental disorder and is NORMAL, anyone teaching their child that homosexuality is a "mental disorder" is going against science in favor of their own unlearned opinion, and are teaching their child to be just as dumb, ignorant and backwoods as they are.

HOPEFULLY that child isn't gay themselves, or they're in for a world of mental damage alright - at the hands of their unfit parents. HOPEFULLY once they enter the real world they will have the fortitude to form their own opinions, and get educated, despite their parents' best efforts to keep them dumb.

We should invest more money removing children from homes where parents willfully teach their children such nonsense. It's tantamount to child abuse, and will surely lead to inabilities to function properly in the real world, as evidenced by the many, many posts from social conservatives on this board. Such breathtaking conservative ignorance you only read about.... very scary to know they actually do exist, and feel the need to throw their ignorance around like a chimp at the zoo, tossing its droppings at shocked onlookers.

Old 01-03-2012, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganusn View Post
Yes, why would it be wrong. Replace homosexuals with black, asian, or democrat.
Social conservative response: "Yes, and?"

Old 01-03-2012, 07:46 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,680,436 times
Quote:
Do you feel that it is correct to teach children that homosexuality is normal and natural? Teachers, Parents... people with authority over children
Can we get a forum specifically for GLBTG, and make this forum for just politics? This way the concerns for gay plight and gay social issues can be addressed by people who actually care about those issues.

for the umteenth time, being gay is natural, but it is not a "normal" condition for any species.

Old 01-03-2012, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post

What is your problem?

Where do you come up with this stuff?

I know where she gets it:

Old 01-03-2012, 07:53 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,822,592 times
Quote:
Do you feel that it is correct to teach children that homosexuality is normal and natural? Teachers, Parents... people with authority over children
Yes. Anything otherwise would be idiocy.

Old 01-03-2012, 07:55 AM

4,127 posts, read 5,068,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Yeah, but there's a difference between holding a belief to be true, and vehemently/loudly speaking in hateful words against something. I know plenty of religious folks who "disagree" with homosexuality, but few of them care to the point of yelling at other people about it... in other words, most Christians think the Westboro Baptist Church is as ridiculous & hateful as the rest of us do.

So in terms of what filihok said above, I do believe he meant "those who speak LOUDEST" are usually hiding something. Thus, if you were constantly screaming about how horrible the desert was, I might think you harbored some resentment for not living in one. Make sense?
Do you have any idea how irrational that sounds? Seriously gizmo, take a step back and look at your own statement objectively. Do you think the Pat Robertsons and Jerry Falwells also are secretly Muslim? It's a non sequitur and you of all people know it. Half the people posting (on both sides of any issue) on this forum are functional illiterate buffoons but I've come to expect much more from you.

Now go back and objectively examine your first paragraph. You said, "plenty of religious folks". Would you care to give a breakdown of those religious folks as to what their particular sect or cult might be? It's essentially the same sweeping statement: "All Indians wear red shoes because the one I saw did."
So, to answer your question.... No, it doesn't make sense.

Excuse the irony but were you to actually accept the argument of "doth protest too much." as empirical data, it would be an act of blind faith. Remember, the author of that line was foremost a satirist.

Old 01-03-2012, 07:59 AM

4,127 posts, read 5,068,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Can we get a forum specifically for GLBTG, and make this forum for just politics? This way the concerns for gay plight and gay social issues can be addressed by people who actually care about those issues.

for the umteenth time, being gay is natural, but it is not a "normal" condition for any species.
But those words both start with the same letter.

Old 01-03-2012, 08:00 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,387,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
First your words are wrong. It is not beyond their control.

God hates sin and God loves the sinner. Because you refuse to comprehend what the word of God says ,you refuse to acknowledge his word of truth.

YOu are trying to gain ground with the hate word same as others use the race card with no racism involved. I never hated any gays.. I know quite a few gay people who have come and gone in my life as I have lived my life. They are God's creation.

You look for sympathy with saying you are hated when you know it isn't even the truth. Gays are loved everywhere. But their sin is not.

Fact is you love your sin more than God and refuse to repent .

Jesus was a very plain speaker on sin.

I am on this thread for the children. I want to see how many of us really care about the next generation.. some just don't understand the spirit of homosexuality is a spirit that ensnares people of all age groups.

Jesus was a very plain speaker to people like you:

"You brood of vipers, how can you, being evil, speak what is good? For the mouth speaks out of that which fills the heart. 35“The good man brings out of his good treasure what is good; and the evil man brings out of his evil treasure what is evil. 36“But I tell you that every careless word that people speak, they shall give an accounting for it in the day of judgment. 37“For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned.”
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies