Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you feel it is correct to teach children that homosexuality is normal and natural?
Yes 292 50.34%
No 256 44.14%
I am unsure 32 5.52%
Voters: 580. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2012, 09:21 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,175,551 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
I just hope that we evolve to the point of being more spiritual beings that just common and highly intelligent animals that indulge and react to every stimuli on earth..There are so called - gays that are attracted to beautiful woman...(i don't mean bi-sexuals) - who are NOT allowed to follow through with their attraction because - they have been offically banned from doing so by the now highly institutional catagory of "gay" - give humans some freedom to be fully themselves! That is my point.
Finding both genders attractive is usually referred to as either polysexual or pansexual. I fall under the pansexual category.

The rest of your post makes no sense. There is no "highly institutional category of 'gay'" that bans people from acting on their attractions to someone of the opposite gender. There is a social stigma attached to acting on homosexual attractions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2012, 09:24 AM

13,285 posts, read 15,313,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Ryder View Post
So what is this natural order of things? Whether you're aware of it or not you are now using the standard creationists' argument.
The natural order is what occurs in nature. Things like homosexuality and bisexuality.

When someone's external fundamental belief system go against what they observe or even feel, there is bound to be conflict.

Old 01-03-2012, 09:35 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,987,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Not necessarily, generally depends on whether you have a live let live attitude. Although I don't know what there is to disagree with. It would be like disagreeing with black skin, blue eyes, left-handedness, high IQs, or the sky being blue.

Homosexuality exists and is not going away. Just because you personally would never want to be with a member of the same-sex (and if you're straight, that would make sense), doesn't mean you can't accept that some people are wired to only be attracted to members of the same-sex.
This thread is about teaching it as NORMAL. To our children.

Most Gays don't have children, none of them have children from themselves.

Why would a gay agenda opinion have merit over a NORMAL Man / Women relationship.

Teach your own this digressive life choice, not those that find it vile and degrading to mankind.

Old 01-03-2012, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
The natural order is what occurs in nature. Things like homosexuality and bisexuality.

When someone's external fundamental belief system go against what they observe or even feel, there is bound to be conflict.
Murder / Rape / Incest / Pedophilia / Drug abuse / self mutilation etc... all occur in nature.

I don't think we should advance them. Or teach them.

Old 01-03-2012, 09:37 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,668,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Ryder View Post
To be honest, I don't know who that is. Should I? I'm terrible with names so you'd have to provide me with some context. Are you presenting this person as data or anecdote? See where this is going?
Marcus is Michelle Bachmann's husband.

Old 01-03-2012, 09:38 AM

18,420 posts, read 19,036,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by modeerf View Post

Most Gays don't have children, none of them have children from themselves.

Why would a gay agenda opinion have merit over a NORMAL Man / Women relationship.

Teach your own this digressive life choice, not those that find it vile and degrading to mankind.
yeah, way better to keep your kids in the dark about the world around.

Old 01-03-2012, 09:40 AM

4,127 posts, read 5,069,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post

Nature is random. Sorry, I see no evidence of a creation or natural order. You're using the same flawed argument as another poster anthropomorphizing "Mother Nature" but with an opinion counter to your own.

But for the sake of expedience, let's assume for a moment that there is indeed a creator and some sort of order (your prerequisite, not mine). Why is there bound to be conflict due to observed contradiction?

You are using exactly the same flawed argument based on faith and anecdote as your opponent. Exactly why should your flawed argument be more valid than an equally flawed counter argument?

Old 01-03-2012, 09:40 AM

13,285 posts, read 15,313,886 times
Quote:
Murder / Rape / Incest / Pedophilia / Drug abuse / self mutilation etc... all occur in nature.

I don't think we should advance them. Or teach them.
Nor do I. What is your point?

Old 01-03-2012, 09:41 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,833,891 times
Quote:
I don't think children ought to be taught someone's personal belief of what is normal versus not. Doing so from fear of them being driven into homosexuality would be abnormal. You can't override something that exists naturally by preaching against it.

Old 01-03-2012, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
yeah, way better to keep your kids in the dark about the world around.
No my kids are taught it is not NORMAL. They really didn't have to be taught the truth, it was pretty automatic when they saw two guys kissing. Gross, wrong, and AB-NORMAL.

Darkness btw is why this world is falling apart and becoming more destructive, and hateful.

Teaching deviance and sensualism has moved this world closer to destruction.

But i don't expect you to understand the deeper meanings to our actions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies