Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you feel it is correct to teach children that homosexuality is normal and natural?
Yes 292 50.34%
No 256 44.14%
I am unsure 32 5.52%
Voters: 580. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2012, 12:35 PM

33,572 posts, read 18,177,840 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
If that is the case, why do people quote Leviticus at all when saying that homosexuality is an abomination?

And why do they excuse themselves from the sins outlined in 1 Corinthians 6:9-10? Do you really believe that self-righteous Christians never lie, cheat, steal, drink, or idolize people and concepts other than God? What makes you think you are any better than the gay people you so love to condemn? If you tell me that you have never lied in your life, or that you have never met a Christian person who has gotten drunk before, then you are holding yourself and your fellow "Christians" to a different standard than the gay people you so love to hold in disdain.

Even if, for whatever reason, you do claim that none of the CHristians you know have ever engaged in the sins outlined in that one verse, I can tell you personally that I have. I have met self-identified "Christians" who have cheated on their spouses and then been accepted into a church later on because God has forgiven their sins. I'm all for forgiveness and have no problem with forgiving someone who may have a less-than-stellar past. But that's not the issue with so many self-righteous "Christians".

The issue is sheer hypocrisy. So many "Christians" are so quick to pinpoint non-believers' sins without admitting to their own. You're no better than the men and women who enjoy sex with people of the same sex, because chances are, you've lied, even if it was to tell your mother that she looks great in that dress. Chances are that at some point in your life, you or someone in your church congregation was drinking and had a little too much and got drunk.

If God is willing to forgive you for lying and drinking and so on, why would He not be willing to forgive gay people for engaging in same-sex relations? Why do you feel so comfortable condemning others when you have just as many weaknesses, are just as prone to sin, and just as imperfect in God's eyes as gay people?
I do not condemn anyone.. Jesus was plain saying their sinful state condemns them.
You are not tolerant of God's word, how can you be tolerant to what I say.All people are condemned to death in their sinful state. It is Jesus who brings life to those who accept him.

I do not have the power to forgive. Only God. I am a messenger of the truth and I cannot condemn anyone. It is sin that condemns according to the word of God.

Jesus said to the woman taken in adultery. I do not condemn you. Go and sin no more. It is the sin that condemns.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2012, 12:37 PM

4,127 posts, read 5,069,623 times
I'll be blunt. Neither Heterosexuality nor Homosexuality is normal or natural. Humans, like every other animal that reproduces sexually, is hardwired to hump. I would prefer kids be taught biology. Sexuality is a preference and I'm against teaching kids what to think.

Sorry gay advocates, you do indeed choose to have sex with your own gender. It's natural to hump.
Sorry religious fanatics, humans are not driven to be fruitful and multiply, they are driven to hump.

Old 01-01-2012, 12:38 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,313,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
God created sex for one man and one woman only.

Betty Bowers Explains Traditional Marriage to Everyone Else - YouTube

Old 01-01-2012, 12:42 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,468,133 times
Quote:
I do not condemn anyone.. Jesus was plain saying their sinful state condemns them.
You are not tolerant of God's word, how can you be tolerant to what I say.All people are condemned to death in their sinful state. It is Jesus who brings life to those who accept him.

I do not have the power to forgive. Only God. I am a messenger of the truth and I cannot condemn anyone. It is sin that condemns according to the word of God.

Jesus said to the woman taken in adultery. I do not condemn you. Go and sin no more. It is the sin that condemns.
What exactly are you doing by "disapproving of the gay lifestyle" then? Condoning, supporting, advocating?

And if it's the sin that condemns, why don't you seem to care about all the other sins listed in the Bible?

Old 01-01-2012, 12:44 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,358,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Since I'm so stupid, could you just you re-post your answer as to why my homosexuality is wrong with examples of the harm it causes me or others. I'd really appreciate it.
And why would I do that, I made a comment on why it does no good for someone to explain those thing to you. Do you even try to understand a persons comment? take each word and read it again. Do you suffer from OCD? You ask the same questions over and over in each thread but never accept the answer from anyone.

Old 01-01-2012, 12:45 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,313,886 times
Quote:
I can. It is unnatural to those who have common sense. To have sex with a body part that is to be used to eliminate waste from the body is unnatural.

You mean like the penis and the vagina?

Perhaps less time spent reading your sheep-herder comic book and more time reading a middle school health textbook would be beneficial.

http://catalog.nucleusinc.com/imagescooked/16619W.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by wikipedia
Urination, also known as micturition, voiding, peeing, weeing, pissing, and more rarely, emiction, is the ejection of urine from the urinary bladder through the urethra to the outside of the body. In healthy humans the process of urination is under voluntary control. In infants, elderly individuals and those with neurological injury, urination may occur as an involuntary reflex. In other animals, in addition to expelling waste material, urination can mark territory or express submissiveness. Physiologically, micturition involves coordination between the central, autonomic and somatic nervous systems. Brain centers that regulate urination include the pontine micturition center, periaqueductal gray, and the cerebral cortex. In males urine is ejected through the penis,

http://www.ayurvediccure.com/images/vagina2.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by wikipedia
Regular menstruation (also called eumenorrhea) lasts for a few days, usually 3 to 5 days, but anywhere from 2 to 8 days is considered normal.[1] The average menstrual cycle is 28 days long from the first day of one menstrual period to the first day of the next. A normal menstrual cycle is typically between 21 and 35 days between menstrual periods. [2]
The average blood loss during a monthly menstrual period is 35 milliliters (or 4 to 6 tablespoons of menstrual fluid) with 10-80 milliliters considered typical. Menstrual fluid is the correct name for the menstrual flow, although many people refer to it as menstrual blood. Menstrual fluid in fact contains some blood, as well as cervical mucus, vaginal secretions, and endometrial tissue. Menstrual fluid is reddish-brown, a slightly darker colour than blood. [3]
Many women also notice shedding of the uterus's endometrium lining during menstruation.

Last edited by filihok; 01-01-2012 at 01:04 PM..

Old 01-01-2012, 12:45 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,109,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
How about left-handedness? Is that normal and natural? Roughly as many people are left-handed as are gay.

And do you know what these unnatural perverts do?
They masturbate, left-handed.
The left-handed straight men stimulate their wives'/girlfriends'/one-night-stands'/**** buddies' clitorises with their...left-hand.
The left-handed straight women give their husbands/boyfriends/one-night-stands/**** buddies hand jobs with their...left-hand.

As a right-handed straight male I find this behavior disgusting.

Luckily, my views are backed up by non other than the Catholic Church.

The Left-Handed Lifestyle is an Abomination! | Gay Blog | Gay News

That left-handers are allowed to mix freely with right-handers, marry freely, engage in their perverted sex acts, and raise children is a sign of our declining morality.
Or hair whorl. Here are some interesting things to ponder. About 8% of all men have a counterclockwise hair whorl (an abomination perhaps?). However, nearly 25% of gay men have a counterclockwise hair whorl. Also, 45% of the left-handed have a counterclockwise hair whorl. As to handedness, gay men are something like 80% more likely to be left-handed than straight people.

I wonder if left-handedness, a counterclockwise hair whorl, and male homosexuality have some sort of genetic pathway overlap?

Old 01-01-2012, 12:53 PM

3,201 posts, read 3,859,880 times
I notice gay people have similar facial structures very similar to John Travolta.

Old 01-01-2012, 12:54 PM

33,572 posts, read 18,177,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
What exactly are you doing by "disapproving of the gay lifestyle" then? Condoning, supporting, advocating?

And if it's the sin that condemns, why don't you seem to care about all the other sins listed in the Bible?
You chose to believe what you want. God does not support the gay lifestyle. Sending Jesus to die on the cross for all sinners is as plain as one can say it. It is God's word that tells us what sin is, not I as you presume .

Old 01-01-2012, 12:55 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,468,133 times
Quote:
You chose to believe what you want. God does not support the gay lifestyle. Sending Jesus to die on the cross for all sinners is as plain as one can say it. It is God's word that tells us what sin is, not I as you presume .
Right. And what are you using as a basis for God's word?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies