Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you feel it is correct to teach children that homosexuality is normal and natural?
Yes 292 50.34%
No 256 44.14%
I am unsure 32 5.52%
Voters: 580. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2012, 11:55 AM

33,572 posts, read 18,177,840 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
You're welcome to your beliefs. I disagree.

So, I'll favor the teaching of children that they should respect ALL people and treat them the same, regardless of their sexual orientation.
God is tolerant of sinners, if he wasn't we would all be dead. Fact is you want acceptance of your sin, not tolerance of your sin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2012, 11:57 AM

2,677 posts, read 2,618,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
With God everything is possible. God is more powerful than satan.
Then why does he allow Satan to corrupt so many of his children to the point that eternal damnation and torture is the result?

Old 01-01-2012, 11:58 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,468,133 times
Quote:
God is tolerant of sinners, if he wasn't we would all be dead. Fact is you want acceptance of your sin, not tolerance of your sin.
Um, really all gay people are rooting for is tolerance. At this point we don't even have that much.

Old 01-01-2012, 12:00 PM

499 posts, read 581,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Yes they do. It's called Mardi Gras, Spring Break, etc. Or any Friday/Saturday night at your local hook up bar will have the same affect. Or a locker room, or the military, etc.

You don't realize that heterosexuality is in your face 24/7 because it's so common it doesn't register.
So what does that say about normality? I don't think homosexuality IS normal but I live and let live, I just don't want it pushed in my face 24/7. I don't flaunt the fact that I am a women happily married to a man so why should some homosexual insist on my knowing that he is homosexual? Basically I don't care enough to have an opinion on it, I just don't want to watch parades and see men with moustaches kissing other men in the street. It is sick making! Yes, I do avoid any parades such as that!

Old 01-01-2012, 12:02 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,395,288 times
Quote:

Well, being as I'm a heterosexual, I'm not guilty of this particular "sin".

I simply advocate for tolerance, mutual respect and love. Those sentiments should ring bells with a Christian, no?

Old 01-01-2012, 12:02 PM

33,572 posts, read 18,177,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
It seems you did too.

Deuteronomy 14

Leviticus 11

Leviticus 14

Deuteronomy 22

Are you sure you really want to get into what the Bible calls sinful?
Do you not know that Jesus fulfilled the law? Do you not know that is the old covenant law and we are under a new covenant in Christ?

Your understanding of the bible is off.

Old 01-01-2012, 12:03 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,109,537 times
Quote:
Damn right I want acceptance of my "sin" (I prefer to call it my humanity rather than my sin).

It seems to me you're also seeking acceptance of your sin (actual sin in this instance) - the sin of irrationally hating and discriminating against/mistreating others simply because they are different than you.

Old 01-01-2012, 12:06 PM

499 posts, read 581,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joebaldknobber View Post
I think it is refreshing when my son touches other boys genitals, as well as young girls.

All children should be encouraged to experiment sexually.

He needs to decide for himself what kind of sexual arousal he enjoys the most.
Your're sick!

Old 01-01-2012, 12:08 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,468,133 times
Quote:
The true Christian knows that homosexuality is sin and God himself said it is an abomination PERIOD!
Can you quote the verses you have in mind? Are these some of them?

Lev 18:22, 1 Tim 1:10, 1 Cor 6:9, Lev 20:13, and Rom 1:27. They all pretty much say, plainly, that homosexuality is an abomination, or at least that an act that is commonly translated as homosexuality is an abomination.

And yet the Bible also tells us, according to Gen 18:20, that being inhospitable is worth the death penalty. The blind, the disabled, and people who wear contacts or glasses cannot approach the alter of God according to Lev 21:18-21. Bestiality and mixing crops in farming and mixing fabrics in clothes are all unnatural and an abomination according to Lev 19:19 and Deut 22:9-12. Not having tassels on our cloaks is an abomination as well. Shellfish is an abomination because Lev 11 says so. Eagles, vultures, and pigs are an abomination according to Deut 14, along with outlining all other kinds of dietary restrictions.

Did you read those verses of the Bible? Or did you conveniently overlook them? Or did your pastor conveniently overlook those passages and therefore not convey those parts of the Bible to you?

The true Christian knows that homosexuality is an abomination, and so are polyester/cotton blends and farmers with rotating crops and softball gloves and people who wear glasses and contacts wanting to approach God's altar!

Assuming you'll actually click on the linked verses and read them, you have absolutely no reason to act like you know those aren't in the Bible as well, along with the verses that supposedly condemn homosexuality. It is not in God's name or your pastor's name that you discriminate against gay people. It is completely your doing and up to you to decide if you will continue to have opposing viewpoints against gays while being supportive of or not minding other things that are equally condemned in the Bible.

My question to you is, are you willing to admit you cherry-pick from the Bible and that your anti-gay feelings are of your own doing? Or will you continue to defer the blame to God and the Bible because it's easier?

Old 01-01-2012, 12:09 PM

2,223 posts, read 5,488,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Scates View Post
Do you feel that it is correct to teach children that homosexuality is normal and natural? Teachers, Parents... people with authority over children
There's nothing to teach. You can't teach something that dosen't exist. It's like "teaching" your child it's actually dark outside at noon and not daylight. So, one can't "teach" his children homosexuality is not natural. You can just attempt to teach a lie. That's all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies