Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you feel it is correct to teach children that homosexuality is normal and natural?
Yes 292 50.34%
No 256 44.14%
I am unsure 32 5.52%
Voters: 580. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2012, 12:10 PM

33,572 posts, read 18,177,840 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Well, being as I'm a heterosexual, I'm not guilty of this particular "sin".

I simply advocate for tolerance, mutual respect and love. Those sentiments should ring bells with a Christian, no?
You do not know me. I am loving to gays. I have been on this earth enough and have seen gays die of aids , have seen the hiv drugs come to be. I have always tolerated all people.

This thread is about acceptance of homosexuality as being normal. I have never accepted homosexuality as being normal. I have accepted gays as they are and loved them regardless. They are God's creation . But as I said I do not approve of homosexuality as being taught to children as being normal. That is unacceptable to me as a Christian.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2012, 12:13 PM

33,572 posts, read 18,177,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DentalFloss View Post
Then why does he allow Satan to corrupt so many of his children to the point that eternal damnation and torture is the result?
God gave us a free will and satan will devour those who follow him. We have a choice every day of what to believe and what we chose not to believe. We have a choice to accept or reject in all areas of our lives.. we are what we believe.

Old 01-01-2012, 12:16 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,468,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Do you not know that Jesus fulfilled the law? Do you not know that is the old covenant law and we are under a new covenant in Christ?

Your understanding of the bible is off.
If that is the case, why do people quote Leviticus at all when saying that homosexuality is an abomination?

And why do they excuse themselves from the sins outlined in 1 Corinthians 6:9-10? Do you really believe that self-righteous Christians never lie, cheat, steal, drink, or idolize people and concepts other than God? What makes you think you are any better than the gay people you so love to condemn? If you tell me that you have never lied in your life, or that you have never met a Christian person who has gotten drunk before, then you are holding yourself and your fellow "Christians" to a different standard than the gay people you so love to hold in disdain.

Even if, for whatever reason, you do claim that none of the CHristians you know have ever engaged in the sins outlined in that one verse, I can tell you personally that I have. I have met self-identified "Christians" who have cheated on their spouses and then been accepted into a church later on because God has forgiven their sins. I'm all for forgiveness and have no problem with forgiving someone who may have a less-than-stellar past. But that's not the issue with so many self-righteous "Christians".

The issue is sheer hypocrisy. So many "Christians" are so quick to pinpoint non-believers' sins without admitting to their own. You're no better than the men and women who enjoy sex with people of the same sex, because chances are, you've lied, even if it was to tell your mother that she looks great in that dress. Chances are that at some point in your life, you or someone in your church congregation was drinking and had a little too much and got drunk.

If God is willing to forgive you for lying and drinking and so on, why would He not be willing to forgive gay people for engaging in same-sex relations? Why do you feel so comfortable condemning others when you have just as many weaknesses, are just as prone to sin, and just as imperfect in God's eyes as gay people?

Old 01-01-2012, 12:17 PM

2,677 posts, read 2,618,468 times
Quote:
God gave us a free will and satan will devour those who follow him. We have a choice every day of what to believe and what we chose not to believe. We have a choice to accept or reject in all areas of our lives.. we are what we believe.
But you just got done telling us god was more powerful. Why doesn't he just put a beatdown on mean old satan so he doesn't have to worry about us being devoured?

Old 01-01-2012, 12:19 PM

16,431 posts, read 22,209,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Scates View Post
Who said heterosexuality was not normal?
More than half of the people that voted in this poll...

Old 01-01-2012, 12:19 PM

3,201 posts, read 3,859,880 times
Did the Prophet Mohammed ever experience anal pleasures as a youth? This is for all the religious experts that seem to be here.

Old 01-01-2012, 12:21 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,358,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Since I'm so stupid, could you just you re-post your answer as to why my homosexuality is wrong with examples of the harm it causes me or others. I'd really appreciate it.
Sorry you can't get it I've proved my point.

Old 01-01-2012, 12:24 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,468,133 times
Quote:
You do not know me. I am loving to gays. I have been on this earth enough and have seen gays die of aids , have seen the hiv drugs come to be. I have always tolerated all people.

This thread is about acceptance of homosexuality as being normal. I have never accepted homosexuality as being normal. I have accepted gays as they are and loved them regardless. They are God's creation . But as I said I do not approve of homosexuality as being taught to children as being normal. That is unacceptable to me as a Christian.
Seeing gay people die of AIDS is being tolerance and loving? Especially while the whole time you are disapproving of who they are?

Old 01-01-2012, 12:29 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,109,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
Sorry you can't get it I've proved my point.
Since I'm so stupid, could you just you re-post your answer as to why my homosexuality is wrong with examples of the harm it causes me or others. I'd really appreciate it.

Old 01-01-2012, 12:35 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,313,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermaine88 View Post
Hey thats your decision!
Sorry the whole "race" argument does not phase me one bit. ...Nice Try though.

But if MY Child's Teacher taught them the BS of "Homosexuality is normal and natural". I will transfer my kids out of that class if not the entire school. It would be tough for me not to beat the **** out of that teacher.

Luckily in my community, I'm pretty sure I wont have that issue. My community still has decent values.
How about left-handedness? Is that normal and natural? Roughly as many people are left-handed as are gay.

And do you know what these unnatural perverts do?
They masturbate, left-handed.
The left-handed straight men stimulate their wives'/girlfriends'/one-night-stands'/**** buddies' clitorises with their...left-hand.
The left-handed straight women give their husbands/boyfriends/one-night-stands/**** buddies hand jobs with their...left-hand.

As a right-handed straight male I find this behavior disgusting.

Luckily, my views are backed up by non other than the Catholic Church.

The Left-Handed Lifestyle is an Abomination! | Gay Blog | Gay News

That left-handers are allowed to mix freely with right-handers, marry freely, engage in their perverted sex acts, and raise children is a sign of our declining morality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies