Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2012, 01:22 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,777,059 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
You said NO Europeans go to Community College.. And now to prove yourself wrong, you are changing the argument again. I'm not even going to ask what makes you think they are "vastly superior" because I'm afraid of what garbage you might post.

No one was discussing percentages, but must be that superior education of yours to not know the difference
That one missing cent is the one percent That is why it is called cent, it means hundred.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2012, 01:22 PM

2,385 posts, read 1,590,176 times
Quote:
You said NO Europeans go to Community College.. And now to prove yourself wrong, you are changing the argument again. I'm not even going to ask what makes you think they are "vastly superior" because I'm afraid of what garbage you might post.

No one was discussing percentages, but must be that superior education of yours to not know the difference
I'm not changing the argument. You keep insisting Community College over here is comparable to Community College in Europe. Just another big fail of yours. Countries like Germany and Switzerland just academically have higher standards than America.

Old 01-01-2012, 01:24 PM

31,292 posts, read 20,773,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsjustmeagain View Post
Why is social upward mobility higher in Europe than in America?

Your link is quite long on opinions but short on facts.

It is quite easy for anybody in America to climb the social ladder. Millions do it every year. So you should be asking why people don't take advantage of the opportunities they have. They are there.

Old 01-01-2012, 01:24 PM

89,194 posts, read 44,953,235 times
Quote:
...this country will keep going down the drain. We have over 20% real unemployment for Christ sakes.
...And the government-enabled (they get paid to do nothing other than breed) exponential overbreeding of the welfare-dependent class helps that how?

Old 01-01-2012, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Then why do they earn so much less

Why does our GDP grow usually at a much faster pace?
They don't. If you calculate what they get back through taxes, they earn way more than the american middle class. America grew faster (not anymore), because America loves the rich and doesn't give a rip about the little guy. Its all about Me, Me, Me. That's why our society is failing. Europeans think we are dumb, uncultured and primitive for a reason.

Old 01-01-2012, 01:27 PM

1,733 posts, read 1,824,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Your link is quite long on opinions but short on facts.

It is quite easy for anybody in America to climb the social ladder. Millions do it every year. So you should be asking why people don't take advantage of the opportunities they have. They are there.
The question is, is it easy enough? When a greater share of the population climb it in other western countries, America has lost something America was always tops at.

Quote:
They don't. If you calculate what they get back through taxes, they earn way more than the american middle class.
There is some truth to this, although it obviosly varies a lot by country. When you adjust for hours worked, european incomes get a lot closer to the Americans. Then there is health care, no need to save for the kids educations, etc...

Old 01-01-2012, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
...And the government-enabled (they get paid to do nothing other than breed) exponential overbreeding of the welfare-dependent class helps that how?
I never said to give people more welfare, you did. I said give people more opportunities.

Old 01-01-2012, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim Reader View Post
The question is, is it easy enough? When a greater share of the population climb it in other western countries, America has lost something America was always tops at.
My point exactly.

Old 01-01-2012, 01:29 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,916,577 times
Quote:
Please its because we have the most billionaires in this country. The European middle class is vastly prosperous compared to the american middle class. And again the OECD study shows that there are over a half dozen European countries that have higher opportunities than america. But keep closing your eyes. But this country will keep going down the drain. We have over 20% real unemployment for Christ sakes.
Keep lying. I ain't dumb enough to fall for it. Once again, only Norway, a homogenous country compared to the US, has a higher PPP and the median income of Americans is higher than practically every nation in Europe also. Just try telling the truth for once. Lying to justify immoral legalized theft..tsk, tsk.

Old 01-01-2012, 01:33 PM

769 posts, read 1,008,362 times
I've read through several pages of this thread and all I have to say is that this is pathetic.

To the OP:

You seem to post a great number of threads about the United States. It seems that perhaps you have some type of strange paranoia or obsession with it.

The European Union has FAR MORE than its fair share of problems to deal with currently. Perhaps you should focus your efforts on dealing with yourselves first, and then you can worry about others. You seem to have ample time on your hands, so get to it.

Please take your trolling antics elsewhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies