Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2012, 04:17 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,689,672 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
See, they miss the point, as usual. That vile leftist, alan colmes, said he took the baby home to "play" with it, which is just disgusting and something he must have read on one of the hateful left-wing rag sites, as Santorum mentioned in the interview with Hannity.

In the end, colmes admitted he went too far, but probably ONLY because the outrage from decent people, not that he doesn't believe what he originally said.
Yup.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2012, 04:29 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,187,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrymac View Post
As I have said many times on this forum....In order to be a modern liberal...You have to have some kind of mental defect.
True. Because if you aren't already one going in, spending 5 minutes around a conservative will certainly do it to you.

Old 01-03-2012, 04:43 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,935,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
True. Because if you aren't already one going in, spending 5 minutes around a conservative will certainly do it to you.
Well, considering conservatives outnumber liberal by 2-1 in this country, is a very good thing.

Old 01-03-2012, 04:48 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,182,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Well, considering conservatives outnumber liberal by 2-1 in this country, is a very good thing.
For ignorant chumps strength is always in numbers.

Old 01-03-2012, 04:55 PM

6,476 posts, read 7,321,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynternight View Post
Quite a few of the conservative posters here have said hands off spouses and children. I've taken others to task, especially in the thread where someone called Michelle Obama a wookie.

If Rush took a cheap shot like that at Obama then I would call him on it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
You are a rare rightie then....
Not that rare at all. I took issue with the same 'wookie' reference.

Old 01-03-2012, 05:45 PM

1,438 posts, read 1,145,846 times
Most of the people on here are pathetic. Everything has to be about politics.
This is about a man who made some messed up comments about a man who made the mistake of making something very personal public. That's all. It would be the same if Obama did it and Rush commented on it. A miscarriage in a family is a terrible thing, and its very hard. To each their own on how to deal with it. He shouldn't have made it public, but he did. Colmes shouldn't have said that, but he did. End of story.

Old 01-03-2012, 10:58 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,192,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
Not that rare at all. I took issue with the same 'wookie' reference.
So did I, in fact I reported the disgusting word every time it was used to describe the first lady. My comment
however was in response to the posters comment, "If Rush took a cheap shot like that at Obama then I
would call him on it."

In hindsight I should have highlighted it....

Old 01-03-2012, 11:20 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,208,260 times
This is definitely bizarre behavior.

And is this even allowed? I can't imagine the average person being given permission to take a corpse home. Would not the normal response be to bring the children to the hospital if an "in-person" viewing was necessary?

Seriously...how was this allowed? Are you allowed to bring corpses home from the hospital?

Old 01-03-2012, 11:23 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,370,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Not defending Colmes, but you can't deny that the way Santorum handled it was very strange, to say the least.

Fox News’ Alan Colmes Flips Out When Called Out For ‘Cheap Shot’ About Rick Santorum Baby (Updated) | Mediaite

As a rule, I do not attend funerals. I have told my family in advance to not have one on my behalf should I meet my demise. However, I accept that I'm the odd man out. In our culture, grieving generally involves viewing a dead body and accepting that what we see is true. That the Santorums elected to do so privately is their business and no more odd than doing so publicly.

I haven't yet paid a lot of attention to Santorum and don't know much about him, but he must be squeaky clean if this is the best the slimy left can do to attack him and his family.

Old 01-03-2012, 11:34 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,370,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Look, I feel real bad for what happened to the Santorum's in this case, and it was a tragedy, no question about it. However, you can't tell me bringing home a dead baby born about 4 months prematurely and showing it to your kids isn't bizarre....

Open casket funerals are bizarre?

I was taken to many funerals as a child.

In every case a dead body was on display.

In our culture, viewing dead bodies is part of the grieving process.

I personally find it an odd thing to do, but viewing a lifeless body in private is no more bizarre than doing so publicly.

The only thing creepy about this is that the left actually wants to use it to attack him and his family.

I always wonder what the new low will be for the left.

They're really going to have to go to work to top this one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies