Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2012, 10:11 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,223,708 times

Advertisements

The exact type of gun the young adult brandished at the police:

http://img.tapatalk.com/440b8469-0836-56cd.jpg

If I were a policeman and someone brought this up like they were going to shoot me with it you betcha I'd pump a couple into them....

Last edited by CaseyB; 01-05-2012 at 04:41 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2012, 10:11 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,777,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
You have it all figured out...no need for me to keep insisting that this is a sick country when people openly rejoice when a teen is killed because he had a pellet gun. NO parent ever knows everything their kids do or say,
except in the RW fantasy world. Liberals are often accused of drinking the Jim Jones Kool-Aid; it seems the right wing drank hefty doses of the Owsley kind.
Not exactly rejoicing but good parents do know what kind of toys their kids have and are playing with. If the parents didn't buy him the toy, they should certainly know or investigate how he got the toy, if he stole it for example, they should wonder how certain things are in his possession.

And certainly when he goes off to school in the morning they should know if he's taking toys and toy guns to school. It's 8th grade after all -- don't most parents monitor their children at least through 8th grade? Especially if the kid has failed twice already, you'd be MORE on top of them.

Old 01-04-2012, 10:13 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,022,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
Sanrene, well.....was she the poster that suggested Mace or something? Shaking my head....someone on this thread did.

That would indeed be me; how interesting that so many cheered the use of pepper spray to disperse OWS crowds but don't think either it or mace could have stopped one 15 year-old boy.

Old 01-04-2012, 10:14 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,533,924 times
Jesus, our Lord and savior never told you to put the perp before the victims, be them successfully made victims or only "attempted to be made" victims.

Jesus traveled with armed men! When He told one of His apostles to put that sword away, notice that He didn't chew the guy out for HAVING a sword! Jesus was in the guy's company and had allowed him to carry that sword. Only when he used it, it obviously had not been fitting in that situation, hence Jesus told him "to live by the sword is to die by the sword" but no, that is not an exact quote.

The sword, 2,000 years ago was absolutely "the gun of today" for it was the weapon of choice.

Jesus was not a wimp that floated on a cloud, and though very patient, there is an end to every age, season and to even His longsuffering patience.

Old 01-04-2012, 10:15 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,223,708 times
Quote:
That would indeed be me; how interesting that so many cheered the use of pepper spray to disperse OWS crowds but don't think either it or mace could have stopped one 15 year-old boy.
Just FYI, a bullet travels a lot faster than a spray of mace or pepper spray....

If you want to apprehend a person in front of you holding a gun with a can of pepper spray I'll be the first to say you're an idiot and may God have mercy on your soul...

Old 01-04-2012, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Not exactly rejoicing but good parents do know what kind of toys their kids have and are playing with. If the parents didn't buy him the toy, they should certainly know or investigate how he got the toy, if he stole it for example, they should wonder how certain things are in his possession.

And certainly when he goes off to school in the morning they should know if he's taking toys and toy guns to school. It's 8th grade after all -- don't most parents monitor their children at least through 8th grade? Especially if the kid has failed twice already, you'd be MORE on top of them.
What horse-hocky. Kids hide things from their parents all the time, just as the boys at Columbine did. Only a fool believes that "good parents" are omniscient and omnipotent when it comes to their kids.

Old 01-04-2012, 10:16 PM

7,788 posts, read 8,042,332 times
Quote:
they didn't whip out guns and point them. the punk did

Old 01-04-2012, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Again, you fail to bring aprpos comparisons/examples.

OWS did not have guns pointed at the cops. Then, seeing video instead of just photos of the OWS kids after being sprayed it was obvious that they didn't suffer from the spray because humans would have physically reacted according to how it hurt, harmed them or did not.

Anyway, a 15yr. old pointed a gun at cops, repeatedly, AFTER saying he would kill everyone. Reports have the cops refusing to say what he said before he was shot but some of the students are talking, and this is what is reported to have been heard.

Old 01-04-2012, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Just FYI, a bullet travels a lot faster than a spray of mace or pepper spray....

He didn't have bullets, he had a pellet gun.

Old 01-04-2012, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
The exact type of gun the young adult brandished at the police:

If I were a policeman and someone brought this up like they were going to shoot me with it you betcha I'd pump a couple into them....

OF COURSE, most of us would react just like the cops, and anyone that wouldn't is potentially in a lot of danger every day of their lives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies