Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2012, 03:32 AM

15,912 posts, read 20,198,598 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
This was a pellet gun. They can kill rabbits, birds and squirrels, but please give me a link listing the deaths of humans by pellets in this country every year.
[MOD CUT]

Consumer Product Safety Commission

BB Guns Can Kill <***************************************NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE

CPSC Document #5089
http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/pubs/5089.jpg (broken link)

BB Guns Can Kill (http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/pubs/5089.html - broken link)

Now Evenstar51, please explain to us why the United States government would lie and misrepresent something to the American consumer?

Last edited by Ibginnie; 01-05-2012 at 11:19 AM.. Reason: personal attack
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2012, 03:39 AM

Quote:
Or maybe the boy had mental or emotional problems to do such a thing. I suppose we need to just kill off the disturbed or mentally challenged and
be done with it. How I pity the people who are so unrightfully sanctimonious and all-knowing. Life has a way of bringing such arrogance and callousness back to bite you on the tush, and it will rock your world.
The fact is this young adult is dead because of his own decision(s).

With the things you say you sound like you came out the same mold this young adult did: (either that or Adolf Hitler was your idol. He said the exact same thing about Germans who were disturbed or mentally ill.)

Quote:
I suppose we need to just kill off the disturbed or mentally challenged and be done with it.
By far *you* have posted the most bloodthirsty things in this thread.

Last edited by plwhit; 01-05-2012 at 04:06 AM..

Old 01-05-2012, 03:53 AM

Quote:
What condescending and ridiculous tripe. Most people learn well by rote, so I'll give it a last go: His parents didn't buy the gun for him.
As with another baseless assertion you made earlier I'll ask the same question I did then (without getting an answer on that one):

How do you know the means in which this young adult procured the pistol?

Quote:
I suppose they should have walked their 15 year-old to school, then sat in every classroom with him...then we'd have no problem.
As usual you post the most ludicrous things... Perhaps a school bus? Perhaps if the young adult had been taught proper respect for authority at home he would be sitting in JV or at home tonight.

Quote:
Perhaps Jaime had been bullied at school. Perhaps he had autism or dysgraphia or some other learning disorder. Perhaps he had ADD. Regardless, he's dead now and all Texans can sleep peacefully. Nor will they have to worry about Jaime passing along his genes, and maybe his parents will be arrested for not being sufficiently controlling. Maybe we can have our own Kristallnacht
for Hispanics. The possibilities are endless, but there are people who have been striken to their very souls by this boy's death, and I'm pretty sure that they're being spiritually comforted.
Man can you bleeding hearts come up with beautiful excuses. With the way this young adult conducted himself in life it's best his genes weren't passed on.

Quote:
For those who've been pleased, I pity the lot of you; I can't imagine having to live with such a hard heart.
All of us who are pleased are pleased because the response(s) by all parties was exactly what they should have been.

The young adult had no respect for authority (which is blatantly obvious) and he paid the ultimate price.

How do you know, maybe this entire scenario was concocted by the young adult to wind up exactly like it did...

Cop Assisted Suicide.

Old 01-05-2012, 04:43 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,418,524 times
I find the anti-cop perspective during events like this interesting. Do people think cops have superhero like powers and can determine a real gun from a BB gun several feet away?

The kid should have listened maybe he was scared I don't know but to suggest the cops did something wrong is truly baffling. Are they supposed to wait and get shot at first than fire? I mean what do you cop haters want more dead cops?

Old 01-05-2012, 05:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
15 years old is an adult? Cops not getting shot by a bb gun is a reason to rejoice.

The posts get more pathetic.
I said young adult, this isn't the quaint 1930's anymore...

12 year olds have babies, 10 year old boys sell drugs and kill people.

Still with the slappy faces I see, must make you feel powerful and intelligent when you use them...

Old 01-05-2012, 05:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
I find the anti-cop perspective during events like this interesting. Do people think cops have superhero like powers and can determine a real gun from a BB gun several feet away?

The kid should have listened maybe he was scared I don't know but to suggest the cops did something wrong is truly baffling. Are they supposed to wait and get shot at first than fire? I mean what do you cop haters want more dead cops?
As I said in a much earlier post:

Quote:
don't you know in the progressive liberal world the police when confronted with a person brandishing what appears to be a weapon ALWAYS politely ask the perpetrator for his weapon to verify it is what it appears to be and after making the determination hand it back to the perpetrator and then continue with the incident.....

Old 01-05-2012, 06:04 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,167,680 times
And here we go -
Quote:
"Why was so much excess force used on a minor?" the boy's father, Jaime Gonzalez Sr., told The Associated Press outside the family's home Wednesday night. "Three shots. Why not one that would bring him down?"
Police Shoot, Kill Teenager Holding Pellet Gun In Texas Middle School | Fox News

I can answer him.. Because your idiot son committed suicide. He brandished a weapon, and pointed it at a police officer who had instructed him to drop the weapon. If you were in the shoes of that officer you would have done the exact same thing, to prevent your wife and kids from losing their husband and father, you would have shot the kid.

Old 01-05-2012, 08:14 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,603,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
He brandished a weapon, and pointed it at a police officer who had instructed him to drop the weapon. If you were in the shoes of that officer you would have done the exact same thing, to prevent your wife and kids from losing their husband and father, you would have shot the kid.
Exactly right!

Some years ago here in NYC, a police officer responded to a complaint and when the apartment door opened, a large woman wielding an equally large butcher knife came running at him. He shot her. Then there was a huge uproar in the media because the woman was black and the cop was white. The fact of her charging him with a butcher knife was pushed off to the side.

Old 01-05-2012, 08:26 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,212,031 times
There have been several police shootings lately like the dog killings and the seattle woodcarver shooting that were unjustified...

However, this looks like a clean kill. Unless this BB Gun had the Orange tip as required by most toys.

Old 01-05-2012, 11:43 AM

24,621 posts, read 19,165,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
The fact is this young adult is dead because of his own decision(s).
Young adult? He was 13. If he had been 19, you would have called him a teenager.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post

The kid should have listened maybe he was scared I don't know but to suggest the cops did something wrong is truly baffling.
The cops were wrong.

I was a cop. Given 5 minutes, I could have trained two 12-year old female students to take the kid down using unarmed self-defense tactics.

The evidence is that the cops knew it was a pellet gun, and not a .50 caliber.

What's wrong with tasing the kid? I mean cops have tased a 6-year old before. Pepper spray? Lot of options.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies