Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2012, 04:59 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times

Advertisements

Why should someone vote for Obama?

Have you looked at and listened to the field of GOP candidates?

Last edited by burdell; 01-08-2012 at 05:22 AM.. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2012, 05:11 AM

4,697 posts, read 6,449,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post

Have you looked at and listened to the field of GOP candidates?
Exactly.

The days of moderate Republicans seem to be over, and I think that's a shame. I wouldn't mind voting for a Republican - it wouldn't be the first time I did so - but there is no one, either among the declared candidates or any other Republican - who would get my vote.

On the other hand, frankly it would take a special, even extraordinary, Republican candidate to sway my vote away from President Obama. I think he's done a solid job - with terrorism, with health care, and - given the mess he faced when he took office, and the party of NO in Congress - with the economy as well.

I have no reason to look for someone else to vote for President, and if I did look, there's no one else out there worthy of my vote.

Old 01-08-2012, 05:15 AM

4,818 posts, read 11,004,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post

Have you looked at and listened to the firld of GOP candidates?
Amen....

Old 01-08-2012, 05:28 AM

235 posts, read 307,254 times
Some reasons not to...

PolitiFact | Chain e-mail titled, "Barack Obama's 32 Month Report Card"

Old 01-08-2012, 05:36 AM

4,027 posts, read 7,291,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Semperparatus! View Post
Those reasons are all bs.

Old 01-08-2012, 05:41 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,892,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenGene View Post
Exactly.

The days of moderate Republicans seem to be over, and I think that's a shame. I wouldn't mind voting for a Republican - it wouldn't be the first time I did so - but there is no one, either among the declared candidates or any other Republican - who would get my vote.
There are three moderate Republicans running right now Romney, Gingrich and Huntsman.

Old 01-08-2012, 05:45 AM

4,697 posts, read 6,449,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
There are three moderate Republicans running right now Romney, Gingrich and Huntsman.
I can always count on P&OC for my morning chuckle - thanks!

Old 01-08-2012, 05:50 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,892,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenGene View Post
I can always count on P&OC for my morning chuckle - thanks!
Do you really think an extremist Republican could get elected governor of Massachusetts? I suggest you look beyond what candidates are saying in order to win the nomination and actually look at their record. Of course, an extremist to you is probably anyone who ain't a liberal.

Old 01-08-2012, 05:59 AM

1,571 posts, read 2,001,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFix View Post
Bin Laden dead. Gaddafi dead. We're finally out of Iraq. Don't Ask Don't Tell repealed. All top Al Qaeda leadership completely wiped out. First steps being taken to finally reign in our out-of-control military spending. Manufacturing jobs are finally coming back after 10 years. Unemployment is slowly coming down.

And the only thing Republicans have to offer is whining, crying, and complaining about Obama's birth certificate.

In fact, as a moderate Democrat the only thing that really irks me about Obama is his dreaded "ObamaCare". I DO NOT believe in centralized, government-controlled healthcare. But since--amazingly--the Republicans are about to nominate Mitt "Flip Flop" Romney, who invented ObamaCare, the only reason for me voting against Obama is pretty much neutralized. I would never vote for a lying scumbag like Romney, who can't even make up his mind as to whether he's a liberal or a conservative.

The choice is easy. This registered Virginia voter is voting for Obama again in 2012.
And, Democrats are distancing themselves from him in order to increase their chances of being re-elected. He's going down in history as knocking Carter out of the "weakest President" award. He was far more interested and energetic in his campaign than he is in the Oval Office. He's at staff meetings long enough for roll call, then leaves and says he wants a synopsis to read later. The staff feel they have no leadership, as well as his cabinet. It's as if he wanted to win the election, but does not want the job. He wants the position, but not the work. And, this comes from Democrat Senators, not Republicans. It's even been suggested that the Dems put someone up against him in a primary to give him some opposition in the next election. When he gives a speech, he looks and sounds good, but off camera, his words are punctuated with a lot of "Ummm...s" and silent moments because his thinking is slow.

A recent member of the White House Staff says that there are "issues" between him and the First Lady, and that there's outright friction and hostilities between the First Lady and the staff.

There are Democrats that have said he is "incompetent" for the job. Think about it... This is the very first "JOB" the man has ever had.

In the old west, this man would have been labeled an "INSTIGATOR". He would have been at the front of a "Lynch mob" inciting the rest... But, when the sheriff points a gun at him, he vaporizes, and the mob scatters. He would be a fantastic "CHEER LEADER" for someone else that can actually do the job, but after running on "CHANGE", to this day, he has no idea what to change.

Old 01-08-2012, 06:05 AM

128 posts, read 251,512 times
Easy. Are you rich?
If yes, vote republican.
If not, vote Obama.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies