Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2012, 07:46 PM

1,803 posts, read 2,624,411 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirks perception View Post
I do not know if you are christian for me how the dead are treated is very important even the nazi's did not desecrate the jews,(I am willing to contadicted my 16 year is doing research on Mengele as I speak)

I was alwats thought that what was done to the dead was magnified ten fold,
i can buy that, but you must consider this then:

if peeing on them is magnafied 10fold, how farking horrible would beheading someone be then? 10x beheading?

/see why im having issues sympathizing with them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2012, 07:54 PM

1,205 posts, read 1,855,084 times
These guys will get the full UCMJ action for the potentional operational damage they've caused, no eeking out with an article 15 for them, especially since the video is so widely distributed. Being stressed in a cobat zone does not give them the excuse to place other units at even more risk from their actions

Old 01-13-2012, 07:57 PM

5 posts, read 3,371 times
When you(the collective YOU ie the US holds its self higher it must be like ceasar wife and be beyond reproach, do you really think US soliders should be 'marked' on atrocities against the Taileban? Is that the benchmark you think should be used cause.............

Old 01-13-2012, 08:14 PM

1,777 posts, read 1,403,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DexterCat View Post
i can buy that, but you must consider this then:

if peeing on them is magnafied 10fold, how farking horrible would beheading someone be then? 10x beheading?

/see why im having issues sympathizing with them?
Nobody's sympathizing with the Taliban or even having a problem with killing them in combat. Urinating on their corpses? We're supposed to be the good guys. Just because peeing on their corpses isn't as bad as beheading or stoning or other atrocities committed by the Taliban doesn't mean that the acts of our Marines are just fine.

Old 01-13-2012, 08:25 PM

5 posts, read 3,371 times
This you articulated better then me.

Old 01-13-2012, 09:23 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,566,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
And, blame it on Obama!

Good Lord. Do people REALLY think the President sits around looking for inflammatory videos and orders them put on YouTube?

Surely, people aren't THAT stupid, are they?
Just how stupid do you have to be to think that the media doesn't have to get a seal of approval for something this incendiary to make headlines. Somebody at the top wanted this front n center, for whatever reason.

Old 01-13-2012, 09:34 PM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spudcommando View Post
These guys will get the full UCMJ action for the potentional operational damage they've caused, no eeking out with an article 15 for them, especially since the video is so widely distributed. Being stressed in a cobat zone does not give them the excuse to place other units at even more risk from their actions
Someone who gets it. Incidentally, the post/username combo is a thing of beauty.

Old 01-14-2012, 12:17 AM

4,042 posts, read 3,529,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Our soldiers had nothing to gain by doing and broadcasting such a classless act. They did lose their dignity and self-respect which is the only thing that one can walk away from a battlefield with.

We can shut our mouths but they still lost our respect.

Lost respect from who? Our enemies around the globe that never try to help us, but that OUR dollars aid every time they have an emergency?! Personally, I do not want or need the respect of such diabolical, and hypocritical countries.

That was OUR military that just helped rescue some Iranians from pirates on the sea, and I heard that we did it twice.

West nailed it.

Old 01-14-2012, 09:33 AM

1,282 posts, read 1,904,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bc42gb43 View Post
Nobody's sympathizing with the Taliban or even having a problem with killing them in combat. Urinating on their corpses? We're supposed to be the good guys. Just because peeing on their corpses isn't as bad as beheading or stoning or other atrocities committed by the Taliban doesn't mean that the acts of our Marines are just fine.
My friend... in war there are no "good guys" or "bad guys". There is only the living and the dead. You do what you have to do to avoid being in the latter category. Maybe yesterday you were with a good buddy. Maybe you and him have bonded in combat and talked about getting together when you get back home and going to a football game or having a beer. Maybe you have got to know about his family back home and he yours. Maybe you have shared pictures and letters. Then one day you are out on patrol and his head suddenly explodes and splatters brains and skull all over you because an enemy sniper killed him. Then you and your unit kill the enemy sniper and his spotter. And you are going to sit here in your Lazy Boy armchair and judge this man for taking a whiz on their dead stinking rotten bodies? It is really too bad that we do not have a draft any longer so more of you pablum puking arm chair warriors could pick up a rifle and do a patrol. You would all change your tunes.

Old 01-14-2012, 09:39 AM

1,282 posts, read 1,904,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spudcommando View Post
If you do that then you will sap out what little morale there is left in the Marine combat units over there. And they will just say "f it" and drift until their assignments end. They will patrol but they are not going to spend any time in pursuit of the enemy if the country is not standing behind them 100%. This is what happened in Vietnam which is why we lost. These guys have already been there for 10 years. Some of them are on their 5th tours over there. They are already sick of Afghanistan. They deserve our full support and not our judgement. Article 15 and 15 or 30 days of restricted duty and counseling. That is enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies