Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2012, 07:16 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,368,760 times

Advertisements

"White only"? How about ny son? He looks "white", but he is mixed. Can he swim with his brother, who looks darker than him? How about their sister? She looks like she has a tan. Just trying to figure out what "white" is...does that mean only blondes and red heads?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2012, 12:35 AM

14,416 posts, read 22,490,288 times
The lady is crazy...who cares what the f it means

Old 01-15-2012, 04:13 AM

646 posts, read 801,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
Meaningless babble from an ignorant hateful person.
I'm sure you support the black miss America or other "blacks only" crap

Old 01-16-2012, 09:52 AM

3,436 posts, read 2,949,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary phagan View Post
I'm sure you support the black miss America or other "blacks only" crap

Are you really comparing the two? If someone pays rent, they should be able to take advantage of all the amenities that are offered to other renters. Clearly the courts will see it this way. While you may fantasize about the the South winning the Civil War and Jim Crow Laws still existing, the reality is that this type of discrimination is illegal, whether you like it or not. As long as you hold onto your animosity, ignorance and stereotypes, you will hold yourself back. You will never win. If you fail, it isn't because of blacks, illegal immigration or affirmative action, it is because of you. This white male as the victim BS is no better than a black person who abuses the system and blames their own failures on racism.

Using Miss Black America as an example of "blacks only crap" is idiotic. Once again, I am not surprised - Ms. White Pride. If you want to compete in the Miss Black America Pagent, go ahead. If you want to go to a black college, go ahead. If you want to join the Black Student Union, go ahead. If you want to get a subsription to Black Enterprise or Essence, go ahead. No one will stop you. I am not even going to get into the history or why there was a need for a Black Miss America pageant, but you CAN compete in if if you feel the urge.

Here at the company that I work for, we have an Asian Pacific Forum, An African American Forum, a Hispanic Forum and A woman's Forum. All have White members and the Woman's Forum has male members. Do what floats your boat, just know that if you rent property or run a business and discriminate on the grounds of race, you will not win - if you have an issue with that, this may no longer be the country for you.

On the other hand, since we are now talking about private organizations, I wonder if I can join the Klan or the Aryan Nation. Don't act like there aren't "white only" groups. I'm sure you are very familiar with them, Ms. Mary Phagan.

Last edited by Factsplease; 01-16-2012 at 10:10 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies